Where do you display your Blackhawk/Pavehawk?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Where do you display your Blackhawk/Pavehawk?

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:33 pm

I have a BBI Pavehawk coming in, and I know its a big model. Where do you guys display your Blackhawk/Pavehawk model? I think I will put in on a desk I have in my back room, but do some of you guys have yours hung from the ceiling? :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:24 pm

My Blackhawk and Apache are currently both hanging from the ceiling in my living room at home, but they have also been displayed "on the ground" on horizontal filing cabinets in my office at work. That actually made for a nice display - the choppers on simulated tarmac (printed and mounted on foam-core), with a couple support vehicles and miscellaneous crates, barrels, and armament racks positioned around.

And either way, they are big, without a doubt.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Sine the Blackhawk is quite large, I usually display it hanging on my ceiling. There is lots of potential to make some fun setups with the helicopter and figures.

Mine, for example, has a full crew and passenger compliment, so I display the helicopter with the side doors open. The open doors reveal the troops sitting on the benches, carrying their weapons or other supplies. On the right side of the helicopter, where drop-rope is, I usually have a soldier rappelling down while one of the crew chief figures steadies the rope. It all makes for a dramatic display :wink:

If you have the table space, creating a sort of ground dio is also quite feasable, such as having soldiers or crew loading or offloading from the helicopter.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:53 pm

BH is hanging from the ceiling.

My Apache is on the floor in parts, waiting to get sold by me when I take the time to get off my duff and actually sell it.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

shelf

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:42 am

mine is displayed on a shelf and since the rotors of the huge hélicopters are large i display only 3 blades out of of 4 ! ... and i change regulary to avoid the sagging effect (the blades tend to drop a little ...)

the display is impressive ....
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:39 am

mine is in a box :oops:

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:09 am

All my Helicopters are at work in my classroom. I use them as training aids for the students. Mainly for evasion stuff for the survival equipment on board. and they are just nice to look at.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]