Post Monkey Depot Deals Here

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Bf-109G-6 Messerschmitt "Seemann" Uffz. Georg Amon is up for $27.95

http://www.monkeydepot.com/21st_Century ... sx0055.htm
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

lots added!!!
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Lots and lots!!!

And lots! :D

Warhawks and Sabres and MiGs

Oh my!

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm

19.95 for a F-86, wowowowowowow!
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

jmd250
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jmd250 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Anybody else having trouble adding sabres to their cart??

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 pm

jmd250 wrote:Anybody else having trouble adding sabres to their cart??
Nope.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:49 pm

That's because Paul just bought up all of them so he can do a few custom squadrons :D

Seriously, though, the 3/4 ton Dodge is tempting, since I never got one the first time around (I got the 1-1/2 ton instead), but... ground space is becoming an issue, considering the other soon to arrive additions. Decisions, decisions, decisions... Now if it was a Jeep, no question!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 pm

FieroDude wrote:Seriously, though, the 3/4 ton Dodge is tempting, since I never got one the first time around
seriously, you should grab one, you'll kick yourself later if you pass on it, it's really nice and you can always keep it boxed in the attic until you get some extra groundspace.
Good Trader List

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Funny thing is, even if you factor in the shipping costs, the MD prices are still way cheaper than your average European etailer (excluding shipping).

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 pm

MUST RESIST SEEMAN Bf-109!!! MUST RESIST!!! :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 pm

King O' Fools wrote:Funny thing is, even if you factor in the shipping costs, the MD prices are still way cheaper than your average European etailer (excluding shipping).
That's true, but don't forget the Custom bonus :cry:

phil

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:08 pm

exether_mega wrote:
King O' Fools wrote:Funny thing is, even if you factor in the shipping costs, the MD prices are still way cheaper than your average European etailer (excluding shipping).
That's true, but don't forget the Custom bonus :cry:

phil
Customs, what's that? :lol:

Seriously, I haven't paid a single Euro in customs tariffs so far. Hopefully, that won't change.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:15 pm

From the Blammo FAQ (see the 21st comments):

BLAMMO Frequently Asked Questions

Look, this is a bit hard to say, as we value your business. HOWEVER, we are working super hard and getting multiple phone calls with the same questions which means we have to stop shipping to answer them. Please read this over before calling.

Has my order shipped? When will my order ship? etc:
We are running super crazy from this sale. We are all working overtime 7 days a week to get caught up. We are working as hard as we can. You can check the status of your order by logginin and checking the your order history. We also email shipping confirmations and tracking numbers when the order ships. Again, when you call us to ask this, we have to STOP packing orders to answer the phone. The best way to get a hold of us is by email as we answer those in chunks rather than stopping and starting again as we have to do with phone calls.

Can you combine my orders?:
Nope. Sorry, normally we try to combine orders to save on shipping. Right now, with the sale, we have hundreds of orders in process and simply cannot take the time to track down multiple orders and combine them. Please just take advantage of the savings. Also, sometimes with these big items, it is actually MORE expensive to combine them into one large box rather than several smaller boxes due to dimensional weight.

Can I get cheaper shipping?:
Our shopping cart gives pretty accurate shipping quotes based on the size and weight of the order. Shipping costs have just gone up with FedEx, and these large 1/18 items many times have to go demensional weight due to their size and this costs more.

How much to ship (insert products here)?:
Just add the items you would like to your shopping cart and enter your zip code (or country) to see your shipping options and pricing. Again, if you are buying a bunch of the large 1/18 stuff, expect higher shipping. These things are big and cost more to ship.

Is Monkey Depot going out of business?:
No way Jose, we are rocking here at the 'ol Depot. We do this sale once a year to clear out some inventory to make taking our physical inventory count easier. Monkey Depot has been around 10 years and will continue for a long time to come.

Is 21st Century Toys going out of business?:
We don''t have any inside information. None of the MD crew is on the 21st Century Board of Directors and we have not gotten any secret company memos. You know just as much as we do.

Will you be getting more of (insert item here)?:
We are going through our warehouse and finding all sorts of stuff. We are unable to tell when we will get more of or when we will add stuff to the website. Keep an eye on the site for current availability.

Why do prices change (up and down)?:
Real simple actually. As we go through our warehouse, if we find a ton of something, we might mark it down. As we sell down on something, we start to mark it back up. Prices will fluctuate and we are not offering refunds for prices that go down for completed order. By the same token, when prices go up, we are not marking them UP on existing orders.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 pm

one-o-nine wrote:Ughhhh I'm feeling sick looking at my order history. :oops:
Wonder how many have spent their yearly budget or more?

I have spent some, but could spend so much more if the right items come up. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:21 pm

you mean our yearly budget compared to what we normally spend, or compared to what we would spend if the stuff was more readily available?

Let's put it this way: I have spent more in the past 10 days than I have in the past year on XD, but compared to past years, I have a ways to go.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

jmd250
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jmd250 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Budget? Whats a budget?

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Monkeydepot appears to offering relatively recent releases from 21st---so maybe there will be a Bunker Hill Avenger. I don't expect to see any Cobra or UH-1 helicopters, etc.

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Got my F86 and red Mig 15 for $68 shipped. Unless a Cobra or green 262 show up, I'm content. Just frak'n amazing.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

I would guess, without any figures whatsoever, that boardmembers completely overwhelmed, divided the booty, and conquered the monkey depot establishment- before I heard of this sale, MD was not even one of the retailers I would go to daily. At this point, why would they even want to think of stopping the sale? Of course, selling items at cost and or abouts makes folks awful busy, but doesn't pay the bills or saleries in the long run.. I've more than hit my limit the last couple of weeks, too. Even with a good commision check, I would not ever even consider buying this many items at full retail elsewhere.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 pm

When I start to feel guilty about how much I'm spending at MD, I look at other etailers to see what the items cost there. Then I feel a lot better!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Yeah, nothing like the "but I could have spent" excuse. My parents think I am somewhat nuts for collecting the stuff I do (ok, my mom does - my dad, being a military history and warbird fanatic and former Army, thinks it's rather cool), but when I told my mom about the deals I have been getting her only comment was "and where do you plan to put it?" At these prices, I can make room!
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:11 pm

jmd250 wrote:Budget? Whats a budget?
Wow.. I wished I could say that!

I have been reserved, holding out for that one or two elusive piece I have been waiting for, so my money is on hold for the moment.

I will say this, I got my shipping notice for my second order TONIGHT so they are definitely burning the midnight oil over there at MD.
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Yeah, the shipping notice for my Me-262 showed up about 9:00 PM (EST) on Sunday, so OT is the name of the game down there. I have to admit - I feel sorry for the crew there!
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993