1/18 P-51 "Petie 2nd"--$19.95, Marder--$4.95

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 am

When the 21st King Tigers come out I hope Monkey Depot get a ship load. :wink:

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:09 pm

[quote="tmanthegreat

The price for the "Petie 2nd" P-51 is excellent , even with the high shipping. I like that particular scheme, but it does have the bent prop blades that the early "retooled" P-51s all had.[/quote]

Cripes, I ordered one! Can anything be done to fix the props?

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:03 am

normandy wrote:When the 21st King Tigers come out I hope Monkey Depot get a ship load. :wink:
I have a feeling you aren't going to see any King Tigers. You guys need to put 2 and 2 together.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 am

I have a feeling you aren't going to see any King Tigers. You guys need to put 2 and 2 together.
Good point Corey. It would be nice to know exactly what has caused this inventory liquidation. I can't remember a time when the market has been flooded with so much cheap 21st product. I hope this isn't 21st's death knell.

If as someone stated Monkey Depot had over 400 panthers in stock then this sale appears to be more of a liquidation sale by 21st than merely an inventory clearance by Monkey Depot.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 am

gustav wrote: If as someone stated Monkey Depot had over 400 panthers in stock then this sale appears to be more of a liquidation sale by 21st than merely an inventory clearance by Monkey Depot.
...and if I mentioned that 21st Century's main distro warehouse was also in AZ?
Corey Stinson

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:13 am

SO, if any KT's have made it into the country; without any active distribution, they (maybe) will end up at the monkeydepot (maybe) for 20-30.00 (maybe). It would also be nice to see some more 21st yellow 7's at a more than reasonable price. That reminds me- a couple of years ago, I mentioned I heard 21st had a warehouse in AZ and someone here called me a dufus, or something like that.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:24 am

It sounds like Coreystinson is saying 21st Century Toys won't be around long enough to call itself 22nd Century Toys. :(

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 am

dragon53 wrote:It sounds like Coreystinson is saying 21st Century Toys won't be around long enough to call itself 22nd Century Toys. :(
It sure feels like that's the situation to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they've just gone into super "sleep" mode to regroup and restructure financially. It's possible that they're clearancing out their existing warehouse stock to raise capital and not have the overhead cost of warehouse storage costs. They've been down before and made it back, I'm hoping they'll be able to pull up this time.

As for the King Tiger, I really doubt that production ever started much less that they have stock stateside just sitting. There are hundreds of small retailers waiting to sell at full cost.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 am

CENT-ONE wrote: As for the King Tiger, I really doubt that production ever started much less that they have stock stateside just sitting. There are hundreds of small retailers waiting to sell at full cost.
Very likely the correct call.
Corey Stinson

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah I sure can't imagine 21st having something like the KT setting around just "waiting" for distribution...unless they have a Chinese lock on the triwalls until they're paid up that is...
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Monkeydepot just added the 21st Century 1/18 M48 Patton Series II for $19.95.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:01 pm

CENT-ONE wrote:
dragon53 wrote:It sounds like Coreystinson is saying 21st Century Toys won't be around long enough to call itself 22nd Century Toys. :(
It sure feels like that's the situation to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they've just gone into super "sleep" mode to regroup and restructure financially. It's possible that they're clearancing out their existing warehouse stock to raise capital and not have the overhead cost of warehouse storage costs. They've been down before and made it back, I'm hoping they'll be able to pull up this time.

As for the King Tiger, I really doubt that production ever started much less that they have stock stateside just sitting. There are hundreds of small retailers waiting to sell at full cost.
With 21stC losing the WM contract and having no other large outlet to sell their product, Monkey Depot comes along and buys up their stock (this panther was just released in FEB 08) and is close by in Mesa, AZ to make it worth thier while. Has Monkey carried 1/18 21stC items before?
Like Cent-one is saying, it might be a move to raise cash to keep the company solid enough to push onto another scale or work on new 1/18 items?
Who knows?
Is there any place on the web that may have the inside scoop?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 am

Speaking of hundreds of waiting retailers; do you think many are waiting on monkeytdepots blammo sale to come to its inglorious end? who wants to pay 59-89-.00 for a 18th item that MD may sell for 19-25.00? And you never know what may pop up at MD-

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 am

mikeg wrote:Speaking of hundreds of waiting retailers; do you think many are waiting on monkeytdepots blammo sale to come to its inglorious end? who wants to pay 59-89-.00 for a 18th item that MD may sell for 19-25.00? And you never know what may pop up at MD-
I'll wait it out. I've been cutting back on my inventory levels anyway since I noticed since last summer an obvious slow down in this once-robust category . Liquidation suggests bad news to me, I have a feeling this product will be secondary-market resales only by the end of '09.
Corey Stinson

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 am

I am hoping that the MD blowout prices will get some new people into the hobby who will support our retailer friends like Corey as they try to fill in gaps they couldn't find at MD. All depends on what additional stock will be available and from whom over the next year or two. I have a feeling that 21st may not be on that list of stock suppliers, unless this truly is an effort to raise emergency cash.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:15 am

FieroDude wrote:I am hoping that the MD blowout prices will get some new people into the hobby who will support our retailer friends like Corey as they try to fill in gaps they couldn't find at MD. All depends on what additional stock will be available and from whom over the next year or two. I have a feeling that 21st may not be on that list of stock suppliers, unless this truly is an effort to raise emergency cash.
As I mentioned to someone else, I think this is a optimistic view of the situation. Retailers get to see things from a bit of a different angle, and I must say that the present-day economic realities of the 1:18 scale pre-built model hobby are looking dubious - even the 1:32 scale side of things, from my perspective, took a huge whack in 2008.

21st having to quickly liquidate so much 1:18 AND 1:32 scale stuff suggests change is afoot in the marketplace.

Either the marketplace will disappear entirely for some period of time, or it will shift into a more affluent target market / more exclusive / lower production run economies-of-scale approach. Not sure which at this time.
Corey Stinson

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:36 am

Monkeydepot has the 21st Century TBF Avenger (Bermuda Triangle version) for $34.95. If you buy 4 Avengers, the price is $29.99.

Also, the 21st Century 1/48 F6F Hellcat is $3.99.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 am

Just ordered the TBF Avenger Bermuda Triangle version myself. Man this is getting expensive :shock: Bring it on! :lol:
Could not think of anything to put here.

digger

21C

Post by digger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:09 am

I would not see liquidation on this level as a good thing for the future of 21C, but if I was still in the hobby right now I would buy a case of Panthers and put them in the closet, attic, basement -wherever. This is one of those rare opportunities like when SBP went out of business, and I would tell any collector to take advantage. Besides, this is likely the last 1:18 Panther tank ever made. Same with those SS guys. Nobody will have the onions to make 4" SS figures again..

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Concerning Monkeydepot's FedEx rates, I placed two separate orders for 21st Century 1/18 models (P-51 "Petie 2nd" and Panther tank). Each order FedEx cost was $15.60 to Houston. However, I emailed then telephoned Monkeydepot asking them if they could combine the two orders into one shipment to save FedEx costs. The customer service rep said he would. I got my shipping confirmation today---the Panther shipping was only 12 cents instead of $15.60.

So the P-51 and Panther total cost is $60.62---a good deal.