21C at other retailers

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

21C at other retailers

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

I just noticed that Foxhole toys says all 21C items have been discontinued and MTS has no listings for any 21C items???
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

This has to be a sign that 21st is done.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 pm

This is the end my friends :(

phil

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Bummer.............. :(
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:43 pm

i love this stuff this sucks. well Pickel will keep it running
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:59 pm

ouch...not looking good for the home team....best "t'git em while the gittins good."
I am searching the web for any of the "wish I had that 21st C...that I missed list"
Future prices (after the MD orgy) are bound to go up.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm

I must say that I have a whole different attitude toward 21C items these days than I did 2 or 3 years ago, when they were spilling off the shelves at WalMart. Now I'm picking up a lot of pieces that I turned my nose up at back then (such as the Chinese striped Mig-15, for instance).

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Makes me now really want to take care of and hang on to what I have. Sure was fun while it lasted. I never was really in the position to be spending what I did on all this stuff, but it certainly turned out to be one of those one shot deals.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Stug45 wrote:This has to be a sign that 21st is done.
This is all nothing new compared to what we were discussing a week ago. As I said then, 21st Century was obviously dumping their AZ warehouse inventory through Monkey Depot. Now it is gone, and 21st Century is cleaned out. The only retailers left with inventory are those who have maintained their own inventory levels (such as us). But, once ours is gone, it's gone too.

Does this mean 21st Century is done forever? Only time will tell.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Tinman wrote:I must say that I have a whole different attitude toward 21C items these days than I did 2 or 3 years ago, when they were spilling off the shelves at WalMart. Now I'm picking up a lot of pieces that I turned my nose up at back then (such as the Chinese striped Mig-15, for instance).
You are probably not the only one. The psychology behind this is fascinating I think. It seems that everyone puts off buying until they think they can't get it it any more, then there is the proverbial "mad dash."
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 pm

I always thought that 21st would go on for much longer than they did, but if this is the last push it was fun and we got a very good selection of 1/18 items during that time span which I'm sure of all us will appreciate for years to come. Too bad the KT can't be among the cherished items.

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

1/18

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 am

Today I have taken around 80% of my 1/18 items to an off site storage facility to free up space around me. I sorta feel 1/18 is over for me and its been a big part of my life for the last 8 years. I will continue to troll for any future 1/18 items, but I am not in a hurry to buy anymore so the pressure is off. If there is any further 1/18 to come, it will have to compliment my 1/16 tanks (16 to date) and I am hoping HengLong keep producing tanks at a steady even rate, 2 new ones a year would be plenty for me. Just found series 3 of the Warriors of the World Romans, so busy buying these up to expand my collection, which while over 100 figures does not take up the space like 1/18. So other than a few WW11 books I expect to see this year which I collect in series, it should be fairly tame for me. Still monitor this site every day, as there has been so much useful information. Cheers for now, if you remember Kurt and his dog Rex (kurt's kamera korner), both made up names of course, they have now been pensioned off from the German army.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:46 am

It's been a fun ride. I'm anxious to get into 1:16 armor maybe later into the Summer when I've got fewer projects going on at home and work. There's still FOV and BBI alive, so I'm not weeping... I look at it as just one less thing to be addicted to, and planes were never my thing much anyway, so I'm not taking it too hard I guess. I'll miss the figures the most... 21st had the variety nobody else did unfortunately, and their figures truly rocked despite some flaws here and there.

I'm hopeful FOV may pick up the figure baton a bit, but only time is going to tell what they or BBI are willing to go forward with. 21st just seemed like the most likely to deliver different nationalities. :cry: Ah well, times change and so does the hobby.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:14 pm

hopfully the death bell hasnt rung yet!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:33 am

For whom does the bell toll? It tolls for thee. Farewell 21st Century. Requiet in Pace.

Call in the dogs boys. This hunt is over, might as well accept it.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Black_Dragon_One

Re: 1/18

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:45 am

ARMY GROUP 1 wrote:Today I have taken around 80% of my 1/18 items to an off site storage facility to free up space around me. I sorta feel 1/18 is over for me and its been a big part of my life for the last 8 years. I will continue to troll for any future 1/18 items, but I am not in a hurry to buy anymore so the pressure is off. If there is any further 1/18 to come, it will have to compliment my 1/16 tanks (16 to date) and I am hoping HengLong keep producing tanks at a steady even rate, 2 new ones a year would be plenty for me. Just found series 3 of the Warriors of the World Romans, so busy buying these up to expand my collection, which while over 100 figures does not take up the space like 1/18. So other than a few WW11 books I expect to see this year which I collect in series, it should be fairly tame for me. Still monitor this site every day, as there has been so much useful information. Cheers for now, if you remember Kurt and his dog Rex (kurt's kamera korner), both made up names of course, they have now been pensioned off from the German army.

how much is it costing you for storage?
whats up doc....

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:48 am

1:18 is the pinacle of collecting for me.
I used to think it was 1:6, but that's just too big to do anything aviation wise, my main interest.

So I'll keep what I have and wait for whatever slim pickens comes down the pipe.
Glad I started collecting 1:18 relatively early.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

storage

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:27 pm

As a matter of interest I am paying $80 Australian, say $50US a month for storing my 1/18 around 10 kilometers away. While this amount hurts the hip pocket, its worth it for my sanity as I can finally move my office chair and open my filing cabinets without first shifting 1/18 items out of the road. My office had no surface area that was not stacked with 1/18 and it was a depressing enviroment to work in. I also had to remove everything out into a bedroom, each time the auditor visited so all he saw was a normal office, which took 4 hours to remove and return it the same day. My wife was always horrified at these times, as it showed up how extensive my collection was.