BBI Paratroops with Working Parachutes

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
panzerschiff
Private First Class
Private First Class

BBI Paratroops with Working Parachutes

Post by panzerschiff » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:16 am

Another email from BBI for everybody. Haven't heard from the BBI fan club in years... Then random Emails. Very strange.

On The working chutes, it could go two ways.
I'm hoping it will be nice Like the working cloth parachute on their 1:6 Halo jumper. But at that price I was not about to try it out

Now we will need a C-47. I'm sure I can make the room for one. I'll just move into the garage

bbi Hot News - 21477-82 US Paratroopers

Dear bbi Members,
There has been lots of activity and anniversaries lately for many of the events that occurred during WWII, with many of these involving the US Airborne Divisions such as the 82nd and 101st.
So here at bbi we thought it time to offer something a little different in our line up of 1:18 scale Elite Force figures.

So here it comes....the Elite Force 1:18 scale Paratrooper.

Now these are not just ordinary 1:18 scale figures that represent paratroopers....no Sir....these are figures that actually have a working parachute!

Our line up represents a range of individual offerings from the famous 82nd and 101st Divisions with each one finely sculpted and detailed.
These guys are just loaded with so many accessories that we won't even try to list them here.

The best thing to do is to go get one and take a look for yourself.
There on the way right now and just like the original 82nd and 101st they will landing real soon.

So what are you waiting for?

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

we need new pics

Post by 75th Ranger » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:15 am

we need new pics of these figures!

and for them to be on stores soon!

HOOAH!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:26 pm

i'm not much into WWII, but i might just get these for the chutes, since 1:18 chutes are hard to come by.
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:31 pm

these figures are available for preorder at Badcat.

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:18 pm

I'm planning to get these. Tempted by the Bad Cat preorder, which works out to $7.99 each. But shouldn't we expect that TRU will carry them, at $4.99?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:06 am

So, having seen these thanks to being pointed in the right direction, I'm a bit bummed.

I love their gear though, their sculpts are fantastic as always is the case with BBI, but to say that non-removable harnesses and vests is a disappointment, well that would be an understatement. :( I'm hoping BBI does some airborne that are ready to fight as well... Chuteless and perhaps slightly less.

I'm thinking these will come in at a higher pricepoint than $4.99 should they hit TRU, but who knows.

They are really a neat idea, just wish the life vests and chute harness/straps were all removable. Make a great set of army building figures for D-Day dioramas.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

paras

Post by digger » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:45 am

I agree with the outlaw on everything he said from the freakin vests and harnesses, to the price point, and the need for some "battle ready" which hopefully will be S2 but I doubt it - the legs even have harness molded on :shock: :evil:

As said the gear is sweet and a set will be mine - oh yes, they will be - but I hate paying the premium for the chute, etc....and can only hope they do their Rangers or Infantry as well so we can "army build." :P

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:59 am

Do I see a mortar in the back ground :?: if they still have thier chutes on why would they have a mortar position ready to rock :?:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:05 am

yes a 60mm mortar is one of the accessories. Not sure why they chose to make the harnesses molded on. Would have been pretty easy to have removable ones, even Chap Mei can do that.

The higher price point is no doubt due to the chutes which require bigger packaging. I would expect these to be $6.99 or so at TRU.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:13 pm

They would go well with a C-47, just like the two jump ready Paras that 21st C did. The chute idea is cool, but with the troopers not battle ready makes them less than needed. I do agree with others about the jump gear molded on. It is like bbi doesn't like to take risks, with them making P-51, Sherman, and Corsair. It is like they are using 21st C as market research, but they must have lost the data on the paratroopers. I think the two 21st C jump gear paras, Krieger and Ruppert sold the worst. I hope they don't can the line if they don't sell, because I think they are not going to do as well as they plan on.
momaw nadon

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:25 pm

I bought several Ruperts and Kriegers, planning for the day i had a C-47 and Ju-52. Since my C-47 is on the way, i'm half way home. But i would imagine they sold the worst because there isn't a lot you can do with them, other than put them in a C-47 or Ju-52, so i don't know what BBI was thinking about when they made them this way. A removable harness, though a bit bulkier, was clearly the way to go here..

Actually, i've decided i need a couple of more Rupperts to jam in my C-47. :)

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:21 pm

I bought a few myself. I don't think we will get a C-47 or Ju-52 anytime soon. I was thinking of making a section with door way dio for my troops to jump from for the time being. I might need to start soon with the bbi figures.
momaw nadon

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:39 pm

what I did with my jump ready fallshirjaeger was cut off all straps and harness molded on and re painted splinter camo to match my other combat ready troops, had an idea to just use a dragon fabric poncho but that didn't seem like it would look as good.

digger

Post by digger » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:26 am

I'm biased as a figure guy but is there any way we can make this sticky at least until some more recon? It got pushed down by personal posts or specific questions (nothing wrong with that) but then we get the multiple threads and one gets locked.

Btw, there are 4 Starfighter threads... :? ....One even called "Official Starfighter Thread" and then there have been 3 more since :roll:

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Wonder how many Avenger and Zero threads we've got going?

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:45 pm

mediump wrote:what I did with my jump ready fallshirjaeger was cut off all straps and harness molded on and re painted splinter camo to match my other combat ready troops, had an idea to just use a dragon fabric poncho but that didn't seem like it would look as good.
You can see my custom fallschirmjaeger in picture 101 (close up of the two) he is the one on the right and is actually unfinished...his belt is unpainted, and I have now added a little gear to him..like I said I have lots now and can't wait to make more pics

thanks again guys :D

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:47 pm

sorry meant to post on "xd on display"