JSI also set to produce 1:18 F-15 Eagle and SU-27 Flanker?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 am

I'm with you Aferg!
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Tue May 12, 2009 6:35 am

Agreed. I ain't counting my chickens until they are out of the box and assembled on my kitchen table.

Until then I shall remain guardedly optimistic.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:48 am

This is very good news if they actually make them.

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Tue May 12, 2009 7:17 am

Just give Panther his Thud and we'll be all good :wink:

We're hearing that interest in 1/18th is waning - but if indicators are weak, I have to believe it's a result of the vapor squadron of unrealized models out there. I totally agree with a lot of people in this thread - I can't get too pumped about models that might fail to come to market :?
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed May 13, 2009 12:32 am

I don't think this has been posted yet, there are so many JSI threads I'm getting lost...

By chance, I saw this on Birddog's link in his first post here: viewtopic.php?t=16703

and these look like the first official pictures of the F-15 and SU-27:
http://www.militarytoyshop.com/product. ... &PT_ID=239

http://www.militarytoyshop.com/product. ... &PT_ID=239

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed May 13, 2009 12:42 am

Not a fan of the F-15 color scheme or the plane in general, but that Flanker looks ver niceh :D

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:21 am

I was hoping for a single seat flanker
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:37 am

I always wanted an F-15 in Israeli colors so thats a must have for me as is the Flanker!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed May 13, 2009 5:03 am

if JSI is hoping for sales success in 1/18 scale they better get their act together. A 2 seat trainer in chinese airforce markings and an israeli F-15 ain't gonna cut it.

With high price tags and limited space, most people will not buy these models.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Wed May 13, 2009 5:13 am

aferguson wrote:if JSI is hoping for sales success in 1/18 scale they better get their act together. A 2 seat trainer in chinese airforce markings and an israeli F-15 ain't gonna cut it.

I kinda have to agree with you on that. :wink:

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 am

SOLD!!!!!!!!!

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 am

What's up with the conformal fuel tanks on that JSI F-15? Does Israel fly the Strike Eagle? I thought they only had something like models A,B,C, or D.....not E

Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone else here a F-15 expert?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed May 13, 2009 5:36 am

This is cool. I'm definitely down for an F-15E. Even though they are showing an IDF scheme, I'm sure they will release a USAF scheme since they are breaking into the US market. If for some odd reason they don't, I'll still get one and put a USAF scheme on it myself.

The SU-27 is sweet looking as well. Hopefully it will be a single seater but that won't hold me back from picking one up.

Very positive news for my hopes of seeing an A-10 in 1/18..... :D .
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Wed May 13, 2009 5:37 am

aferguson wrote:if JSI is hoping for sales success in 1/18 scale they better get their act together. A 2 seat trainer in chinese airforce markings and an israeli F-15 ain't gonna cut it.

Although I understand where you're coming from I think we need to put things into perspective a bit. It wasn't that long ago when the idea of a 1/18 scale F-14, F-15, SU-27, etc was not even a pipe dream. If JSI actually produces these planes I think we are starting to split hairs when we complain about paint schemes. There are paint schemes I would prefer to have as well but that will never stand in the way of me buying them. Lets be honest, with the recent demise of 21st Century, this hobby looked as though it was in a shallow dive until JSI stepped up to the plate. JSI must watch these boards because all three of the modern jets they are releasing have been at the forefront of peoples wish lists for quite some time, rivaled only by the A-10. I just don't want to scare them away from building such awesome pieces just because we don't like the paint scheme.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed May 13, 2009 5:41 am

Here are some pictures of an IDF F-15I that may answer some questions about the fuel tanks:

Here's a link from Boeing:

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/199 ... 0912n.html
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed May 13, 2009 5:47 am

Here's a link with even better pictures and information:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/ ... F-15I.html
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed May 13, 2009 6:02 am

two seat trainers are not 'splitting hairs'.

I know what JSI is doing and it's going to bite them in the ass. By making less desirable versions first they figure all the 1/18 starved collectors will buy one and then they will release the hot versions later and sell a ton more. Right? Wrong.

That might work in 1/72 scale or 1/48 but not in 1/18. These things are expensive and they are huge. I'm not going to waste money and precious space on a 2 seat trainer Su-27.

If it was just the paint scheme i'd think about it but would probably wait for a russian scheme to come out. If it didn't then i'd go back and get a plaaf one (because there would be plenty around still) and repaint it myself. But if i'm forking out $250 (with shipping) or so i really think i should be able to get a scheme i like and not have to settle for something i don't.

And no, the IDF does not have strike eagles, at least they didn't in '69. That F-15 is a 2 seat trainer as well.

A bad choice on first release will mean poor sales and may kill the line before it has a chance to get rolling. At that is something we should all be concerned about.

Same thing happened with 21c. Poor S1 schemes hurt them repeatedly and they probably lost the WM deal in large part to tons of unsold planes clogging shelves. Atlantic avenger vs. Pacific Avenger, being a prime example. They should also have sent the hot schemes to WM. Pappy Corsair, Witman tiger etc. Things that more people will recognize and be interested in buying.

