Unimax WW2 Series vs Modern Series

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

ww2 VS modern

WW2 Series
66%
Modern Series
34%

Total votes: 35

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Unimax WW2 Series vs Modern Series

Post by Stug45 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Seeing that unimax is no longer going to have the ww2 series at target, i made this poll to show L. Gatdula that they should keep the ww2 series at target. The ww2 series was always selling out i never saw peg warmers. The new modern figures are not selling at all. I really hope unimax changes their minds and keeps the ww2 line at target.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Poll

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi,
To my knowledge, Len is more involved with the marketing aspects of Panache's multiple lines/ brands, not sales. Besides, I'm sure this decision was mutually arrived at by both the Unimax sales staff and the toy buyer at Target. If they feel the line appeals more to kids, and the kids are more interested in modern stuff as opposed to WWII, then there isnt much a poll is going to do to change their minds. Not looking to bust your bubble, but sometimes you just cant change a play- and buying pattern, no matter how much you try...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Stug45

Re: Poll

Post by Stug45 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:42 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Hi,
To my knowledge, Len is more involved with the marketing aspects of Panache's multiple lines/ brands, not sales. Besides, I'm sure this decision was mutually arrived at by both the Unimax sales staff and the toy buyer at Target. If they feel the line appeals more to kids, and the kids are more interested in modern stuff as opposed to WWII, then there isnt much a poll is going to do to change their minds. Not looking to bust your bubble, but sometimes you just cant change a play- and buying pattern, no matter how much you try...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
I don't get it, the ww2 figures was always selling like crazy the modern figures didn't sell that good i always found pegs full the of modern line. I had to go to 5 targets to find the ww2 figures, i have friends that work at target and they said that when they put out the ww2 figures they sold out fast.

I'm not bashing the modern line i buy both lines, its just that if the ww2 line is selling like crazy why drop it?? i went to 3 targets this week and the new modern figures are not selling, when target had the ww2 figures the pegs were always empty, and there was always 1 peg half full with the modern line.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Poll

Post by Fritzkrieg » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:12 pm

lightning2000 wrote: Not looking to bust your bubble, but sometimes you just cant change a play- and buying pattern, no matter how much you try...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
A pole may not change anything, but saying nothing will certainly not change a thing.

I'm with Stug on this, the WWII figs sold-out fast. Not, that the modern stuff didn't sell well, but they certainly had a longer shelf-life than the WWII stuff. I'm not against Unimax introducing a quality 1:18 line to
e-tailers, but keep the cheep stuff on the shelves.

cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cornbreadfred » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Modern guys for me please. :D
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Can there be an option for both? :P

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm not so sure it is a question of the WWII selling like crazy and the Modern warming pegs. At the Target local to me, all the WWII did sell out but they never restocked beyond that initial case. The Modern, however, has been restocked at least twice now. They move fastest on the weekends as that is when most folks go shopping around here. Because of my schedule, I am able to go shopping whenever so I see how they move during the week as well. Another thing in favor of Modern in my area is the number of people here with relatives serving in the Middle East and the images of men and gear from that conflict are fresh in the minds of kids around here, and stuff like Transformers doesn't help as that shows more Modern to reinforce it.

But that's all just educated opinion pulled partly from Manhattan retail experience and partly from my butt.

I really should have bought all the Germans I could afford right when I spotted them, but I was using just cash-in-hand that day and decided to hold out for two in particular and never got the restock I hoped was coming. I did manage a panzershreck dude and a machinegunner to add to my collection of Bruno Bauer clones from the $1 Blowout Days at Wal-Mart. I don't care about the Modern as the most modern vehicle I own is the 21C Saberjet. That wouldn't really work with the Bravo Team (unless you're making a movie sequel entitled, "The Final Countdown 2: The Forgotten War.").