Tigers still bringing large dollars!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Tigers still bringing large dollars!

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Surfing around in ebay and I think there are more 21st Tigers there than I have seen in some time. Haven't tracked any of them to see exactly what they are ultimately selling for, but the beginning bids are all in the $70-$90 range. :shock: Seems a little higher than the average prices over the last several months.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:25 pm

i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Well, Christmas is coming. I was bidding on the panzer but it got too rich for my blood. :roll:
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:09 pm

i was lucky enough to snag one of these a couple of years ago for $50 from a guy in scotland who had a bunch of them. It's a nice piece but no way worth over $100. You could get an r/c panzer iv, make some skirts on your own and do a better paint job than the exclusive has.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm

True - I got one for about 80 bucks last year. just wanted one to squirrel away or give to a friend whos into this stuff as well.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:44 pm

I got my Panzer IV from my local Hobbytown USA store back when they were first released...

Funny to see the Tigers so expensive. There is more than one small retailer that is selling the "eastern front cammo" version for under $70. My local Hobbytown even has one in the winter scheme for around $57. It has never sold for some reason and I should just pick it up for that price :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 pm

I posted a while back ago that a shop here was selling them for $39.99 and nobody ever jumped on them.. I know he still has 6 or more left.
Oh well, its not Ebay.... :roll:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:51 pm

aferguson wrote:i was lucky enough to snag one of these a couple of years ago for $50 from a guy in scotland who had a bunch of them. It's a nice piece but no way worth over $100. You could get an r/c panzer iv, make some skirts on your own and do a better paint job than the exclusive has.
I got one from him as well.
That was cheaper than Bad Cat sold them for.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm

:shock: Holy cow! I think I would gladly part with mine for $200+ bones. I wonder if the guys buying these are speculators or simply collectors with deep pockets. I came late to the 1/18 game and missed all those TRU and WM sales where everyone got Panthers for pocket change, but I still have rarely paid more than retail for the pieces I have.

I did pay dearly for the two European PzIVs that I got, but was able to trade one for a P-38 and Sherman which I thought was pretty fair.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:56 pm

I bought the Eastern Front Tiger for $49 with free shipping not too long ago. They can still be had. Have the original one, but need the Winter one.

Got a few of the Panzers, two RC's and one non RC. Funny the non RC Panzer will go higher than an RC one. Don't have that Euro exclusive though.

The Panthers are fairly pricey now except for the latest one, well it's pricey to begin with.
The Winter version is fetching good prices, but not as much as the D-Day speckled one.
I managed to snag the Winter version before they dissapeared from retail.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:30 pm

I always wanted the european PZ IV but didn't really want to pay the high prices back then. I was hoping that 21st would release a version with the skirts, but that never happened, and now I don't have that much of a desire to add that piece of armour to my collection.