How Sad, no new 1:18 4 Christmas, thanks 21st in particular

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ww2collecter
Sergeant
Sergeant

How Sad, no new 1:18 4 Christmas, thanks 21st in particular

Post by ww2collecter » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:56 pm

this is the 1st Christmas, in years, I didnt get a 1:18 vehicle :cry: . Its been getting less and less uptill now. I've been reading the topics how 1:18th might be on there way out. Really pisses me off what 21st has done. With their " oh, guess what is in the future for this year" crap.

King tiger still due out?

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Wadda you mean no new stuff?? The Flak 88 just came out.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:21 pm

popeye357 wrote:Wadda you mean no new stuff?? The Flak 88 just came out.
Exactly. It is not priced to the old Wal Mart standards, but it is a new XD "vehicle" that is well worth the price and brings new meaning to the term Xtreme Detail 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ww2collecter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ww2collecter » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 pm

popeye357 wrote:Wadda you mean no new stuff?? The Flak 88 just came out.
True, but I miss the years of having 3 or more new items.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:26 am

Those years with new multiple items making their first appearance are gone for now, but 21st is still a player in the 1/18th scale field and with the release of the King Tiger due out soon and the already released 88, they'll be at the top (IMHO) in releasing the newest and best armor pieces to date.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 am

immeww2 wrote:Those years with new multiple items making their first appearance are gone for now, but 21st is still a player in the 1/18th scale field and with the release of the King Tiger due out soon and the already released 88, they'll be at the top (IMHO) in releasing the newest and best armor pieces to date.
WISHFUL THINKING!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:52 pm

I think there was really only one year where there was more then one new 1:18 item vehicle out around christmas
This Christmas we had the 88 - last christmas we had the Avenger, 2 vehicles. We forget we also had the Platoon figures, Nam figures, and stores selling older stuff as well - Its been a great XD year for me.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:11 pm

I always count my fellow Small Scale Hq comrades as a valuable source of XD.
Thanks guys, it's been a swinging XD year! :D
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: How Sad, no new 1:18 4 Christmas ...

Post by Panther F » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 am

You can't expect every year to be fruitful, especially after the way 2008 played out!

I don't have a large collection (due to the fact I missed out on a lot of the good stuff due to finances) but what I do have is satisfying enough! Especially the 1/18 Flak 88. I still can't believe it was at an affordable cost.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:31 pm

I don't blame any of the 1:18 players for the lack of product whatsoever. We all have seen the mass discounting of 1:18 stuff already, and you KNOW that will always remain in the minds of the execs. With the market the way it is, I think it would of been insane right now to fork out $125K+ to tool up and kick out another vehicle. Thank your lucky stars that the 88 actually hit the market. It's too pricey for me, but I can't complain. That is my burden, not yours, hehehehe....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:42 pm

I am still up in the air about getting the 88, partially because of the price and partially because the other DAK options to display it with are rather limited without some custom painting. I do think the price on the 88, as well as the availability of the King Tiger and other items, may have been more to our favor if WM hadn't shifted its focus to movie-based toys (using the movie-based term loosely) like Star Wars, Transformers, Indiana Jones, and various superheroes. TRU or Target may still someday come to the rescue, but it's hard to say--1/18th isn't going away, but I do think it is becoming more of a niche market.

One way we could get XD back into Walmart: slap some WWE logos or some chrome 22s on the armor, and maybe some fluorescent colors and a Batman logo on the airplanes :D
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:53 pm

I remember when the 1/18th die cast car market went through the same kind of problems before it became the established force it is today..I remember collecting them and paying 20-30 bucks for them.. remembered seeing a slump of new products after the ones where on the discount selves...remembered how many said the 1/18th car die cast market was dead...the real big problem was the lack of different 1/18th die cast car products at first....Most of the first die cast 1/18th cars where exotics not to many were muscle cars...some time variety is the spice of lives ...some like classic mustangs,, corvettes, GTO..while others like the latest new car in the dealership in die cast....

I think once manufacturing order quotas come down we will be-able to see new products.....3000 units at 60.00 whole sale is a lot of cash...maybe bbi would rather get half a loaf then no loaf at all.
these requirements placed on the retailer is going to hurt both the collector and the factory...and me thinks the factory will wise up and offer competitive prices again...or new over seas factory from new countries will establish themselves at a much cheaper price....remember this has hurt the 1/18th die cast car market as well.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:55 pm

WM is really the key without them making large orders and 21C being able to piggy back shipments from China. its just not going to happen. we will be lucky to see a couple pieces this year
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:13 pm

My understanding is if you had a product you could get it made through credit at the Chines factory..pay 60...90..days or longer once you received payment from the retailers....that's was the past..now the factories want their payment paid upfront....with credit being in short suply and hard to get factoring these days,

the rules of the game have changed.

http://factoring.qlfs.com/html/purchase ... ncing.html
How does it work?
PO financing covers the supplier expenses associated with a specific purchase order. It enables you to make sales that exceed your current financial capabilities and provides a solid platform for growth. When used properly, purchase order financing can help you grow your company by enabling you to accept larger orders.

PO financing is simple to use and integrates into your business easily. It works as follows:

Your client issues a purchase order to your company
We pay your vendor on your behalf, usually by letter of credit or bank wire
The goods are delivered and accepted by your customer
You send an invoice to the client
Your client pays the invoice and the transaction is settled
Qualification
You must be a product reseller or use a 3rd party manufacturing company
You must sell products/goods to other companies or the Government
Your company must be a corporation or LLC
Benefits
PO funding can help you take large order and close big sales
Available to established companies and startups
Purchase order funding can provide up to 100% of the financing necessary to pay your local or foreign suppliers
Grows with your sales
PO financing is easy to obtain and can be set up in days
Obtaining purchase order funding is faster and easier than obtaining traditional bank financing. The main requirements are that you run a profitable business and have purchase orders from reputable customers. The costs vary based on the size of the transaction, the credit quality of your client and the length of time that funds are needed.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

pickelhaube

Re: How Sad, no new 1:18 4 Christmas, thanks 21st in particu

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:16 pm

ww2collecter wrote:this is the 1st Christmas, in years, I didnt get a 1:18 vehicle :cry: . Its been getting less and less uptill now. I've been reading the topics how 1:18th might be on there way out. Really pisses me off what 21st has done. With their " oh, guess what is in the future for this year" crap.

You forgot about my Wirbelwind. It was out for Christmas. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: How Sad, no new 1:18 4 Christmas, thanks 21st in particu

Post by exether_mega » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:42 am

pickelhaube wrote:
ww2collecter wrote:this is the 1st Christmas, in years, I didnt get a 1:18 vehicle :cry: . Its been getting less and less uptill now. I've been reading the topics how 1:18th might be on there way out. Really pisses me off what 21st has done. With their " oh, guess what is in the future for this year" crap.

You forgot about my Wirbelwind. It was out for Christmas. :wink: :wink: :wink:
And it's a fantastic piece ! Thanks Pickel ! :wink:

phil