New FOV affordable, 'pseudo-military' series

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Thank you for stopping by and dropping some information on us~~~~~!!!!!!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

CW4USARMY

Re: FORCES OF VALOR Small Scale Tanks & Planes at TARGET

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:11 pm

toysoldier1 wrote:For those of you that like our 1:32 and 1:72 scale FOV and BRAVO TEAM items, look for FOV Mini-Die Cast tanks and planes---which are rolling into TARGET's toy offerings now. These don't subscribe to a particular scale---just 'small', detailed and fun to collect!

Sound off and let us know how you like these...

Best Regards,

L. Gatdula
Unimax Toys
I found these at Target in El Paso. I picked up a couple of the Strykers (about 144th scale?) and an F-117 stealth. Now if only you could do the Stryker in 1:18 scale :-)

Jesse James

Re: FEARLESS FORCES

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:55 pm

toysoldier1 wrote:To answer your concerns---this line is intended to be seperate from our BRAVO TEAM and AGES OF ACTION 1:18 programs---not in any way is FEARLESS FORCES a replacement for either.

The figures feature an articulation model akin to what you've seen with Lanard, with each individual soldier accessorized with a weapon, and multi-packs of soldiers sold with multiple weapons and accessories.

FEARLESS FORCES has been released to a small number of TARGET's newest stores, and will be making their way into all of their locations by the early weeks of August.

Again, this is a value priced program designed to appeal to a mass market consumer for whom cost and value are very important considerations during these difficult times. We hope that for those not able to afford figures from more expensive lines, FEARLESS FORCES provides a fun, inexpensive alternative.

Thank you for the ear and support---

L. Gatdula
Unimax Toys
Heck, you guys didn't need to worry about that with Bravo Team either...

$5 figures compared to $7+ GI Joes, $7.99 Star Wars figures, etc.

Bravo Team's a bargain by comparison as well.

(By the way, I think I speak for just about everyone that we REALLY are looking forward to more World War 2 figures. German Paratroopers are high on everyone's list I know, but so are some other nationalities like British and so forth... New U.S. and German figures would be welcomed by us all though too, I think.)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 pm

We would also like some more vehicles please :D

Also any idea if Unimax will rerelease the Tiger? I never saw this in stores and to my knowledge only one version was relased. Any info you can give us would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Anyone seeing these, mind snapping some photos?

I'm at the least intrigued. For Star Wars, a LOT of things can be good fodder. I'm wanting to see these in person to see if headsculpts are nice, parts are good, etc. Same with the vehicles.

Speaking of cheap toys...

We're coming up on PTE time of year at Big Lots.

Let's all hope there's actually something THERE this year. :( They really let us down last year.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

toysoldier1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hi Guys

Post by toysoldier1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 am

We want to hear from you---and not just here!

Input from our fans is interesting and important to us---
and we like to be able to consider the thoughts of collectors
as we plan future development.

While there are many factors that influence the decisions to add
particular items to our lines, please voice your opinions and give us the run down on why you believe certain vehicles and figures should make their way into the ranks of FORCES OF VALOR or BRAVO TEAM.

Email us at [email protected]

Thank You!

L. Gatdula
Unimax Toys

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:30 am

a stug III is sorely needed in 1/18. Lots of repaint potential, you'd sell lots of german figures to ride on them and it's a vehicle that was mainstay to the german army in wwii and as such much desired by wwii collectors.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

Post by digger » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:00 pm

This is a 'Value' program which should appeal to young action figure fans who will be able to afford alot of FEARLESS FORCES product for a little money...and the collector or customizer looking for something new with which to 'fill out' their G.I. JOE collections, etc. Great for custom projects, as they feature strong detailing and articulation for the money---and their parts can easily be interchanged and disassembled.
Sounds great. Even if we just get some new heads or gear out of this, we win.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Speaking of cheap toys...

We're coming up on PTE time of year at Big Lots.

Let's all hope there's actually something THERE this year. :( They really let us down last year.[/quote]

Last year at BL's was a DUD! I hoping they rebound too this year!!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm hoping L. Gatdula sees the opinions about the change in focus from Unimax...

While I like that they're going to continue World War 2 stuff, I really hope they're not going to jack prices up on it. I can handle a slight increase, but it would be pretty easy to price people (myself included) out of the hobby by taking it to online retailers.

I truly hope they try to keep it as close to $5/$6 as much as possible for figures.

Vehicles... I'm curious to see what they can do. I think your suggestion is very good though, Aferg. A new German piece I'd love to get.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:23 am

Aferg said it best: :? .

Meh.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Finally spotted these guys at one Target, snapped a lot of pics, some are slightly blurry.

