1/18 Tomcat

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Birddog wrote:Here's some news I found on the 1/18 F-14 after digging around.

I know someone that had agents at the China Toy Fair and this is what I was told their agents found out. This new manufacturer is quite secretive. They have a generic email address (which I don't have) and could not provide the facility's name where their products are being produced. They did however say that they were going to produce an F-15, F-14 and F-18 in 1/18 scale. They also gave no specifics on moving parts, quality, etc. However, they were interested in expanding their development with one of the US manufacturers.

If all this holds true, sounds like this scale ain't dead... :D Just wonder why they are going to do an F-18 when bbi still has the capability to put their's back out on the market?

Anyhow, my hopes we will see a 1/18 A-10 someday have been greatly raised upon hearing this news.... :D
I told you, you was da man!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Yeeepeeee

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:40 am

i need to find a larger room to display all thEses models ! i am in for any modern jet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanx BIRDDOG ! hope the secret agent will tell us more :) 8)
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 pm

This is great news, thanks. The only room left is for Admirals Dauntless, still on preorder, and for modern stuff. It'll be nice to fill that space.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:24 pm

If the 1/18 F-14, F-15 and F/A-18 make it to the US, I sure hope the level of detail and accuracy is similar to BBI and not Franklin Mint.

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:42 pm

No disrespect to anyone on this thread (birddog, I love your intel usually), but as much as I would love to believe I just can't buy the secret-squirrel-Chinese-toy-fair-hidden-e-mail-address-so-1/18-corporate-spies-can't-scoop-us-while-we-build-everyone's-four-favorite-modern-jets-angle here. Does anyone really think this is legit?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:44 pm

olifant wrote:No disrespect to anyone on this thread (birddog, I love your intel usually), but as much as I would love to believe I just can't buy the secret-squirrel-Chinese-toy-fair-hidden-e-mail-address-so-1/18-corporate-spies-can't-scoop-us-while-we-build-everyone's-four-favorite-modern-jets-angle here. Does anyone really think this is legit?
Deep in my heart, probably not. But these days even a false nugget of hope isn't too bad... :D
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:46 pm

If true..... me thinks it could be Admiral toys ...but hey I am a gullible person by nature and am to trusting to a fault.

I will hold my breath and hope for the best I believe that bird dog is a good person..
:wink:

paranoia in this hobby will destroy this hobby even if the threat is real...

There needs to be solid communication to us collectors and fans.....No ifs ands or butts.........................I feel like there is this iron curtain of information that had draped over this hobby in the last few years.
I know the collectors and retailers don't like it..................................
Last edited by VMF115 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm

:oops: :oops:

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 pm

olifant wrote:No disrespect to anyone on this thread (birddog, I love your intel usually), but as much as I would love to believe I just can't buy the secret-squirrel-Chinese-toy-fair-hidden-e-mail-address-so-1/18-corporate-spies-can't-scoop-us-while-we-build-everyone's-four-favorite-modern-jets-angle here. Does anyone really think this is legit?
It is true. It was our agents in China. Do not get down on Birddog. This manufacturer is a start up that doesn't have all their ducks in a row. They are being protective because of the nature of things in China and the fact that they are just starting up. I do not think they are the quality of BBI, but maybe that will improve.

Back to seclusion,
Jason

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Why wouldn't it be real? 21st already proved that secrecy is basically the best policy...remember the Phantom fiasco?.. Admiral announced it then 21st comes in and completely undermines it with a ficticious one of their own that I'll bet never had a 2nd thought by the management of actually making in the first place. Everyone wants the glory of being the "first", who cares, just make the damn thing, somebody. If one of the "big 3" is involved, my money is on Admiral but honestly, I think we may have a new player in town. Trust nowadays is a hard to come by commodity.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
It is true. It was our agents in China. Do not get down on Birddog. This manufacturer is a start up that doesn't have all their ducks in a row. They are being protective because of the nature of things in China and the fact that they are just starting up. I do not think they are the quality of BBI, but maybe that will improve.

Back to seclusion,
Jason
When can we have the SBD and the A-1??????????????

