21st Century 18th scale ME262 nightfighter question

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mosquitomania
Corporal
Corporal

21st Century 18th scale ME262 nightfighter question

Post by mosquitomania » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:19 am

I am thinking about getting a 21st Century 18th scale ME262 Nightfighter model. Can I get some opinions on this model, it looks really nice.
"Mossie Mike"

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: 21st Century 18th scale ME262 nightfighter question

Post by uksubs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:05 am

mosquitomania wrote:I am thinking about getting a 21st Century 18th scale ME262 Nightfighter model. Can I get some opinions on this model, it looks really nice.
Buy it ! :wink:

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 am

Mosquitomania, here's a detailed review and photos of the 21c ME-262B Nightfighter, meshed together from a couple different posts I made in a couple different threads dating from when the plane was first released. In short, it is certainly worth the purchase and I believe BadCat is having a sale on it through this Monday (June 16) 8)

This aircraft is very impressive, even moreso than the 21c ME-262-A1. The assembly is pretty much the same and the feel of the aircraft is heavy and solid. I still think 21c could have gotten by with making the wings and landing gear all one piece, as was done on the AT ME-262. It would make for much easier and less-risky assembly.

The basic moving features are all the same as the 21c ME-262A. Basically, they consist of all moving control surfaces, retractable landing gear, opening gun bays, optional ordinance, and the cockpit canopies. The cockpit detail is excellent, even in the radar operator's compartment. All instruments are painted as are minute lables you need a magnifying glass to see. The seats have cloth seatbeltsThe double opening canopies are a little stiff, so care must be used when opening them; they do close tight. The landing gear extend and retract well. They have support struts to lock them in place when extended. The ordinance can be switched out between bombs or drop tanks. Droptanks are the most accurate for this plane. JATO rocket tubes are also included and are optional.

The figures are largely identical. Although the faces are the same, the radar operator has colored eyebrows and a lighter skin complexion than the pilot, which has darker eyebrows and more of a tan. No different headsculpt, but 21c did attempt to make some variation. However, there is one little difference between the figures that is of great importance. The radar operator comes with two sets of legs like the Vietnam figures! The first set are non articulated and moulded in a "scrunched up" position so that the figure can fit in the rear seat. Spare articulated legs are included in the bag of parts.

The paintscheme is the best part of the plane. The underside is flat black with the upperside being the two-tone gray cammo. The dark gray spray looks very realistic and is quite well done. A very close inspection of the paint reveals the little nicks and dings that 21c planes always seem to have, but unless you look really close, they are not nearly as noticable as on other planes. The stenciling and national insignia are still painted on the black undersides.

I have been very pleased with this plane and would rate it as one of 21c's better aircraft in 1:18th scale. I give it high marks in the quality of construction and the paintscheme. All around, this is one cool release from 21c!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:23 pm

I've also considered getting this-and I will! It looks fantastic!
"The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main gun."

Major-General Heinz Guderian

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Two words: Get it!
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:25 pm

yeah this is a must have plane.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:02 am

I think that would look great with my other 262's, the only prob is financing right now. If you can get one...then get one, you wont be sorry.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:28 pm

As I implied above, this plane is a must! I actually like it better than the regular 21c ME-262A. Mine didn't seem to have the QC issues that the '262A did, and that annoying seam behind the cockpit. Plus, it is such a unique-looking plane :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:07 am

Get them both,,,I =don't have any QC issues with mine.
Last edited by VMF115 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:40 am

= 8)

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!