D-Day XD Spitfire Stripes Reversed!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:05 pm

No problem there buddy!! I have conquered the heat problem a long time ago. Most of my stuff is in the basement, but as more stuff goes up stairs, I installed a vent fan in the front window several years ago just for this situation. I added a hanging fan from the rafter that draws air from the second floor and sure enough, works like a champ on those hot days. Remember the thread from a long time ago on just this subject?? It gave me the idea!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

cmelt27
Corporal
Corporal

Got it--shark not snake

Post by cmelt27 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:19 pm

Thanks Ski for the clarification. I remember all the talk on the board about the Shark P-38. In fact, I didn't think 21st could come out with a paint scheme I wouldn't want on the P-38, but then they proved me wrong. :) (However, I really like the Halakealea II, which I probably just spelled wrong.)

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by victory » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:07 pm

Ski, I do vaguely remember the thread but in my quest to find more hiding spots around the house, I've hesitated going to the attic. Its really hot up there. I've contemplated a back yard storage shed but seems like you have a much cheaper alternative. One things for sure I gotta do something. I have boxed planes hidden all over the house.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:10 pm

WOW! Teamski! You definatly beat my pitiful collection of them! I have 12 in here at the moment... with 4 waiting to go up. But, I also have a ton of Star Wars vehicles (B-Wing, X-wing, Slave 1s, A-Wing, etc) and other various movie aircraft hanging (Independence Day F-18 Hornets, Lego Fokker Dr 1, etc.). But, I have several hundred 1:72 scale and bellow aircraft in here. Just about the entire Matchbox Collectables Aircraft line, corgi planes, SkyRay planes, Micromachine WW2, etc. Imagine a room where World War 2, Aircraft, and Star Wars smashed into one area. Of course, I've collected every Star Wars Figure since 1995... (all sealed in packages, and 30% of those I have in package I bought a second one of to open)... So I can beat most people with that! :-D

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Me Too!

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:36 pm

Hey P-51!,

Ive been collecting star wars too. :D I also have every figure from 1995 on up inlcuding beast packs and such, but I'm getting a little frustrated on the current re-packs. I think Hasbro is starting to take advantage of us. How many times have they re-packed the same Han Solo now....5?
I have every plane and tank that XD has come out with including repaints except the huckle de buck, which I just cant get myself to buy (pretty lame paint scheme IMHO :-( I'm excited about the new releases coming up...especially the Avenger (if it still comes) :?

dangaroo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dangaroo » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:05 pm

I'm also collecting Star Wars since 1995 and almost all of the vintage (1978-198?) figures (loose). But I was wondering :?
It seems alot of people have been collecting since 1995, so I'm guessing if some one thinks to sell their collection in the future (not me) it might not be worth as much as the vintage because there is so much out there and collectors like us would not buy anything because we probably already have it.
Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you are going to be a Star Wars collector you can't do it for the money. You have to do it for the love of collecting because you have no choice if you are as deep as me in collecting SW.
But....
I also have in mind 21st. There was not much stuff in the beginning and probably collectors like us opened the box, so in the long run 21st stuff might be worth more than the Star Wars stuff.
Think about it :?
Danny

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:58 pm

Yeah - when the first series P-51 and BF-109 go for two to three times what I payed for them (and sometimes more) on ebay, that says alot. Loose SW stuff (from '95 on) generally doesn't go for quite that much. However, if its packaged or is a rarer figure or vehicle, that can be a somewhat different story! My case in point concerns a little Star Wars Action Fleet E-wing starfighter from 1997 that I bought at Target for around $8. I've seen the ship in the same loose condition as mine go for between $60-$80 on ebay!