21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:38 pm

The 109G-6s that I found are the S1 release with the red nose. I don't believe the S2 version has been released yet.

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:25 am

And still nothing in Pittsburgh... :lol: It's really become a joke to me at this point. I've never seen a figure in a WM and that truly sucks. The 32X planes showed, but that's the only "new" thing I saw. Tons of choppers still adorn the highest shelves back near lawn/garden at my nearest store... Others just have the usual smattering of choppers and planes...

No trucks, No Panzers, No armor at all, and most sad for me is no figures.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

WM

Post by digger » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:22 am

GUYS - We need to accept that figures/halftracks/panzers DID NOT GO TO MOST WM. IT WAS A SMALL TEST RUN FOR FULL DISTRIBUTION SO DON"T GET YOU'RE HOPES UP everytime you hit a WM. If they didn't have the figures/halftracks last week or month, they don't have them now most likely. All WM are crazy and impossible to know what's "in the back" but it seems people are going nuts looking for what's not there.
It is safe to say there is XD on most shelves in some antiquated form or another and this has to be some of the reason why 109Gs were back-logged for who knows how long.
SO, you're setting yourself up for anger/frustration if you expect that they Marines will be in your AO "any day now...."

All that said keep an eye out for those Japanese will you :D I hate to think WM gets those first b/c it could mean they sit in trailers for 2 months while inventory moves. Hopefully the guys at BC will hijack a crate of those when they land. :wink:

nathanita
Corporal
Corporal

109Gs in Dallas

Post by nathanita » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:08 pm

The MEs in Dallas are the Galland Red nose. which in my opinion is a pretty cool scheme. The Germans are going to have the tighten up their formation quite a bit on the ceiling to squeeze another one in. Any more and I'm gonna have to start grounding them...

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:32 am

This was last week: WM in the Painted Post / Coopers Plains NY area had
literally dozens each of the 1:32 (excuse my spelling here) Whirblewinds, Panzerflakwagons, and Panzer tanks piled on shelves in the clearance area. $4 each! Looked like most of the stock for Upstate NY had ended up there somehow.

They also had a 1:6 Stuart at discount ($57, if I recall correctly), and a few of the diecast gray Tiger Is and diecast desert M2s at no discount.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:30 pm

That's a great price on the Stuart, Tinman. They sold out at full price here or I'd have bought one on clearance in a heartbeat. 1:6 isn't my thing, but just having that huge mofo at a nice price would've suited me just fine. I'd love to have gotten a couple of those to make custom vehicles out of actually...
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:18 pm

..... and an even better deal on the 1/32 stuff. WOW!!!! $4!!! I'd have walked away with most of the piles.

mikeg

new figures

Post by mikeg » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:32 pm

good afternoon.. i found a bunch (a box)of the new figures at one of the walmarts today-on the top shelf in the lego section. there are no japanese figures, though, just several of each marine, one each of the patton figures , a corsair pilot, a couple of the german varieties (two types). i had to get several and found them to be much better quality than the earlier ones. the pieces fit and stay on-

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:52 pm

Just visited a local WM today and the FW 190's were still sitting on the shelves. I guess the "4 for contest" didn't spur any interest in clearing them out yet.

digger

Re: new figures

Post by digger » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:03 am

mikeg wrote:i found a bunch (a box)of the new figures at one of the walmarts today-on the top shelf in the lego section.... i had to get several and found them to be much better quality than the earlier ones. the pieces fit and stay on-
Wow - that's a new recon - figs still in the box stashed away somewhere. Reminds you of the old TRU days :wink: On top of the legos no less! We have really learned to comb the aisles.... :D

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:28 pm

Jesse James said:

"That's a great price on the Stuart, Tinman. They sold out at full price here or I'd have bought one on clearance in a heartbeat. 1:6 isn't my thing, but just having that huge mofo at a nice price would've suited me just fine. I'd love to have gotten a couple of those to make custom vehicles out of actually..."

- Yes, I guess it was quite a deal. I just don't have space for one though! Always trying to find ways to squeeze in more 1:18 and a few 1:32 pieces, much less any 1:6.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:46 pm

Just made a quick check of a couple Wal Marts in Fresno that traditionally carry the best selection of XD. Both had the ME-109Gs and one had some FW-190s as well. One also had about 8 Desert Bradleys, aparently on discount, though they were up on a shelf and I didn't want to go through the trouble to get a price check. The 32x supply consisted of only a Jagdtiger at one store and an 88mm gun and Jagdpanther at the other. There were no 1:6 vehicles and none of the 1:18 figures and armor.

