1/18 Pavehawk Custom Mods

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey Picklehaube,
Is this project going to come to fruition or what? I'm about to make some RC investments if this isn't going to happen.
Phil
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:18 pm

pcoughran wrote:Hey Picklehaube,
Is this project going to come to fruition or what? I'm about to make some RC investments if this isn't going to happen.
Phil
Hello Phil,

Yes absolutely. Before the Monkey hit the fan there were over 10 guys who were interested in this project. When it splatered the interest dropped to 2 or 3 guys. During the fall out , I took time to finish the flak gun prototype and get halfway through the M-10 proto. Now that things have slowed down people are not so worried about what others' bargains were had.

The prototypes are done for this project. It takes about 2-3 days to make the RTV molds. I was going to finish some more proto types to let collectors regain there funds before I go into production.

I have already put over a week's worth of work into makeing these protos. That was a full week invested with no pay off as of yet. So if I go ahead and make the molds (another 2 or 3 days) and cast another 2 days I would have put in 2 weeks on this project with just 2 or 3 sales. Believe me I want to push this through.

Is anbody else ready for this project to continue ? By all means let us know. Matt at Foxhole Toys and me.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:48 pm

PH,
I completely understand. I just wanted to get it "bumped" back up to guage interest again.
Phil

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:29 pm

I've been ready and still am since this project started..... :wink: :D :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Phaid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Phaid » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Is anbody else ready for this project to continue ? By all means let us know. Matt at Foxhole Toys and me.

Yes, please!

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:59 am

Still waiting for a set here.
Best,
-Paul

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I will take a full set whenever they become available.

:D
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by alf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Picklehaube, you can count me in too.

HardenSteel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by HardenSteel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm in.

HD

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Did some people bail at the prospect of the cost being more than the helicopter itself?
Best,
-Paul

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm

paulpratt wrote:Did some people bail at the prospect of the cost being more than the helicopter itself?
I am not sure. Either that or the Monkey. It looks like the interest is starting to come back on this project.

I was originally planing to paint these parts but I am now thinking of casting them in either grey or black resin. This will cut down on the labor , making the parts that more cheaper.

I am still on the fence about making the open window frames. I originaly wanted to just make the parts. Heck I was just supposed to make the fuel probe and this thing grew and grew.

I need another 2 or 3 days on the M-10 project and it could be mold making time. The Flak 38 prototype is done and when the M-10 is done I might as well start making molds for all of these projects.

Let me know about the windows and using the colored resin. If there is enough interest in the windows I may just do them.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:14 am

I am still in. Absolutely.

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:57 am

I'd take a set of window-border-frame-thingys. I would prefer they only come in a solid color. No paint. That gives us the ability to customize our own and cuts down on costs. Greater flexibility for less money is a win.
Best,
-Paul

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your terrific patience! Matthew has been hard at work (as we all can see) and things are coming along nicely. That said, we hope to have photos of the actual Pave Hawk custom items up soon at Foxhole Toys. As these items are custom made products, we will most likely offer these on a "Special Order" basis. This will help to eliminate unnecessary expenses and keep production costs to a minimum.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact Foxhole Toys or Matthew. :)

Best regards and long live 1:18!!!!

Matt
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Foxhole Toys

Post by flpickupman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Matt,

Will there be a special category on your website for custom kits ?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi flpickupman!

Great question! We hope to work with many of Matthew's future projects and if we do there will definitely be a "customs" section. Until then, we will place this particular custom next to the BBI Pave Hawk for easy location.

Thank you for asking,
Matt
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Excellent. Thank you very much for your reply. :D

Regards,

Scott
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Count me in for the window frames as well... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:52 am

Hey Guys,

It has been a while since this project has been updated.

I was trying to get my M-10 done then start making molds and pouring.

That was my intention. Well my regular work finally came through and I have been busy for almost 3 weeks !!! This is a very good thing. I have done more jobs ( I am in the granite business) in the past 3 weeks than I have done in the past 4 months :?

Believe me when I tell you that customizing XD does not pay the bills. So when my regular work hits I am there. Anyway. The rush is almost done and I will be back on the XD projests next week. I still will like to finish the M-10 before I start pouring for the Pavehawk project. I would say I need another 3 full days to finish the M-10.

Then I will have the masters done for the :

Pavehawk
Flak 38 quad
M-10.

These are some major projects that a lot of guys have been waiting for. There have been several guys who have already pre-paid me for some or all of these and I have been in contact with them and they know the score. So I thought that I will tell everybody who is interested in them.

So , next week the M-10 WILL BE DONE .

THE PAVEHAWK PROJECT MOLDS AND POURS WILL BE STARTED AND THE PRODUCTION PRODUCTS WILL HOPEFULLY BE READY BY NEXT FRIDAY.

AFTER THAT I WILL POUR THE FLAK GUN.

Thanks for everybody hanging in there and giving the support at these trying times.

Matthew

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:24 am

OK Guys,

I am getting close on finishing the M-10 prototype.

I will order the black resin for the parts for the Pavehawk. When it comes in I should be ready to mold and cast. I am going to cast everything that I have made for this project in BLACK.

Are there anybody out there who wants them in GRAY ?

Also the fueling probe. I tride to make some detail with the hydrolic line and the clamping rings but this detail WILL NOT CAST. So I plan to make it slick . I can put a few SIMPLE details like mounts stubs to give it some detail or are you guys Ok with it slick ?

Let me know because once the boom is cast that is it. :wink:

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:57 am

I would say, at this point, get the project done and try to deliver it for as low of a cost as you can muster. I think this may become one of your most demanded customs, especially once all of us lesser members flee over to the Joe forums and share our completed projects with the huddled masses.
Best,
-Paul

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:10 pm

I like the gray myself, but at this point just "Get er done."
Build it and we will come.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:29 am

The black resin has been ordered. I just got a little bit of it to experiment.

The last time I got some other type of resin it was a major failer. If it does not work I will have to paint it black (or Gray). That will determine the bottom line on the price. It should be in on Monday , I hope.
Today I hope to finish my other project and start molding of the Pave parts.

There was no feedback on the probe so I will do it slick and simple.

Either Fri or Sat the molding will start. I will do a few test pieces in white resin. So hopefully I will have those test samples ready to post this weekend.

PCR,
When I cast with the white resin it does not take a good pic. So I will shoot it with gray primer to see the details. The idea behind the black resin is a turn key deal. So all the buyer has to do is stick them on there helo. This appeals to the average collector who wanys a turn key product. Maybe we can have a few options white , black or grey and have seperate prices for each ?

Matthew

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Mould casting will start on Friday. :D :D :D

The plan is to do all of the parts in black as stated before.

Are there a few guys out there who would take these in white resin? The cost would be a tad cheaper.

I think :roll:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:15 pm

The mould making has started. The parts are small but some of these pieces are some of the most difficult that I have ever tried to mould. Hopefully when everything is done it will not be that difficult to cast.

As tated before everything will be cast in black except the fuel boom. I will be casting the strut end and the point as well as the ring that goes in the middel of the boom. The main tube of the boom will be made out of stock stryreen. Then it will be painted black. This will be the easiest way to produce this I feel.