HUGE NEWS MUST READ Toy makers assail cost of new law

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:01 pm

pokeyjtc wrote:Sorry kids, after this year, Santa's never coming again because there will be no more toys, EVER! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Hope you got what you wanted because they don't make it anymore. No need to learn to ride a bike, because they don't make them anymore. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: No need to go to the toystore for your birthday because there is no more toystore. Sorry kids, but the people who where trying to make everything safer for you have just put all the toymakers out of business. Have a happy childhood!

This law is absolutely ridiculous. I just can't believe how stupid this is. It just really makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Will somebody in Congress please come to their senses and figure this is a no-win situation for everybody? What happened to moderation, common sense, and rational thinking? I know, the government doesn't do that anymore.

Sorry for my rant, but I'm just sick of all of the bad news and stupid government decisions that are happening lately. I guess I'll just have to enjoy what I have.
No need to apologize, your rant is completely justified. America is the way it is because not enough people rant, they just set on their hands and let the govt take advantage of them. Sadly, the next 4 years will be a horror for the American people, make no mistake about it! Our govt is now no more than a financial institution, it's all about money...in their pockets regardless of the expense to the American people. I am ashamed of my govt, disgusted, and as a vet, insulted. We will be a nation of many more "firsts" to come, hell already will have a future pres that's not even a US citizen...guarantee it! :evil: At least he couldn't scam his way into the white house early...moron. But at least his m-i-l will be comfortable in the white house at the tax payers expense.. :wink: Kinda tells you something that they continue to take interest in our children doesn't it?

Concerning the info on Lego...has anyone noticed and maybe this is just in my AO but the Lego stock at TRU, WM, Target etc is extremely low this Christmas and it isn't that the stuff has been bought and the shelves are just emply, there is no place for the stuff to be at all!! Maybe Lego saw this coming and is jumping from a sinking ship early...don't blame them. Boy I bet FDR's grave is plum worn out due to massive rolling over concerning what his party has become. Wow.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Back on the Lego subject. I wonder how many US arcitects this company has reared over the years. Yep lets harass toy companies that make toys that inspire the imagination. I can see it now, nothing but "teletubbies"...we all know what those will rear....future congressmen... :wink:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 pm

you know what will be the biggest thing that will effect the midterm election? pissed of parents/ grandparents ect. not being able to buy toys for there kids///also for poor people who shop at thrift stores for second hand cloths, furnitures and baby stuff..........it sounds like the consumer advocacy groups wants all this stuff gone..out of here....so there is no chance the kids will be harmed.......

Toy pusher selling illegal toys from his trunk......
Pst hey Kidd want some 1/18th GI Joes how about a Barbi for your sister.... Just don't tell them where you got it from...MmmK

date Nov-5-2010
Or VMF115 was arrested for selling military related toys on ebay....
He sold them to a minor posing as an adult..he is facing up to 5 years and a 20 thousand dollar fine..the item in question was a toy made before the CPSIA law was put into effect...his ebay item number######## 21st century toys which went out of business a few years ago.
his disclaimer says this toy is intended for teenager over the age of 12 and adults..and has not been tested by a CPSIA lab.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

he is one of thousands that skirt the law trying to harm our precious young children thees scum bad should be locked up...In fact (put your least favorite "representative here") is trying to amend that all pre CPSIA toys be banned from any home that a child might be living in........

DA said that because this transaction took place across state line it will be held in Federal court.....court date January 15-2011
Last edited by VMF115 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:33 pm

rmoore456 wrote:I made it through childhood with lead paint on my toys, rode a bike without a helmet, had sharp metal edged toys, I made to 52.