The 88 was another gaff (and their last). S1 DAK. Mistake. I bought one. I would have purchased 4 dark greys. I ended up buying 2 more DAKs when MD blew them out at $30. Multiply my story by a few hundreds of other people and you get weak sales. At a time 21c really needed a home run to have any chance of survival they released the 88 in DAK and it was a bunt single...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed May 13, 2009 6:39 am

aferguson wrote:
And no, the IDF does not have strike eagles, at least they didn't in '69. That F-15 is a 2 seat trainer as well.
Did you see the links that I posted above? JSI's labeling of their F-15 is correct. The F-15I isn't a trainer in the IDF.

You're right, the IDF doesn't have "Strike Eagles", but the F-15I is the same platform with the same purpose for the IDF as the F-15E in the USAF (Strike Eagles).

I would rather see a USAF paint scheme, but I do want the E model platform.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Wed May 13, 2009 6:52 am

aferguson wrote:two seat trainers are not 'splitting hairs'.

I know what JSI is doing and it's going to bite them in the ass. By making less desirable versions first they figure all the 1/18 starved collectors will buy one and then they will release the hot versions later and sell a ton more. Right? Wrong.

That might work in 1/72 scale or 1/48 but not in 1/18. These things are expensive and they are huge. I'm not going to waste money and precious space on a 2 seat trainer Su-27.

If it was just the paint scheme i'd think about it but would probably wait for a russian scheme to come out. If it didn't then i'd go back and get a plaaf one (because there would be plenty around still) and repaint it myself. But if i'm forking out $250 (with shipping) or so i really think i should be able to get a scheme i like and not have to settle for something i don't.

A bad choice on first release will mean poor sales and may kill the line before it has a chance to get rolling. At that is something we should all be concerned about.

Same thing happened with 21c. Poor S1 schemes hurt them repeatedly and they probably lost the WM deal in large part to tons of unsold planes clogging shelves. Atlantic avenger vs. Pacific Avenger, being a prime example. They should also have sent the hot schemes to WM. Pappy Corsair, Witman tiger etc. Things that more people will recognize and be interested in buying.

The 88 was another gaff (and their last). S1 DAK. Mistake. I bought one. I would have purchased 4 dark greys. I ended up buying 2 more DAKs when MD blew them out at $30. Multiply my story by a few hundreds of other people and you get weak sales. At a time 21c really needed a home run to have any chance of survival they released the 88 in DAK and it was a bunt single...
To clarify, I never said being bummed out about the release of a two seat trainer was splitting hairs. I was concerned about people not buying such an ambitious offering as a 1/18 scale F-15, which nearly everyone on this board has been dreaming about for as long as I have been here solely based upon a S1 paint scheme. As far as the SU-27 is concerned I completely understand where you are coming from and it is a matter of personal taste. Personally, I will pick up the SU-27 regardless of the version they offer, but that's just me. It's just way to cool of a bird to pass up. You raise great points in regards to 21st Century releases but the first time I saw 1/18 scale warbirds on the shelves at TRU I was blown away. I immediately bought the two planes with no regard to the paint schemes. I was just amazed someone built warbirds in that scale. And again, that's just me and I understand there are far pickier people out there. That's the beauty of this board, we all get to voice our opinions in a manner that is readily accessible by the manufacturers themselves. They can get a good grasp of what we want from this hobby and it seems to be working fairly well. In the end, we will have to wait and see for sure what paint schemes JSI releases. They have already changed the scheme for the P-38 and they could just as easily change any of the paint schemes for the three modern jets as well. Lets just hope they release them.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Wed May 13, 2009 7:28 am

I'm sure an Israeli F-15 won't be as popular as a first release, but I'm a big fan of the IDFAF and will definitely buy it and, being a "China hand," will also go for the PLAAF Flanker, without doubt. Pairing it with a Zero will make a nice, ironic display.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

ALL 3 !

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed May 13, 2009 7:32 am

I will pick up all Three models ! the F 15 E was on my wish list the ISRAELI version is even more intersting because it's an upgrade of the USAF one ! so you can repaint it in dark grey if you wish !

I think i will drill some hooks in the wall and hang them vertically ! i am out of shelves places !!!!!!!!!

Philippe
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Wed May 13, 2009 7:41 am

I am all over that Strike Eagle, even if it is in IDF colors. Hell, if necessary I'll repaint that sucker to USAF myself.
The Shenyang I'll buy too, partly just because it exists, and mostly because it's still a sexy beast of an airplane. I'd rather a single seater, but I just can't pass on another FRIGGIN' HUGE 1/18 JET.
One thing to note, however, and my apologies to the manufacturers if necessary: I will not be purchasing multiple repaints of the same plane, especially at $200+ a pop.

I'd rather be able to eat and have electricity.
:wink:

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:50 am

I'll pass on the Israeli f-15...I was hoping for a USAF 4th TFW F-15E.

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 am

agreed - the sting of the almost awesome is hard to ignore - can we antipre-order, almost as a "no" vote? :wink:
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

NEXT STEP / THE DASSAULT RAFALE + EUROFIGHTER + F 22 !

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 am

NEXT STEP / THE DASSAULT RAFALE + EUROFIGHTER + F 22 ! 8)
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?