What's the deal with Skyworks?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

What's the deal with Skyworks?

Post by cornbreadfred » Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

I see a few guys are not happy with Skyworks models. I was thinking of getting one of their Hurricane models, but now I don't think I will. Have they always had such bad service?
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Mon May 25, 2009 10:23 pm

From what I have read, I wouldnt have anything to do with that bunch of crooks. A long time ago, they had a reputation for making fine, albeit expensive models. Now, all I have heard is bad customer service, shady dealings and rising prices. Possibly even theft. I wouldnt trust them at all! That is my humble opinion, but it is based on what I have read from trusted members of this forum.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue May 26, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm locking this for now until we can get this all sorted out.

I'm having conflicting reports about all this going on. For now, until I can decide what the next course of action will be (and me NOT wanting to be in the middle of this battle) I'm locking this.

I'm staying neutral in this mess going on. If you have concerns about buying from Skyworks, please contact Skyworks. If you want to contact pickelhaube about your concerns, you're more than welcome to do that as well.