Ray
The well-dressed child OF THE FUTURE, who will laugh at the crazy ravings of young men like you as he ROCKETS past the age of 152!:
Completely protected from the harmful effects of REALITY future child takes comfort in the fact that his ancestors cared enough for his well-being to make sure that ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING potentially HARMFUL is well out of his reach. Now with 80% less toys. Contains less than 1% of the RDA recommended amount of Vitamin Fun.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:37 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote: Completely protected from the harmful effects of REALITY future child takes comfort in the fact that his ancestors cared enough for his well-being to make sure that ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING potentially HARMFUL is well out of his reach. Now with 80% less toys. Contains less than 1% of the RDA recommended amount of Vitamin Fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by VMF115 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:27 am

The Lego thing really bums me out as this was one of my favorite toys when I was growing up. I spent hours and hours playing with these toys and I am still here despite inhaling and ingesting a few :wink:

I was really looking forward to my future children playing with Legos. It's a good thing I saved all of mine, because that's the only way they are going to get to play with them if this law stays in effect. :(

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:27 am

I CAN'T believe that the government let me play with the toys I HAD back in the '60's and 70's!
PHEW!! Thank GOODNESS the government is cracking down on this now!
It's good that the government is CONCENTRATING on this-meanwhile, this coming summer, kids here in the Cleveland area WON'T be able to go swimming in the lake because of HIGH pollution levels...priorities... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:16 am

i think the Lego shortage was due to other reasons, economics, olympics etc. They were in short supply in canada too. But a whole new raft of Legos is just starting to come out, so i don't think this law is effecting them, yet.

i suspect saner heads will prevail and the law will be modified. And i would have thought a retroactive law unconstitutional? Otherwise they could make retroactive laws that are crimes that people committed without knowledge it was a crime at the time.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:29 am

We can only hope that a little common sense will prevail and this will get repealed or amended. The part that kills me is that we have become a country where special interest groups have managed to get practically everything regulated or banned. And yet when we were kids growing up, there were no such regulations--and the vast majority of us survived, and with far fewer issues than these pansy-a$$ed kids today that are allergic to everything, immune to nothing, and have led to laws to protect them from themselves. I learned the stove was hot after getting my fingers burned once and never repeated the mistake again. The government and PTOs and other groups apparently don't trust today's kids to do the same.

I agree that it is wrong for China to use the cheapest possible ingredients in their products, even when they are known to be hazardous (the melamine in the dog food thing had my dogs eating fresh burger for months, and me trying to cut a deal with a couple bomber crews for a trip to the importer's office in Vegas and then on to China). I also agree that spot testing is probably a good idea - it has been standard practice for years here in the US. But the situation needs to be handled with some common sense. And we need to be prepared to pay a bit more for the stuff we want, if we intend to hold China to the same safety and labor standards we have in the US. The big reason manufacturers go to China or other countries is because we as consumers don't want to pay the added cost created by those standards, so companies need to find ways to get around them one way or another. Hopefully there can be a happy balance. Likewise, if we want to change it, we need to be the ones to contact our government and let them know how we feel, and be prepared to offer up suggestions.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

ZBEAR
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ZBEAR » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 am

Well we are now living in the nanny state what do you expect?
The government is really too large and too powerful.
The founding fathers would be sickened at what the country has become.
Crap might as well gop live in a cabin off in the mountains and prepare for the end now.
Last edited by ZBEAR on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:35 am

Ridiculous laws like this are driving me crazy! Average sanity level among politicians= 0.0%

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:38 am

I can see regulation, but only that they need to enforce laws already on the books. Which is usually the case with most laws, even the stupid ones.
Anything beyond that is just showboating to their constituances.

I think these days there are more important things to deal with than this trivial crap.
The retro-active thing is just a bunch of bull-sh#t too.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:18 am

aferguson wrote:i think the Lego shortage was due to other reasons, economics, olympics etc. They were in short supply in canada too. But a whole new raft of Legos is just starting to come out, so i don't think this law is effecting them, yet.

i suspect saner heads will prevail and the law will be modified. And i would have thought a retroactive law unconstitutional? Otherwise they could make retroactive laws that are crimes that people committed without knowledge it was a crime at the time.
Dang aferg you have alot of faith that our countries govt will get a clue someday. :lol: Idiots made the law, idiots that are still in place and unfortunately will be led now by an idiot, the law will probably get modified....for the worse!!! Congress needs an emema starting with pelosi, frank, kennedy, kerry, just to name a few... :wink: Especially pelosi, she's nothing more than an insubordinate traitor that I wish was working for putin.. :wink: See how much crap she talked then.. :)

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:52 am

This reminds me of the movie "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town"

Burgermiester Miesterburger did the same thing the U.S. Government is doing.... No more Christmas!