Now I can save my money...

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:48 pm

WM in Antioch, CA had theree 1/32 Jagdtigers and three Kingtigers, three FW's and one ME-109G6. I wasn't going to get the G6 but after looking at it for quite awhile, I caved in and got it. It's a fantastic looking plane!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:25 am

Tried a WM just now that I haven't been to in a while. Now I remember the reason...

WM in Old Bridge, NJ (Store # 2825). Not a single piece of 21c in any scale in the store. Nothing, nada, zip, zero 21c.

If I was in 21c, I'd sure be worried about my future tied to a store, no matter how big with the distribution system like WM. :cry:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

WM Recon - New Items

Post by parrish333 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:48 am

Popped into my local WM yesterday to find them now carrying the Dodge Weapons Carrier, Dodge Command Car, and M1025 Humvee --- each going for ~$23. The command car and M1025 each come with two figs.

Quite the pleasant surprise!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:02 am

I stopped in at a "outof the way" Walmart.. They had a huge stack on the back wall of Red 3 Fw-190s, DonnieBoy P-47s and Air America Hueys, All @ full price.. :oops:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

digger

Re: WM Recon - New Items

Post by digger » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:29 am

parrish333 wrote:Popped into my local WM yesterday to find them now carrying the Dodge Weapons Carrier, Dodge Command Car, and M1025 Humvee --- each going for ~$23
This is VERY good news - WM got some distribution fiber :D

I wonder how long that stuff has been "in the back" :? I also wonder if this "across the board" or just limited stores like the PanzerIV? Hopefully this recon thread heats up... 8)

As for my AO, Western LI last week revealed a good deal of CIA & ACav Hueys, an S2 190 at most stores, and one store with Kepford, Galland and 190. There was also the occasional XW plane, or JT/KT/M4/other piece of 1:32.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:21 pm

Good to hear that WM has the Dodge trucks. Could use a few more at those prices.

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:50 pm

hworth18 wrote:I stopped in at a "outof the way" Walmart.. They had a huge stack on the back wall of Red 3 Fw-190s, DonnieBoy P-47s and Air America Hueys, All @ full price.. :oops:
Wonder if those Sandy people will ever figure out that stuff's not gonna move till they discount it? :lol:

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

small find

Post by markecho » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:38 am

WHOA these marines are late!!! :wink:

Just found a bunch (probably 2 full casses) of marines and probably about the same amount of BOB german and U.S. in my local A.O.

I picked up 5 (for my Iwo dio)..and there are plenty left.

best part .. $4.97 each!

PM me for location.
(trying to keep scalpers ears and eyes from the finds. ever since I joined R.S. forums..Im more weary of posting locations since it seems buttmunch scalpers also look at forums and then horde.)
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

luck!

Post by 75th Ranger » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:38 pm

I found two 2 1/2 trucks and a command car at my loca lW-mart finally!
bouught them ASAP!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:09 pm

75thRan:
Can we assume you mean 1 1/2 trucks? or have I missed the release of a Duece?

Local recon today in Linden, NJ revealed only a very lonely 1/6 Kubel with two figures (the new release). It's too big to lug to the price check scanner. Nothing else in any scale.

TTT

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:43 am

wm69 wrote:
hworth18 wrote:I stopped in at a "outof the way" Walmart.. They had a huge stack on the back wall of Red 3 Fw-190s, DonnieBoy P-47s and Air America Hueys, All @ full price.. :oops:
Wonder if those Sandy people will ever figure out that stuff's not gonna move till they discount it? :lol:
I don't know.. Maybe they consider them "decoration" so they will keep them up there.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

I astand corrected

Post by 75th Ranger » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:05 am

I stand corrected, i got two 1 1/2 trucks....i guess i'm so used to the Duece truck that i went with my instincts...hahaha!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:45 am

75thRanger:

The only thing better than a 1 1/2 truck in 1/18 would actually be a duece & a half. 8) I'd sure love to see a couple of duece versions to support out little guys. :wink:

TTT