POST JAPANESE, MARINE AND BBI FIGURE FINDS & DISCUSSION

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:19 am

As i said, it was originally intended to be released for last Christmas, i'm well aware of when it was 'leaked' to us....

It is true that helicopters do not sell as well as planes. And maybe that simple fact is the reason it was not released. But i am still hopeful of seeing it this Christmas.

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:28 am

bbi paras are awesome.

prior to purchasing the bbi paras the only bbi items i owned were the mustang and sherman. with all the 21st stuff out there, i wasn't sure if i could start buying "xd" from more than one company for monetary reasons. i was treating bbi more like a temp-to-hire employee.

now, after seeing how detailed the bbi paras are i hope bbi continues to produce 1:18 wwii b/c i know i will buy it. seeing some german stuff would be cool, and i'm sure the product would be outstanding, but for now let's just hope bbi continues to make u.s. stuff, no matter what it is. of course, some new vehicles/planes would be nice.

in the meantime, it is almost august, and that means two more mustangs will be here soon!

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

huh?

Post by digger » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:15 am

aferguson wrote:As i said, it was originally intended to be released for last Christmas,....
Huh? Where does this stuff come from? Funny how over time things change. That was never the case - I don't who told you that but nobody ever expected the Hind by last Xmas unless you spoke to eager product designer last summer or something.... :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:29 am

trust me..

5ohsinker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by 5ohsinker » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:06 am

He is also the same guy that posts (or used to anyways) on here looking to buy XD stuff. I would see the posts here and then see them for sale on ebay later. :?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:17 pm

Somebody please tell me where you get all your information on the BBI stuff that is supposed to come out. Not the Paras and Corsairs. Those have been established. I'm talking about the Hind. Are these rumors or have they truly been confirmed? I've steadily e-mailed BBI over and over concerning their 1/18 scale products and that has got me no where. They keep saying it is not their policy to release information on their line of toys except through their Hot News letter. That letter and their website is the biggest joke around. :roll: Everything else is put out as a rumor. So who do you get all your information from? Do you get it from vendors or do you have an inside link to BBI? Just curious to know.

digger

bbi info

Post by digger » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:35 pm

Well, it seems Aferg was holding out on us about the Hind until someone else mentioned it....:P

Maybe he knows somebody who knows somebody.... :shock: :wink:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:41 pm

It would just be nice to know what is REALLY going on at BBI with the 1/18 scale line. What direction are they going with it? Will there be more modern aircraft done? Will there be more WWII aircraft done? Will there be more Modern and WWII armor done? As consumers we need and have a right to know... :wink: :D

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:47 pm

My Japanese arrived today from Bad Cat. Nice! A little bit-overgrown, but overall they're worth every penny. Now I'm starting to think about those S2 Marines - they may need to relieve the S1s.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:12 pm

Marines in San Antonio. Also got BOB halftracks and winter M-41's. 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:43 pm

It looks like BBi is taking the low road making pseudo 1:18 scale toys for younger kids and putting the collectors on the back burner, judging from the goods I've seen at Target lately. It's quite possible they didn't make money on the big modern jets or they didn't move well enough for retailers because of their price point and their box size. The P-51 Mustang moved quite well and the price and box size were manageable.
Just my 2 cents.
Todd

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:39 am

Those of you with Paras...have you played with them yet? How is the mortar supposed to be set up? And what is that funny looking plate for?
These figures are the best!!!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:02 pm

I've used the "funny plate" as the base for the mortar. I assumed that's what its for.

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:01 pm

I took the chutes off of mine. I like them a lot more with out the chute open. Man could these boys carrie a load!

digger

Paras

Post by digger » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:09 am

Paras arrived at BCA. After shipping I paid less than 8.55 a piece, which is a little less than what they would cost me at a local TRU ($8.67) :D

These figures are NOT cheap but I waited too long to be denied :twisted:
BBI makes some damn fine WWII figures from what we've seen - I really hope they keep 'em coming and maybe throw us some more affordable 'regulars.' My S1 21st are starting to look real dated these days :?

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by OnWu » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:51 am

I just got a hold of a couple of the paras. One thing that was not adequately explained by the online stores is that these come with a ton of accessories loaded in a large 8 x 8 card. $8+ bucks a card but well worth it when compared to other 1:18 cards.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:17 pm

I got a set of the paratroopers too! Great looking set!! Lots of neat equipment and I like the new articulation !! I also like the instruction sheet on taking the chutes off! Heck, I paid $40 for a 40th Anniversary GI Joe-one soldier-handfull of equipment...so $8 for a paratrooper ain't too shabby for me!! Even the wife agreed!

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:30 am

Tinman wrote:My Japanese arrived today from Bad Cat. Nice! A little bit-overgrown, but overall they're worth every penny. Now I'm starting to think about those S2 Marines - they may need to relieve the S1s.
Can't seem to find them on the Badcat site :(

digger

figures

Post by digger » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:09 am

tankduel wrote:
Tinman wrote:My Japanese arrived today from Bad Cat. Nice! A little bit-overgrown, but overall they're worth every penny. Now I'm starting to think about those S2 Marines - they may need to relieve the S1s.
Can't seem to find them on the Badcat site :(
Came & went in about a day my friend....they only had limited stock that I suspect was the left over from CC. They were not selling cases or individuals. Hopefully if/when all the Etailers get them they will be more readily available, and CHEAPER. BC got $42 for a set of 6.

On a side note, are the Japanese and the new Paras burning up shelves or is that my wishful thinking? I hope the Cos. are watching what GOOD figures could do when readily available. 8)

Slobodon.Ginfizz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Slobodon.Ginfizz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 am

Huh! Found the BBI Paras in Northern VA, but more suprising to me was finding the BBI Mustang. It's the first time I've ever laid eyes on "Killer". Seemed to arrive at this particular store at the same time as the Corsair. Cool.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:29 am

digger:

Thank you for answering tankduel for me! Couldn't have said it better.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:00 pm

The para figures look cool, but the accessories---OMG! For you guys who customize you will love them. Head swaps and gear and all sorts of neat things. But, the actual figure will probably only look good suspended from the ceiling or in the just landed position. Still, I think it is a great value for all that you get and I will probably buy out TRU next payday.
Aaron

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:39 pm

Finally the Marines have landed in central Illinois. Toy girl said the 21C figures came in a box of 48 with Marines, BoB, pilots and Pattons.

Ray

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:43 pm

rmoore456 wrote:Finally the Marines have landed in central Illinois. Toy girl said the 21C figures came in a box of 48 with Marines, BoB, pilots and Pattons.

Ray
I ENVY YOU!!! Went to 3 Walmarts again and NOTHING here in the Cleveland area....sob.......................................

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:28 pm

Agh, so do I! Where in central Illinois? I haven't found anything in the Chicagoland area :?