Mad as Hell at Small Joes

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:17 am

Based upon all the positive comments, it seems I was correct in my reply to Small Joes - I am the ignorant customer!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by dandaman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am

flayrah wrote:Based upon all the positive comments, it seems I was correct in my reply to Small Joes - I am the ignorant customer!
Uh...er...go SmallJoes!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:04 am

Bryce wrote: Yeah I think its fair, to advertise a sale and then welch out of it, thats fair.
At no time have I advertised a "sale" on this product. This is the second time you are caught making a mis-statement.

I did advertise a recommendation that people lock in the pre-order pricing now, and that advice stands. (Those that locked in $37.99 pricing on the Defense set, with the exception of three abusers, still have it locked in. No one has 'welched' on them.) The price on these is likely to go up yet again when they come into stock next week, and/or the individual Defense sets may be completely removed from sale, as needed, to facilitate roughly even sell-down of this assortment.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Bryce
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:21 am

coreystinson wrote:
Bryce wrote: Yeah I think its fair, to advertise a sale and then welch out of it, thats fair.
At no time have I advertised a "sale" on this product. This is the second time you are caught making a mis-statement.

I did advertise a recommendation that people lock in the pre-order pricing now, and that advice stands. (Those that locked in $37.99 pricing on the Defense set, with the exception of three abusers, still have it locked in. No one has 'welched' on them.) The price on these is likely to go up yet again when they come into stock next week, and/or the individual Defense sets may be completely removed from sale, as needed, to facilitate roughly even sell-down of this assortment.
Here is what it says in the e-mail

We are offering a "special pre-order pricing" on these sets.

Now how am I "mis-stating" what you said?

I didnt say "special" when I should have said "sale", I didnt say "sale" when I should have said "special"?

Im so embarrased.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:28 am

Bryce wrote: Now how am I "mis-stating" what you said?
You are mis-stating what I said by using words other than what I used. If I was placing merchandise on sale, I would have stated that it was on sale. I occasionally offer sales, clearance sales, and the like. They are clearly stated us such in our mailings. Nothing related to the Cobra Island sets is on sale. The pre-order phase of this product offering has pricing and/or selection that will not be available later. Nothing has changed. I regret that you have misunderstood this.
Corey Stinson

Bryce
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bryce » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:50 am

coreystinson wrote:
Bryce wrote: Now how am I "mis-stating" what you said?
You are mis-stating what I said by using words other than what I used. If I was placing merchandise on sale, I would have stated that it was on sale. I occasionally offer sales, clearance sales, and the like. They are clearly stated us such in our mailings. Nothing related to the Cobra Island sets is on sale. The pre-order phase of this product offering has pricing and/or selection that will not be available later. Nothing has changed. I regret that you have misunderstood this.
You want to play these God Damned little word games and hope nobody notices your "mis-direction".

The e-mail says you are having a "SPECIAL" for preordering these sets. I guess you think if you play with semantics its as if you can get out of saying that.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 am

Bryce wrote:You want to play these God Damned little word games and hope nobody notices your "mis-direction".
Hey bro, let's not have a meltdown. You need to get in touch with the inner you, the inner you that recognizes that your ire over this situation is ultimately due to the fact that you can't get a bunch of Cobra sets at the same price as the GI JOE set, and that this occurred because Hasbro chose to pack out this case assortment other than to consumers' desires. You can't ask us to take a major financial loss because of Hasbro's decision, you need to be realistic.
Corey Stinson

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 pm

I have always had good dealings with SmallJoes.

I would like to know exactly why the three "abusers" had there order cancelled. I think that would clear up the misunderstanding here. If three people were trying to clear these out and "hoard", "scalp" or otherwise renamed as "army building" a product that they knew would be worth a few dollars more than what they paid then I am glad the order got cancelled.

As far as this set goes I guess they would make good doggy chew toys just not my thing, but don't drag Corey through the mud because you were exceeding the limit on a product.

As far as the poly bagged pilot goes it is one of the better deals on the site as long as you can come up with your own headgear.

Rock on Corey I will still buy from you.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 pm

ok, this thread has definitely run its course. Any further discussion can take place in pm or email.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...