Heng Long to release Jagdpanther

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:29 pm

smittyrob64 wrote:
And the reasoning was that it doesn't cost $1,000.00. That was my point
to which I agreed with you. Anyway I wasn't the one who first said they were $1000
Uugh ... I was never replying to you in the first place. :lol: You just assumed I was. :shock:

Have a good one! :mrgreen:

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:31 pm

in that case I apologize :D

mondaytanker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mondaytanker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:39 pm

You have to admit, a little drama got this post moving. :lol:

I have considered purchasing a few Heng Longs since Tamiya has not pursued this sector of the market very aggressively.

Now that there are more than just Heng Long and Tamiya we are seeing more variety. Like the Panzer 3 and others.

I am not a “Jadg” fan, so I doubt I would ever spend the $700~ on the Tamiya but instead purchase the HL, give it a make over and display it.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:45 pm

smittyrob64 wrote:in that case I apologize :D
No apology required and certainly no drama here. Just stating a fact on prices. The Tamiya website does show their tanks at MSRP, which is not what retailers sell them at.

Just an FYI!! :D

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 pm

I saw that, $1,410.00 :shock: :shock:

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:51 pm

mondaytanker wrote:You have to admit, a little drama got this post moving. :lol:

I have considered purchasing a few Heng Longs since Tamiya has not pursued this sector of the market very aggressively.

Now that there are more than just Heng Long and Tamiya we are seeing more variety. Like the Panzer 3 and others.

I am not a “Jadg” fan, so I doubt I would ever spend the $700~ on the Tamiya but instead purchase the HL, give it a make over and display it.
I have bought (and will continue to) what Tamiya hasn't made, even resin conversions for them. Most likely for me to get them up to Tamiya standards will take a bit of $$$, some of them might just become shelf queens (because there are no dust queens in my collection) for I can't run all of them.

I am looking forward to their version of the Sherman, the Jagdtiger and a British tank that was earlier than the Comet. So in the end I'll probably have more HLs than Tamiyas. :P

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:12 pm

if i get into 1/16 i will have many HL's and zero Tamiyas. Nice though they may be i have no interest in paying that much for a tank model...no matter how well it runs. I'm not really all that excited about paying the HL prices but i will probably.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

mondaytanker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mondaytanker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Panther, I currently have 5 Tamiya tanks. 3 of which are full function, a King Tiger with Porsche turret that I upgraded to full function and new gear boxes and a Leopard 1 that is getting DMD and full function. And yes, lots of $$$ has been spent.

I whish I could find an inexpensive DMD that operates like Tamiya’s to upgrade the drivability on the cheap tanks.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:18 pm

mondaytanker wrote:Panther, I currently have 5 Tamiya tanks. 3 of which are full function, a King Tiger with Porsche turret that I upgraded to full function and new gear boxes and a Leopard 1 that is getting DMD and full function. And yes, lots of $$$ has been spent.

I whish I could find an inexpensive DMD that operates like Tamiya’s to upgrade the drivability on the cheap tanks.
There will be soon. I too, have a lot of non-Tamiya projects that could benefit from this as well. Even something to replace the HL electronics. I like the smoother throttle the Tamiyas have and that would be my main interest. Not all of the tanks have to be IR ready or even Tamiya capable. Just something that is realistic to drive around.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I started the Tamiya $1000 thing.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.p ... t-id=56024

$1410.00

squadron.com doesn't show it yet. I'm sure there are places where you can get it lower than a $1000. But for the sake of the post a price generalization was all I was implying.

Back when my part time side business was doing 6k a month I still wouldn't go for a $800 tank. Last Tamiya tank I bought was the Sherman, only because I felt they were going to stop making them. And it's a E8.

Any way all my HL are still boxed.

DH

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:18 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:I started the Tamiya $1000 thing.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.p ... t-id=56024

$1410.00

squadron.com doesn't show it yet. I'm sure there are places where you can get it lower than a $1000. But for the sake of the post a price generalization was all I was implying.

Back when my part time side business was doing 6k a month I still wouldn't go for a $800 tank. Last Tamiya tank I bought was the Sherman, only because I felt they were going to stop making them. And it's a E8.

Any way all my HL are still boxed.

DH
Yep ... here's one place.

