New FOV affordable, 'pseudo-military' series

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

I was checking out the Matchbox section at a local Target, and noticed Unimax has a small scale dicast line of Tanks and Planes, Much smaller, than 1:72. They had New Shermans as well.

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Wow..Never saw this coming from a company that seemed to be filling in nicely for 21C and BBI. I'm fine with these figs for the price, but I wish they didn't look like they just climbed off a horse. :?
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Fritzkrieg wrote:I was checking out the Matchbox section at a local Target, and noticed Unimax has a small scale dicast line of Tanks and Planes, Much smaller, than 1:72. They had New Shermans as well.
Thanks for the head's up Fritzkrieg! They are closer to 1:144 scale, I created a new thread with pics in the 1:32 and Smaller board, check it out! 8)
viewtopic.php?t=17878

sdhenke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sdhenke » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 pm

I saw these today. I think they have some potential. Little kids might go gaga over them because they can three figures for the price of one GI Joe. Plus, if you're into customs, it never hurts to have cheap fodder. I would like to see Ages of Action at retail, though.
-Scott
If at first you don't succeed...GIVE UP!

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 pm

I saw these this weekend...

For customizing, eh. For SW they're a little more interesting in that regard.

For Kids, I'm sure some parents will push these, or give for gifts. No doubt. It's a savings.

But I'm still disappointed in Unimax on their World War 2 news, for the Bravo Team line. I simply won't be spending a fraction of what I once did on Bravo Team. Modern's not my thing, though I usually get one set of figures... Never extras though. Ever.

WW2 though, I have no less than 40 Germans I think, and about 30 Americans purchased... That's 40 and 30 ABOVE a full set of US and German troops for collecting reasons. The other 70 figures are for their army building and extra gear.

Unimax is losing me, and that stings... I'll still get one full set of figures if they put out new figures online. I love their stuff for sure. But I will NOT army build short of seeing a sale... The shipping will prohibit my enjoyment of that aspect of the hobby. :cry:
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Phaid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Phaid » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 am

Saw the Fearless Forces guys at my local Target yesterday. Picked up two of the individually packaged ones for customizing purposes. They are really cheap, around $2.50.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to do an easy head swap between the FF guys and the Bravo Team figures. The FF guys have a huge ball joint for the neck, which is nowhere near compatible with the little pegs used in Bravo Team figures.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Phaid wrote:Saw the Fearless Forces guys at my local Target yesterday. Picked up two of the individually packaged ones for customizing purposes. They are really cheap, around $2.50.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to do an easy head swap between the FF guys and the Bravo Team figures. The FF guys have a huge ball joint for the neck, which is nowhere near compatible with the little pegs used in Bravo Team figures.
I'm working on some customs using parts from these. Dremel city ...

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:48 am

Ok these have been out for a while, has any one noticed if they are selling out?
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 am

Stug45 wrote:Ok these have been out for a while, has any one noticed if they are selling out?
I haven't really paid attention, but the GI Joe and Star Wars figures always seem to be more picked over than the new FOV stuff.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."