i picked up the JSI F14 today

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

i picked up the JSI F14 today

Post by Aviatornut.com » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:34 pm

I held the new JSI F14 prototype today and it looked amazing. I was disappointed with the landing gears but I was told that they are going to improve them. The landing gears feel flimsy and weak. The aircraft looks amazing with the wings folded out. It also felt like it weighed around 15 pounds.
This will be one plane I will hang in my son’s room…. All I need to do is sell off two planes to make room for her.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Just the prototype and not a production sample? Either way, that had to have been a great experience and I can't wait to hold one myself come October.

As a retailer, you are going to need to keep us posted with F-14 related developments :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:19 pm

15 pounds is very heavy. I can't believe that even in its box it weighs that much. Still it's obviously stout. :)

Cannot one of you etailers contact JSI or their distributor to get a figure for how much this plane, weighs, in its box. That's important info to determine shipping costs.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 pm

it was the same plane that was at comic con. I can't wait to see what it would look like when it is painted.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Wow, how can these things be shipping in October if they haven't finalized the landing gear yet. :cry:

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Greetings

I wouldn't get overly excited. This is a new model, they may want to be very tight lipped about the color scheme and any improvements they have made on the prototype. It'd make a lot of sense. Also, the people showing the prototype may be saying "they are going to improve them" when in retrospect they are already doing that in production.

Two key things here

1. )Price has been set

2.) Delivery date set/working prototype on display.

To me, that means the actual production version is well on the way, may already have a few examples finished. There is a clear reason why they are showing an unpainted prototype. We could be very surprised what this looks like come October! :)

I personally thought the landing gear looked good, in terms of look to the actual plane. Here's hoping they can make them stronger and keep the right look.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

STARMAN 352
Corporal
Corporal

Post by STARMAN 352 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:22 pm

15 pounds... Wow that baby has the weight.
I just ordered mine today and can't wait for Oct.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:52 am

Hope this doesn't end up like 21st's King Tiger. :shock:

:wink:

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:46 am

Aviator Nut,
When you held the Tomcat did you take notice at the dihedral on the vertical stabilizers? From every picture I see of this plane it appears the vertical stabs are perfectly parallel to one another like the F-15 Eagle. The Tomcat has roughly 3-5 degrees of outward cant on its tails.

Has anyone else noticed this in the pictures?

For anyone who was at Comic Con or anywhere else this F-14 was displayed did y'all take a look at the tail?

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:19 am

I did not notice it.... sorry ..... I was looking at the detail and lusting. :P

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:37 am

Black Lion VF-213 wrote:Aviator Nut,
When you held the Tomcat did you take notice at the dihedral on the vertical stabilizers? From every picture I see of this plane it appears the vertical stabs are perfectly parallel to one another like the F-15 Eagle. The Tomcat has roughly 3-5 degrees of outward cant on its tails.

Has anyone else noticed this in the pictures?

For anyone who was at Comic Con or anywhere else this F-14 was displayed did y'all take a look at the tail?
The stabilizers are parallel to each other. Then again, I didn't bring a caliper with me, so I can't tell for sure. :P

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, unless it's supposed to be really obvious, like the stabilizers of the F/A-18 Hornet.