I know this is a Star Wars post but...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

I know this is a Star Wars post but...

Post by dandaman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:58 am

Have you ever had the urge to take a break from the historical 1/18 figures and go back to Star Wars for a little bit?

I'm talking about Star Wars army building of course.

It's weird, but I have a sudden urge to go to that off-the-beaten-path WalMart and buy up all their remaining Death Star Troopers.

Anybody ever feel like that?

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Happens from time to time, but XD always wins out for me.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Over the years I have collected a fair number of Stormtroopers and occasionally break them out and mix with XD stuff.

T
ImageImage

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:09 pm

It happens to me all the time :wink: That and GI Joe. Comparatively, however, both my Star Wars and GI Joe armies are smaller than my XD one, but I do branch out to those other lines. GI Joe and Star Wars figures tend to get stocked in a timely manner and in number. I CANNOT say the same for anything having to do with 21st Century Toys. They are sporadic at best. In recent months, I have emphasized the Star Wars and GI Joe collecting over the historical items for that reason.

I have collected Star Wars since the original line in the 1980s and within the past few years, there has been a ton of great figures and vehicles made by Hasbro for all the movies - especially the various Clone and Stormtroopers. My largest "army" would have to be Episode II clone troopers - most of which I collected within the past few months and use in my AT-TE walker and Republic Gunship craft.

Perhaps I should cut back on all this useless spending :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:10 pm

i have lots of star wars stuff. I go on binges, then lose interest, binge again etc.

No Joes though....i don't get the appeal of GI Joe at all.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:31 pm

tmanthegreat wrote: I have collected Star Wars since the original line in the 1980s...
So you're saying you skipped the product from 1978-1979?

Heck, I got my Kenner Early Bird set in February of 1978. I still have the little set of stickers that came with it.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:07 pm

No never ever.
I liked the movies but but never ever even had the urge to get anything related to Star Wars except a few movie stubs.
But Hans Solo's ray gun / Mauser-96 were pretty cool. I have one but with out the ray gun attachment . And mine is real.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:22 pm

Pickel, I've always wanted a Mauser 96. Can I borrow it? I liked them better than Lugers as a kid, but as time went on the Luger grew on me, but still, If it came to someone offering me one or the other, at a steal, I'd buy the Mauser, shoot him, and then take the Luger. Kidding... :twisted:
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:So you're saying you skipped the product from 1978-1979?
I wasn't born then :wink:

However, I from a very early age, I was a Star Wars nut. It was one of the few films I got to watch as a very young kid. Most of the now classic TV cartoons were off limits...

I got (or rather my parents got for me) a few of the items from the tail end of the line around 1985-86 or so. Specifically, I have the X-wing, A-wing pilot, B-wing pilot, R2D2, C-3P0, a Gamorrean guard and some other alien from Jabba's palace. Not much of a collection, but it is a little bit! My mom confiscated the aliens from kids at her school and then gave to me 8)

I actually do remember going into Toys R Us around the 1984-85 timeframe and seeing all the Star Wars ships, including the AT-AT, Falcon, Slave 1, B-wing, X-wing and others. One of my earliest memories that I can positively date... Funny how it has something to do with toys :wink:

I also remember seeing the figures and ships around 1986 at Pick 'n Save (now Big Lots) when shopping there with my mom. It was the usual I-want-that-but-you-can't-have-that thing. She still recalls that moment to this day, saying we should have gotten the figures and ships and stuck them away somewhere to appreciate in value...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 am

I began picking up SW stuff that I like in the last year and have spent a sh!tload of money on it. Sometimes I wish I had more will power but hey, it's Star Wars!

I have no interest in GI Joe but have picked up a few items, along with the Corp! for customs. In for a penny... :roll:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Yes, but...

Post by dandaman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am

Yes, but...do you fully grasp what it's like to see 7-10 Death Star Troopers warming the pegs, and wanting to put them all in your WalMart basket?

I'm specifically talking about the Death Star Trooper.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

DST

Post by dandaman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Death Star Trooper!

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:50 pm

SA STORMTROOPER! Now 8-10 of those I could see myself buying...
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:56 pm

yeah ive gone back to starwars after taking a break - found a bunch of pit droids and endor troopers at $1.00 each and the starwars bug was back.
I started early and had a huge vintage collection from complete POTF figure set with some carded and vehicles including a boxed sand skiff - sold everything and bought a wedding ring and car parts. POTF was easy with the different variations but now there is so much out there -I find myself holding three figures and thinking ok which one will I get - and what will be hard to find later - so thirty minutes later i buy all three no wait put one back and get two of them.....to many choices - too many comic packs and vehicles -
This new buikld a droid idea is awesome - love droids and picking up figures I already have to just finish off the droid.
I'm also done with GiJoe until the prices go back to 4.99. Sheesh 7.99 and up at most stores - Target just dropped to 6.89? but they were 4.99 at first.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Yeah, collected Star Wars since 95 when they started re-issuing them again. Have a lot of stuff. Just about every figure and ship. Too much really.

I don't find them as exciting as XD, and have bought most everything that came out when that first started. Along with many 1/6 scale vehicles and figures.
Sort of parallel collecting. As I get older the XD has more of my interest, as the appeal of Star Wars toys starts to wane.

I mean military toys are copies of things and real events and history.
Star Wars is something that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away removed from reality.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:34 am

Actually, it's a question of space(no pun intended :P )
Space is a premium here in a condo and yes, I'm taking a break from Army stuff to do trains. But my SW collection is all up for sale as soon as I get it ready and listed ;) I'm tired of the SW stuff, it takes up sooooo much room with ships in 16 different orange/apple boxes :shock: And I got 2 roll around tower storage bins full of figures. The best I can do with some of the human SW figures is chop their heads off and use them on the army figures :twisted:

Yep, I'm bored with the army stuff right now, partially due to the DELAY in new 1/18th WWII stuff that's SUPPOSE to come out. I really hate waiting, a couple months is one thing, but we're now taking like years for some 21st items :x Well, if anyone is looking for a particual SW figure(s) or ship(s) PM me and I think I can help you out :)

Da General

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Death Star Troopers

Post by dandaman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Have you ever gone into a KMart and seen a Death Star Trooper on clearance for $7 (yes, you read that right) and felt the need to give the figure a good home?

Have you ever gone into a WalMart and seen 5-6 Death Star Troopers towards the back of the newer figures, and felt the need to put them all in your cart?

I just can't get over this. There is something about seeing a Death Star Trooper on a peg in a KMart/WalMart/Target that is so...different. I don't think I've felt this way before about a SW figure. Can anyone relate?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:38 pm

my problem with the death star trooper is the paint apps to the face - his eyes are always rolling back as if shot by chewie on the deathstar. oh wel i still have a ton of them - some wms still have a few lwft as well as the storm stoopers - ill get a few

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 pm

I've noticed that some Targets have raised the prices on the Clone Wars figures to $8.49. What gives?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:08 pm

7.99 here - but at least this week prices are the same as WM - 6.48 or something -

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:42 pm

What gives?

Target's putting the screws to collectors as best they can. They think it's the hot property to milk for extra this year... So they're trying. They've been raping collectors for ages... It's their way.

Go to WM, they're cheaper there than anywhere else right now. I used the K-Mart $4.99 add to clean up on figures at WM. It was fantastic.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Question

Post by dandaman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Would anyone be offended if I bought up all the Death Star Trooper action figures within a 50-mile radius?

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:45 pm

I don't usually collect Star Wars figures. But I have noticed that every Princess Leia figure is different looking from the others. I wonder why they don't just make one figure and use it in all the sets for a little continuity(sp).