BBI Kiowa helo????

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

BBI Kiowa helo????

Post by tderespino » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:41 am

Hey guys,,, sorry if this was covered before,,I just opened my Kiowa and was surprised to see the passanger compartment does not open!!

Has anyone tried to cut the doors open??

tomd

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

?

Post by Folkwulfe » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:54 am

I have the Kiowa too...but I'm almost certain the passenger door does open. It's habging in my office, but I'll check as soon as I get there in a couple of hours and post an answer.
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

stupid is as stupid does

Post by tderespino » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:10 am

well it took 2 hours with a micro-mark scoring tool and xacto knife but I cut the right side door off,,,jeeze!! now I will have to make a custom interior...just what I need,, another project....td

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

OK...

Post by Folkwulfe » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:47 pm

My bad! Here I thought you were refering to the left side front door (passenger)...not the aft passenger compartment. OOpss! Or should that be DUH!

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

no problem

Post by tderespino » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:05 pm

no worries Folkwulfe,,, in looking at some picks I don't think the bird carried a crew,,,,I am going to convert the helo to a Bell jet ranger special Black ops,,,I have some custom figures just looking for a ride.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:18 pm

The Warrior (the version of the bbi one) only would have a pilot and copilot. As for what would be in the passanger section is computer equipment. Which houses one of the best night and bad weather systems of any aircraft. I wish they would have had the doors open also with that equipment behide. With that Kiowa could have had many custom potential, but it is still a great piece and one of my favorite Helicopters. I would like to see your custom when done.
momaw nadon

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Available

Post by OnWu » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:47 pm

It looks like several of the online retailers have them in stock now.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:00 pm

Yes, definitely post pics when you can of the custom helo.
Todd

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Custom?

Post by Folkwulfe » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:29 pm

OOOooooo....custom Kiowa!!!! No Folk! No Folk!....the work bench is overrun already dude. Drink another Corona and settle in for the long haul!!! Still.... a custom Bell 407 airambulance?!?!?!?

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

ok,,,pics comming

Post by tderespino » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:04 am

well I cut off the left side door and it looks pretty good,,,I need to add a rear bench seat and re-do the pilot/copilot seats,,,I will post some in progress picks tonight,,,eastern time.....td

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Kiowa Available

Post by digger » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:45 pm

OnWu wrote:It looks like several of the online retailers have them in stock now.
I wonder how they are going to move those - they have been at TRU for 6 months!! And at $20!! They even had a run on Amazon for a while at that price. :shock:
I saw a bunch on the tru shelf the other day and was wondering how the small retailers were swindled into taking orders for this bird when they were to get it half a year later and be forced to sell it at 50% more than retail :? I can't believe BCA had the onions to make that the "Latest Bad Cat News" on their site :roll: You may want to keep that one a secret. :wink:

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Outside of the box

Post by OnWu » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Digger wrote:
I can't believe BCA had the onions to make that the "Latest Bad Cat News" on their site You may want to keep that one a secret.
Oh contrare diggare, the motivation has more to do with lettuce than onions. BC aggressively services foreign markets untouched by TRU. You can bet your boots that the Euros, Aussies, and Japanese are scooping these up now that they are readily available.

digger

Re: Outside of the box

Post by digger » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:59 am

OnWu wrote: BC aggressively services foreign markets untouched by TRU. You can bet your boots that the Euros, Aussies, and Japanese are scooping these up now that they are readily available.
Good point :oops: - I forgot how many overseas collectors rely on Rob and them. I guess that's why online retailers still all carry XD even when it is sold so cheap at WM - b/c they have a global clientele they can milk when they're done with us.

I kinda wish BCA and others would "aggressively service" North America a little more - I'm still sore from paying $30 for Priority and getting FedEx ground :roll:

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

lucky - kiowa hunting

Post by supersonicfifi » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:49 am

:shock: hi evry body , and hi digger ! i've read that at TRU near your place you could have acces to a 1:18 kiowa for less than 20 dollars ???? i was effectively about to buy one from some web retailers (in europe we don't have that much distribution !!!!) i could be intersted in buying one from you ! :wink: you are very lucky to go hunting (and sometimes have some luck with somme specials offers at TRU or WM discounts .... we are obliged to use internet over here !!!)