Toys will be black market and we will all be toy smugglers.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Id sign up to be a toy smuggler!
start from the streets
build an empire - have the ability to bribe law makers - after sending $10,000 campaign contributions, spend nights in the Lincoln Bedroom - sigh Id end up loving chicago style politics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0x5wgN2Xg

we could become XD cowboys!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 pm

The US govt is infamous for "inventing" criminals from the masses ie. the prohibition, indecisive gun laws, now toy laws just to name a few. I just wonder who's gonna "protect" us from our govt... :roll: Probably the United abomiNations as I'm sure eventually in the new regime our military control will be relinqueshed to them just like comrade klinton did on a few occasions. This whole issue is so unbelievable it's unbelievable!

c44588
Corporal
Corporal

Post by c44588 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:14 pm

I just thank goodness we're all so well protected by the likes of Barney Frank and Henry Wax-man....the fellas who also brought us the financial meltdown. :x Although I bet they each take all kinds of risks in their lives... :shock:

No wonder the world thinks were done....I sure hope they're not right...

BTW, when I was a kid they allowed us guns, knives and Davey Crocket Coonskin hats....gotta say it sure helped cull out the weak ones!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:55 am

I don't understand the reasoning behind this....all we hear about is the sad state of the economy, and now sales of merchandise is being prohibited? Hasn't anyone considered how many manufacturers, dealers, salespeople, etc will this affect?? Another case of someone coming up with some half-ass idea just to make it look like they are justified in their job. Remember Mel Brooks in 'Blazing Saddles' -"Gentlemen, we have to protect our phoney baloney jobs!"

I don't know whether to buy everything I want now, or just sell while I still can.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 am

Greetings

There is one very important fact we are all forgetting here.

The government would not have had to do this if companies simply kept their toys safe in the first place. That's the bottom line. Some of the companies (certainly not all) brought this one by not following quality control standards and making cheap and dangerous products simply to make a profit. There are many companies out there who make safe toys and are hurt by these laws, but, like normal, a few companies had to run it for everyone. If all companies cared about their core audience (kids), and made products safe for kids, this type of thing wouldn't have to be done. Unfortunately the government has to step in becaause some companies didn't do the right thing.

This isn't about politics, and personally, I am tired of hearing politics make its way into every thread on this board as of late, this is about the safety of this nation's children. Unfortunately, the safety of our nation's children was not taken seriously by some of these companies and the government had to step in. There's no hidden agenda here, it's not Obama's fault, it's not Palin's fault. Agree with it or not, the government had to do something because tainted products coming into this country hurt children.

To say there will not be any toys next holiday season is outrageous. Come on, folks, get real here. Many toy companies hold very high standards and this will not hurt them significantly in the long run. Changes will need to be made certainly, but this will all work out in the end. If anything, I hope these new regulations will help keep the cheap, low quality toys out of this country that started this mess in the first place. I also hope it makes major toy companies take a second look at who produces their toys for them and their own quality standards.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Bryce
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:30 am

Gosh, you certainly know how to state all the platitudes dont you?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:41 am

that's it......this thread has gone from toy concerns to political belly aching and soap box spouting.

FROM NOW ON ANY EVEN REMOTELY POLITICAL POST WILL BE DELETED....NOT EDITED, DELETED. REPEAT OFFENDERS WILL FACE AN IP BLOCK OF 60 DAYS FOR FIRST OFFENCE AND PERMANENT FOR SECOND OFFENCE.

I HAVE HAD IT WITH ALL THE POLITICAL BELLY ACHING ON HERE THESE DAYS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOUR GOVERNMENT IS DOING ITS JOB THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, THAT'S YOUR RIGHT AND FREEDOM FOR LIVING IN A DEMOCRACY..... BUT THE CONSTANT BITCHING ON HERE IS DONE PERMANENTLY.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...