BBI customer service request

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

BBI customer service request

Post by nooker21 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 am

Never had a problem with BBI's quality control, but then I noticed that the prop on my Daisy June Corsair is missing the Hamilton Standard logo on just one of the blades. That's kind of distracting. SO, has anyone dealt with their customer service before, or have a contact number or email that I might be able to get a replacement? Do they even have replacement parts that they send out to customers? Anyone have any experiences they can share?

Thanks,

Michael

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 am

Good luck on that one. Trying to get a hold of anyone from BBI who can help you is like getting a lunch appointment with your congressman!!

A few years ago I tried to get replacement parts for broken Corsair and P-51 pieces I bought from an online retailer. BBI said they needed for me to send pictures and detailed description. By the way this is what was mentioned on their website. I filled out the form online and submitted pictures like they asked but everytime I would receive some autoreply email citing I haven't supplied enough information such as a copy of the receipt from the company I bought it from. There was no initial requirement of a customer needing to do this in the first place on their website. So I tried sending it again attaching a copy. Another auto reply email cites I need to send a picture as an attachment!!! ugh. So I tried calling the only phone number I could find which was a New York state area code. The customer service rep said I needed to contact Hong Kong which the number they gave me certainly wasn't a toll free call but one of those uber expensive long distance calls.

I gave up and later gave the planes to a friend for his kids. Great model airplanes from BBI but the worst customer service I have ever seen.

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 am

You can chase your principles or BBI forever or just order a set of 18th hamilton standard decals from BCA for 4.00.

Forever??? or several days??? it boggles the mind.. move along folks, nothing to see here, the meat wagons done come and gone..

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:20 am

you could also just leave it as is. It was not uncommon to see prop blades without that marking on them.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:50 am

If it really bothers you then the BCA toys 18th decals are the way to go. $4 can go a long way towards saving your sanity on the phone for a few hours multiple times.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:55 am

Badcat offers 1:18 decals of the Hamilton Standard logo, in a large and small size. They are made by Vexalarius and are of excellent quality. It would be more worth it to go that route than try to deal with the BBI customer service.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:41 am

Well I actually got a hold of someone on the phone, but he said they'd call me back next week, so we'll see if they follow through. In the meantime, yeah, those decals sound good, and I noticed the BBI Hamilton Standard logos are just generic copies, and don't actually say the company name on them. It's funny what you don't notice until something just pops out at you one day...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:32 am

What customer service???????
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!