Fearless Forces toys breakdown:
Basic Single figures: $1.99. There are 8 different figures, 6 good guys and 2 bad guys.
4 Figure Packs: $9.99. There are 2 different 4-packs, with 3 good guys and 1 bad guy.
Figure and Small Vehicle: $7.99.
Figure and Large Vehicle: $14.99.

There are two groups, the Fearless Forces are the good guys and Darkstorm are the bad guys.

Pics ahoy!

Seven pictures out of eight single figures... I forgot to get Caiman's mugshot. :oops:

Back side card of the single figures:

4 Figure Packs:

Large Vehicle with one figure:

Smaller vehicles with one figure:

Hope the pictures help!

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:14 pm

I was walking through My local Target action figure isle today, and saw a big plastic Turd, called Fearless Force, where, my WWII Bravo Team figures should have been. I understand the marketing stradegy, but these things belong at Dollar Tree or Big Lots.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Double Post Delete

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:16 pm

[quote="I was walking through My local Target action figure isle today, and saw a big plastic Turd, called Fearless Force, where, my WWII Bravo Team figures should have been. I understand the marketing stradegy, but these things belong at Dollar Tree or Big Lots.[/quote]

ROTFL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I saw them today too and you summed it up perfectly! :lol:

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Fritzkrieg wrote:I was walking through My local Target action figure isle today, and saw a big plastic Turd, called Fearless Force, where, my WWII Bravo Team figures should have been. I understand the marketing stradegy, but these things belong at Dollar Tree or Big Lots.
Fritzkrieg i agree with you 100%

I still can't believe Unimax & Target choose these over the ww2 line :cry: :cry: :cry: these are going to go on clearance really fast no one is going to buy this crap.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:57 pm

First I want to say to Unimax that I'm 100% with others that don't understand WHY you would take WW2 out of Target...

Considering I never have seen a WW2 figure clearanced at Target, but I do see modern get cut now and again, I would think you'd want to keep WW2 coming and mix it up, while cutting back slightly on modern and mixing it in more sporadically.

I'm disappointed at that news.

That said, these new cheap figures are ok... You would stand to sell more if you tried more generic looking headsculpts, and less stuff with molded-on masks, hats, headbants, etc. I plan to nab some of these items, but it'll be pick/choose for sure.

I think the idea's sound, but I think some tweaking is needed for this to succeed more... Just my opinion. I like the effort.

Cutting WW2 out of the mix though, at Target, is a huge loss and very disappointing move on the part of Unimax. I think they'll find a lot of people do NOT buy online. I bought figures at Target here and there after I got a few full sets... Unimax is losing a LOT of money with me if theyr'e all online sales only.

If they show some new figures off, I'm sure I'll buy, but I won't buy random extras like I used to, at Target, for $4.99. Shipping makes those impulse purchases simply impossible Unimax, and sadly this is why buying JSI's new figure offerings are equally unlikely for me. I'd love to see new stuff, and I'll get what I can of NEW stuff, but my army building came from impulse purchasing... That's the same for me and Star Wars. A Stormtrooper here, a Clonetrooper there... That's how you get 100 man armies of plastic. :)

You don't do that buying online though, guys. Sorry.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 am

Well said, Jesse! NO Unimax WWII figures have EVER gone on clearance here either. AND you HAD to buy as many as you could for in about a week or so, they were ALL GONE!!

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 am

The ww2 figures went on clearance 3 weeks ago here in orlando at $2.88 they didn't last long :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:23 am

Saw the new line yesterday at Target. At first I thought it was some sort of cheap Corps/Chap Mei sort of line, then I saw the Unimax logo on the back :?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Fearless Forces website is now up.

http://www.fearlessforces.com/

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Sky Ray wrote:Fearless Forces website is now up.

http://www.fearlessforces.com/

The story is cool.

normandy

Re: Fearless Forces

Post by normandy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Well they're not what I expected. There might be some potential for figure customizing but more along the line of modern military, GI JOE or even Star Wars.

I just don't understand why, when Unimax knows a certain product sells they would remove that product from a retailer. That product being the 1:18th Brovo Team WWII Line. I have over 80 Brovo German figures yes eight o, No way in hell would I have that many if they were only online...shipping is the big kill factor!

But getting back to topic....Fearless Forces. Good luck with the concept, just seems more like an impulse buy for a Mom or Dad while in target to keep the kid quite.

digger

FF

Post by digger » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:52 am

I am fine with this. Kids are the future of the hobby, and frankly $8 Joes don't always cut it. Besides, these guys look like Joe custom goldmine. Some even have a type of RIA like the movie figs. Cool heads too.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Went to 3 targets today, unimax is really pushing these figures, at all 3 stores have 6 pegs full :roll:

The modern figures only have 2 pegs :(

And the 1/32 figures have one peg.