Fountain Playsets On Sale at Bad Cat

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Fountain Playsets On Sale at Bad Cat

Post by Tinman » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:58 pm

If you don't have one, you might want to consider it. Goes well with everything from ancient to modern. I paid a lot for one on ebay a few years ago.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm

26.62 on sale? :shock: No way!

I have some of these fountain sets I would be willing to sell for way less than that price.

sent me a PM if you are interested!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:03 pm

That is somewhat close to the original price, so not too bad... Still, I got a couple at TRU back in the day for something like $4. At the time I was more interested in the German figure that came with the fountain than the fountain itself.

If someone is in need of one, I'd take Razor up on his offer!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm in need of a fountain set!
You have to love the mark up in the sets, which are then discounted to normal prices for their "sale."
Best,
-Paul

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah, the price is near its original price, however I got like 5 of them for $5 each at TRU... I had no idea it was worth much on the secondary market, as it was probably the lamest of the "playsets", which is saying a lot considering the bombed building was kind of lame too. The farm and farmhouse are both quite slick though.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:38 am

That is BC's private reserve price then. :wink:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:22 am

Jesse James wrote:Yeah, the price is near its original price, however I got like 5 of them for $5 each at TRU... I had no idea it was worth much on the secondary market, as it was probably the lamest of the "playsets", which is saying a lot considering the bombed building was kind of lame too. The farm and farmhouse are both quite slick though.
I like the fountain playset. I have cut the base in half and used it as a gun emplacement. Plus I have narrow shelves that I display my XD on, so the cut in half fountain sets fit great in that capacity.
Many of us are not adept at creating an environment for our XD to be displayed in. I have been collection since about 2001 and just now am am getting skilled enough to create my own terrain for dioramas. For younger collectors or people that want a quick way to set up a display - 21sC's playsets are the way to go.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 am

Razor17019 wrote:I like the fountain playset. I have cut the base in half and used it as a gun emplacement. Plus I have narrow shelves that I display my XD on, so the cut in half fountain sets fit great in that capacity.
Many of us are not adept at creating an environment for our XD to be displayed in. I have been collection since about 2001 and just now am am getting skilled enough to create my own terrain for dioramas. For younger collectors or people that want a quick way to set up a display - 21sC's playsets are the way to go.
I like it too. Remember the scene from "Enemy At The Gates" where Zaitsev and the NKVD guy are hiding under the mounds of Red Army corpses in the fountain while the German storm troops passing by are spraying sub machine gun fire into the bodies just to be sure...?? Great scene... anyway, I think the XD fountain would be ideal for something like that... now all we need is some XD Russians.... 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am

The cool thing about the fountain set is you can take it apart and use each piece for something completely different.
Try using some IJ Russian Commander with a different head and add some fur hats!
On somewhat serious note- has anyone tried to make the russian greatcoats and fur hats for their IJ Russians?
I tried, but really need a person that can sew. The few people in my family would laugh themselves silly if I said, "Now see this Russian fur hat? Can you make one to fit this guy's [holds IJ Russian up] head.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:30 am

I think all the playsets are great. I ended up getting each of them on ebay a few years ago.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:14 pm

I bought the fountain set cheap on ebay years ago. It's the least in demand as far as the 21st playsets or structures.

I also won the complete building series plus a German Halftrack and all the German paratroopers, some Americans with all accessories in a whole loose lot, for somewhere around $140+ shipping on ebay a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't have been able to get each building for that and all the figures, vehicles if they were in their packaging.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am

Yeah, anyone that needs an extra fountain set should let me know. I'm pretty sure I've got about 20 to 30 of them loose in a box somewhere that I picked up from TRU for $1 each just for the figures.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:52 pm

Razor17019 wrote:The cool thing about the fountain set is you can take it apart and use each piece for something completely different.
Try using some IJ Russian Commander with a different head and add some fur hats!
On somewhat serious note- has anyone tried to make the russian greatcoats and fur hats for their IJ Russians?
I tried, but really need a person that can sew. The few people in my family would laugh themselves silly if I said, "Now see this Russian fur hat? Can you make one to fit this guy's [holds IJ Russian up] head.
Not sure how your casting skills are, but there are a couple GI Joes that have the Russian fur hat. Might be easier to cut it off the Joe's head and make copies than try to knit them.

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 pm

The "Golden Compass" series guards had fur hats. And they are about 1:18!
http://www.action-figure.com/modules.ph ... x&id=83568
Better pics-
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_120307a.htm
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"