Embarassed to Buy

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 am

well... there's a register at the electronics area. every target has their toy section adjacent to the electronics area.

so you can always have your purchases done there. rather than walking all the way down the check out lane at the entrance.

just sayin.

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:33 am

The way I see it, I have no issues decorating my office at work with the stuff, so definitely no embarrassment in buying it. I have a big corner office and regularly have high-end client visitors, and having the "toy" collection on display usually serves as a great ice breaker/conversation starter. No one has ever had a negative reaction, even with my Admiral Me-262 hanging in the corner, swastika tail markers and all.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 am

Hell, I have to keep a low profile with my mom! "Yeah, it was on clearance..."
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:55 am

AlloySkull wrote:Hell, I have to keep a low profile with my mom! "Yeah, it was on clearance..."
Same deal bud... "Don't tell me you've bought more toys again, Ryan!"

Luckily my Dad is always there to back me up :)
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:53 pm

FieroDude wrote:The way I see it, I have no issues decorating my office at work with the stuff, so definitely no embarrassment in buying it. I have a big corner office and regularly have high-end client visitors, and having the "toy" collection on display usually serves as a great ice breaker/conversation starter. No one has ever had a negative reaction, even with my Admiral Me-262 hanging in the corner, swastika tail markers and all.
I think they are too afraid of you to make an issue of it …..j/k LOL :D :lol: :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:24 pm

A few weeks ago I had a vendor come in who spoke of his love of modelling and history. This was the same week BCA was shipping the new BBI 109 and I was so excited we had to pull it up on the computer and check it out. I haven't seen him again but I am pretty sure this guy will go nuts on the hobby.

Rob, if you are out there you own me one! :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tankgirl33
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by tankgirl33 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:47 am

Razor17019 wrote:I get looks like that ALL the time.
You just buy it and if some makes a comment, like "Oh, someone's gonna have a Great Birthday." You say, "Yes, they will." and walk out.

An older man outside of a Walmart once asked me if my planes could fly (my cart overflowing with Grey and White Stukas for 15.00 each). I told him, no these were model planes that didn't fly, but they should!

Don't worry about the looks and comments - you are buying 1/18 scale "toys" and LOVING IT! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whenever me and Tosborne3 go to Toys R us to buy him soldiers, the cashiers always ask if we need gift receipts, and Thern always says, "No thanks, they're for me anyway because I'm a big kid." They just laugh and don't say much else. Who cares what people think about this hobby? Some of the guys we work with have entire rooms dedicated to sports stuff, and they still have the nerve to say something about Thern's room. Hello??? It's the same thing!! I can picture all those guys going in their sports rooms playing with Brutus Buckeye. :D
Okay, you are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend NEAR 400 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!!!