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/PantherRC.htm

And there are others too, just gotta know where to look. :lol:

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:15 pm

$795
Well... that is roughly $800, which will buy me at least 6 or 7 different HL tanks which I can repaint, customize, and modify to my hearts content. For my money HL represents the best combination of performance and value. The upcoming HL Jagdpanther looks sweet, and the $650 I'll save over a Tamiya buys a lot of nice upgrades and accessories.
Cheap RC tanks usually only have ON/OFF motor control.
Don't know which "cheap" RC tanks you are referring to, but all the 1/16 HL smoke and sound tanks produced within the last year or so come with 10 speed control.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:59 pm

does HL make Pz III L42, L60 and 75mm vairents?
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 am

Panzer_M wrote:does HL make Pz III L42, L60 and 75mm vairents?
HL makes at least two that I know of... a Panzer III Ausf. L, which would be the 50mm L/60 gun I believe, and a "Tauchpanzer" IIIH which would have the 50mm L/42 gun I think, I'm not sure about a 75mm variant. I have the Ausf L which in reality looks more like a Flammpanzer because of the slightly oversized airsoft gun tube, but it doesn't look bad and many that don't care about having a working BB gun have simply replaced the barrel with an aftermarket version. Regarding Tamiya's proportional control... I've never used one, and I'm sure it's probably smoother and more sophisticated than HL's, but that sophistication comes at a considerable extra cost. That being said, my HL tanks will crawl along real slow or move out smartly, depending on how far I push up the stick, it requires a bit of practice and finesse with the stick to run through the speed range smoothly, especially at the lower end, but it does work, and for $500+ less per tank I can live with it. As someone else rightly pointed out, most of us here are static model collectors, not RC tank enthusiasts, and we simply can't justify plunking down $500 to $800 for one tank that is not even built or painted yet. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the guys like GD who can put together a Tamiya 1/16 masterpiece, and more importantly can afford the price tag. Tamiya may be the Cadillac or Rolls Royce of the RC tank world, but for the majority of us Heng Long's products represent an excellent combination of value, performance, and upgradeability at a price that won't break the bank. It's also becoming pretty obvious that HL is making a real commitment to expanding their product line and improving quality while still keeping prices at an affordable level, and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:29 am

ostketten wrote:
Panzer_M wrote:does HL make Pz III L42, L60 and 75mm vairents?
HL makes at least two that I know of... a Panzer III Ausf. L, which would be the 50mm L/60 gun I believe, and a "Tauchpanzer" IIIH which would have the 50mm L/42 gun I think, I'm not sure about a 75mm variant. I have the Ausf L which in reality looks more like a Flammpanzer because of the slightly oversized airsoft gun tube, but it doesn't look bad and many that don't care about having a working BB gun have simply replaced the barrel with an aftermarket version. Regarding Tamiya's proportional control... I've never used one, and I'm sure it's probably smoother and more sophisticated than HL's, but that sophistication comes at a considerable extra cost. That being said, my HL tanks will crawl along real slow or move out smartly, depending on how far I push up the stick, it requires a bit of practice and finesse with the stick to run through the speed range smoothly, especially at the lower end, but it does work, and for $500+ less per tank I can live with it. As someone else rightly pointed out, most of us here are static model collectors, not RC tank enthusiasts, and we simply can't justify plunking down $500 to $800 for one tank that is not even built or painted yet. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the guys like GD who can put together a Tamiya 1/16 masterpiece, and more importantly can afford the price tag. Tamiya may be the Cadillac or Rolls Royce of the RC tank world, but for the majority of us Heng Long's products represent an excellent combination of value, performance, and upgradeability at a price that won't break the bank. It's also becoming pretty obvious that HL is making a real commitment to expanding their product line and improving quality while still keeping prices at an affordable level, and that can only be a good thing in my opinion.
I totally agree! It is great to have a choice, isn't it. :wink:

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

1/16

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Yep, that about sums it up. Very excited about the expanding range, have 10 Henglong Tanks now,
1 x Sturmtiger
1 x Tiger
2 x KT
2 X Stug
2 x Panzer 111
2 x Panzer 1V
Awaiting the Jagdpanther with lust.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:29 am

HL made a King Tiger and Sturmtiger? Where can those be purchased?
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:51 am

HL didn't but Matorro toys did.

(Although I have a sneaking suspicion that those two companies are the same)

http://www.matotoys.com/canada/index.php?cPath=1_31

And I think they're out of Sturm Tigers....although you can probably find one on Ebay.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:54 pm

I wouldn't know about that, but matarro seems like lesser quality than HL.

I have the strumtiger.

DH

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

escaped

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:36 pm

This kat has escaped and is on a UK ebay site at 99 pounds plus. Too rich at this point, but as they come on stream the price will settle. Grey release, camo to come.