New GI Joe Night Ops Humvee

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Clutch
Private First Class
Private First Class

New GI Joe Night Ops Humvee

Post by Clutch » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:22 am

Not sure how many of you have seen this but it is sweet!!!

Big_Iron
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Big_Iron » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:06 am

I ordered one online this Morning....It looks pretty good. Their Jungle Strike and Desert Strike Humvees were pretty cool. This one should be no different.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:59 pm

I swa this on hasbro.com, they are pretty cool. Are they on pre-order right now, or are they available?

If they are available, where did you order your's from?
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:21 pm

Cool vehicle! Will they be available at TRU?

Clutch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Probably not available in stores

Post by Clutch » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 pm

I believe these are part of Hasbro's new "direct to consumer" line and will only be avaiable through their website and a few on-line retailers.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:19 pm

Thanks for the link Centone. I saw it a few days ago on pre-order. I am ordering one tommorow.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

digger

Cool

Post by digger » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:01 am

Damn that thing is the nicest of the 3 imo :P
With a little paint that will go great with the bbi Super Humvee. Very nice (although slightly over-scale it was decided or no?).

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:54 pm

digger:

Yes, I had bought myself a Jungle Strike Humvee for Christmas. Kind of liked it, but sold it off as it was just too over-scale for my tastes.

Even so, I ordered the Night Ops version today, 'cause it looks like it has a lot of interesting possibilities. If I don't care for it, I'll give it to my son or unload it.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:26 am

Has anyone got this yet? I am still waiting for mine.
General George S. Patton

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:08 pm

I had the original green camo Humvee too. Since it was a bit big i put it in a diorama being blown up. The smoke etc from the explosion hid the over-scaleness of it. Turned out to be quite an interesting piece. Causes me to pause and reflect from time to time, on what's going on in Iraq right now..

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:41 pm

BTW - Anyone see the new GI Joe Moray Hydrofoil at TRU? Its a remake of the old Cobra version and appears to be the best boat released by Hasbro for the GI Joe line in recent years. Even though I've told myself to pull away from the Joe line, this boat just looks too cool!

For anyone that has the older versions, does the thing float?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:10 pm

I'll go home tonight and throw mine in the pool :wink: . Seriously, I don't think it does. I have the vintage one and there are a bunch of holes in the bottom where the hyrdofoil parts connect to the hull. Unless she sits real high, I think she'll take on water. You could always just fill the hull with expanding foam.

Still, sounds like fun. Think my boat will be going swimming tonight.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:07 pm

Cast ahoy mate!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:35 pm

So the boat has holes in the bottom. Thats what I expected and nowhere on the box did it say it floats. Thats a shame as it looks darn good and would look cool zipping around in the pool! This version is colored well and has lots of playability, but given that it sells for $40, I think I'll pass in favor of saving my money for some of the much cooler 1:18 products due at the end of the month!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:25 pm

Well, you learn something new everyday. Put my hydrofoil out in the pool, and the dang thing floats! Now, it was 11:00 at night, so my pool was nice and calm, and I had no figures in the boat, but it managed to stay out of the water enough (just barely) that no water got in. I'm really surprised, though. I thought it would be too heavy, and it did better than the PTE boat I have (that thing takes on water like crazy, and doesn't respond well to the wife bombarding it with pool toys).

I wouldn't be surprised if it retails for $30, and in that case I would pick it up. Now I just need to get to the weekend to get it some more pool time!

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:35 pm

If I recall, the original hydrofoil did have styrofoam blocks in it to make it float. I played with mine in the swimming pool alot when I was a kid. It usually fought my GI Joe SHARC airplane/submarine thing. Ah, good times. :)

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:43 pm

Has anyone got theirs yet and if so can we have a review and some pictures?
General George S. Patton

ExtnsvEnterprise
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ExtnsvEnterprise » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:05 am

wise690 wrote:Has anyone got theirs yet and if so can we have a review and some pictures?
No one's got one yet. They're not shipping until the 15th of this month...then I'm sure you'll see a bevy of reviews from the likes of Joecustoms.com, JoeBattleLines.com and ToyNewsInternational.
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people...

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:23 am

Thanks for your help ExtnsvEnterprise. I was searching through g.i. joe forums and could'nt find anything about a release date so I assumed it was out.
General George S. Patton

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:48 am

Wow! This thing is cool for being a G.I.JOE toy!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:12 pm

Received mine on Friday. It's a keeper. A bit toyish, for sure, but different enough from my other three humvees to be interesting, and just "realistic" enough for my tastes to acceptable. Anyone else received theirs yet? What to you think about it?

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:30 pm

Got mine the other day, and must say I'm pleasantly surprised! At first I thought it was going to be underscaled because the box is so small, but after sitting it next to the bbi Super Humvee, they're the same size.

It comes with a lot of accessories, too; a pack of gas cans, 2 ammo boxes, a shovel and some sort of hammer, I think, an extra mounted machine gun (with a spot for it in the rear), and it also has an opening hood to reveal the engine which was a nice touch. The driver is a nice figure, too, looks like he could stand in for a SWAT commander or something.

Anyway I'd definitely recommend it, for $15 you can't go wrong :)

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:18 pm

It is much better than the other 2 which had only a few accessories. This one has tons. I like how hasbro also added a mount to the top machine gun to make it sit higher, looks much better. The ammo boxes are also very cool.
General George S. Patton