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Back to seclusion,
Jason

There ya go. Thanks Jason for the report. :D

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Back to seclusion,
Jason
Thanks Jason, you get a cookie!

Even if they arn't the quality of BBI, there are enough enterprising people out there who can make improvement packages for these models. I know I'm a good enough modeler to attempt some of them. This is good, I hope it pans out.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier today, I've been traveling and busy with work all day and I just got to a computer to check in on the forum. It's cold in Cleveland for a boy from the south... :shock: :D

Thank you for the backup Jason old buddy. I figured that I would get negativity here from some. Looking at how some took the news maybe I should have worded it better. I've been a member of this forum for a while now and I have never and would never spread information here that is false unless it was falsely given to me guys. :wink:

Either, way no problem.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks Birddog, and thanks Jason.
Always good to hear from you.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Birddog wrote:Sorry I couldn't respond earlier today, I've been traveling and busy with work all day and I just got to a computer to check in on the forum. It's cold in Cleveland for a boy from the south... :shock: :D

Thank you for the backup Jason old buddy. I figured that I would get negativity here from some. Looking at how some took the news maybe I should have worded it better. I've been a member of this forum for a while now and I have never and would never spread information here that is false unless it was falsely given to me guys. :wink:

Either, way no problem.
A man who likes the A-10 like you can only be taken seriously. :lol:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:
Birddog wrote:Sorry I couldn't respond earlier today, I've been traveling and busy with work all day and I just got to a computer to check in on the forum. It's cold in Cleveland for a boy from the south... :shock: :D

Either, way no problem.
A man who likes the A-10 like you can only be taken seriously. :lol:
Or certifiable........ :lol: :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 pm

When I first saw the Chinese dealer ad photos for the 1/18 F-14 and someone speculated the F-14 was by BBI, the details in the photo didn't look like BBI quality---it looked more like Franklin Mint. I hope the new startup company does get their ducks in a row and achieves a higher level of detail than shown in the photos. I don't want to pay big bucks for a big model with a big price with little detail---Franklin Mint is already available for that.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Birddog wrote:
Jericoeagle1 wrote: A man who likes the A-10 like you can only be taken seriously. :lol:
Or certifiable........ :lol: :D
Well I wasn't going to be the first to say that... :oops:

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Birddog (and Jason), thanks for the great intel. This is a nice bit of positive news. Bring on the big jets people! 8)

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:02 am

One thing that does not quite compute for me is how the heck a start up company can be talking about big plans in the 1:18 world, yet a company like BBI with existing molds, market presence, etc. does not seem to be getting a business case from it's retailers to justify repaints of the F-16 and F-18. I'm sure we will eventually get the T-bird, and at some point the Blue Angels. But even the T-bird is taking longer than I would have expected.

Anyway, more power to the startup if they can pull it off!

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:44 pm

vulgarvulture wrote:One thing that does not quite compute for me is how the heck a start up company can be talking about big plans in the 1:18 world, yet a company like BBI with existing molds, market presence, etc. does not seem to be getting a business case from it's retailers to justify repaints of the F-16 and F-18. I'm sure we will eventually get the T-bird, and at some point the Blue Angels. But even the T-bird is taking longer than I would have expected.

Anyway, more power to the startup if they can pull it off!
Limited quantities at a higher price could work.

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Either, way no problem.
Birddog, please don't misunderstand. I did not think you were spreading false information, I was just questioning the validity of what you heard. When we get firm news of release dates with photos from existing established manufacturers that never see the light of day this F-14 and numerous other jets sounds awfully thin indeed.

Besides, it did bring Jason out of the cave! Good to hear from you again!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Japenese friends ?

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:04 am

Do we have a local Japenese friend on this board ? i am dying for some infos !!!! :shock:
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:45 am

I'm done with this plane. I got my F-16 in one hell of a trade and am now content. I can trade Top Gun for Iron Eagle and still make it thru the day. Not that I dare compare the 2 movies. What was that Top Gun movie with Nicholas Cage and Apaches? I'll be getting one of them soon also. Then the Pavehawk and Lil' Bird for Blackhawk Down. Yes, I do believe that is enough fantasy for 1 33yr old child.