Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:30 pm

You know, now that I've found the Last Crusade wave and have Young Indy, Older Indy, and Indy's dad, I just might have to get a Mutt Williams figure to complete the Jones family. I've already got Marion as well :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 am

From Smalljoes.com email:

GI JOE
======

A refresh assortment of GI JOE 3 3/4" figures has arrived which includes:

HISS driver, Rock n' Roll, Baroness, Flint (Tiger Force), Roadblock (v2),
and others.

More figures should be showing up this month so keep an eye on the site!

http://smalljoes.com/gi-joe-gijoe-action-figures.shtml

WHOLESALE / CLEARANCE SALE
==========================

We're offering a wholesale / clearance discount opportunity for some product
we have excess inventory of. Everything is deeply discounted to make room
for incoming products. This sale will run through the end of September or
while supplies last.

Indiana Jones - purchase all 3 3/4" product by the case for substantial
discounts.

Microman - major price drops for Magne Force, Material Force, and
Batman-themed figures. Solid-pack case purchases only.

Marvel Superhero Showdown - Doc Ock, Human Torch, and Spiderman/Thing figures
for sale in solid-pack cases of 12.

Corps! Special Forces - 24-figure case of these Lanard 3 3/4" action figures.

http://smalljoes.com/wholesale.shtml

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:05 am

Now wm & target need to put them on CLEARANCE so we can start seeing new figs.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 am

I've spotted some new IJ figs though they were not at WM. KB had them. Don't remember the names right off hand though.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm

From my Hasbro insider: No new Indiana Jones past Temple of Doom wave.

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/61850.shtml

I really wanted Toht.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:09 pm

very disappointing news.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Agreed on the disappointed but we really can't be surprised. The sad thing is if they had pointed this line at collectors more than kids they would have done much better.

Hasbro has said that Mutt is their second-best selling figure but what did they expect when they make up 33% of the first waves? When I look at IJ figures what I can't find is Russians and Germans. Wonder what would have happened if they had changed the box quantity? I bet there would be less Indys and Mutts on the shelves. :?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Stug45 wrote:Now wm & target need to put them on CLEARANCE so we can start seeing new figs.
I saw IJ figures discounted to $3 this weekend :shock:

Mutt Williams was certainly worth that price, and I picked up my first example :wink:

They were at a Wal Mart in Bakersfield, CA that I passed through while heading back home from southern California this weekend. This store is easily 110 miles from my area, so I can't really go back to reap the benefits, but perhaps other stores will begin following suit.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm

It's strange, but our local WM's still have a supply of IJ Russian and German soldiers. Not as popular I guess.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:53 pm

Hasbro single-handedly killed the line themselves with the worst case-packs I've seen in AGES. Since at least 2002's debacle with the AOTC movie line's release.

Just stupid... Still though, I'm glad to get what we got and now not have to worry about getting this stuff once the TOD wave comes.

Hasbro really did nothing to keep this line going though. I have no doubt Mutt is the 2nd best seller, I believe them on that completely, but you simply don't repack that figure in these future cases when there's a buttload of Mutt at every store you visit. YOu just don't do that. They almost seemingly wanted to end this line early.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Jesse James wrote:Hasbro single-handedly killed the line themselves with the worst case-packs I've seen in AGES... Just stupid... Still though, I'm glad to get what we got and now not have to worry about getting this stuff...
Agreed! I am glad we got what we did, except for the two Mutt variations and how many Indy figures, many of which were nearly identical? The figures from the line are some of the best Hasbro has produced in my opinion. I loved the "normalcy" of the subjects used. How often are you going to get an action figure line that includes Arabs with swords, a woman with frying pan, a professor and Boy Scout among its other offerings? Not very often :wink:

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:46 pm

I've been seeing the machine gun Indy's all over the place now, and today I finally ran across the young indiana jones. I didn't buy him however because for one he was 9.99 at KB and I'm actually more interested in getting Indy's father, Elsa and the german commander. But honestly I have given up on the IJ line because of the difficulty in finding the figures. Hopefully target comes out with that set of the tank scene, then I will get Indy's dad and the german commander. But honestly I really don't care anymore. But just thought I would share the news. BTW, if anyone wants that young Indy and is in the columbus area it is at Tuttle Mall KB toystore. So happy hunting. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

canvas

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:01 am

My contact in USA has found a cloth covered IJ truck and in the process of sending to me in Australia. There was only one, which makes me think it is being released in limited quantity. Just a heads up for anyone who may be interested.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 am

Cloth covered IJ truck???? That's definitely a surprise!!! Gotta keep an eye out for them.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 am

Is it in a different box then the regular IJ Truck?
or say, "NEW! now with CLOTH TOP!!!"
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 am

WM near work filled the IJ reduced ($5.44) section with Last Crusade figures. They had Vogel, Elsa, Henry, Grail knight, Young Indy, Indy. I picked uo a couple extras if anyone needs them.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:29 am

That's cool and will prompt me to now look for some of these tonight maybe. Thanks for the tip... Las tnight they had nada, but maybe tonight. I still need Vogel, Elsa, and Dr. Jones Sr. yet. Would kinda dig a second of each for customizing so I hope I run into something like you found out your way man. :)
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:13 pm

i don't understand how hasbro can be claiming low sales for the IJ line and yet tons of people can't find the figures they want. In canada we still haven't seen anything passed the first series Raiders and a handful of crystal skull figures. No russians to be seen. And nothing since the first wave of crystal skull.

Maybe if the figures were available more generally, sales would be better. Right? Hasbro seems to have no problem distributing their star wars figures so what's the deal with IJ?

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:50 pm

aferguson wrote:i don't understand how hasbro can be claiming low sales for the IJ line and yet tons of people can't find the figures they want. In canada we still haven't seen anything passed the first series Raiders and a handful of crystal skull figures. No russians to be seen. And nothing since the first wave of crystal skull.

Maybe if the figures were available more generally, sales would be better. Right? Hasbro seems to have no problem distributing their star wars figures so what's the deal with IJ?
The problem is horrendous case assortments. After the first waves (ROTLA and KOTCS), they continued to repack IJ and Mutt (and others) with the Last Crusade figures. Instead of cases of all new figures, the case pack would be one set of new figures and the rest repacks of figures thatg were already on the pegs in abundance. And to make it even worse, revised cases of last Crusade figures had some of the Last Crusade figures replaced by yet more Mutts and Indys from the first wave.

Hasbro is to blame for the problems with this line. They killed it, not stores or consumers.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:15 pm

Yeah, and down here you honestly can find just about ANY figure you want a WM too... Canada's never really a good litmus test of what's going on down here. :(

I know for a while the Russians were scarce, now you can get them easily. I know the guy with the blow gun from Crystal Skull was "rare" at one time as well and now he's easily gotten (and maybe the best custom fodder IMO). Motorcycles once rare, now everywhere... Etc.

Add in then what was said above, and you've got a glut of Mutt's and Indy's (RPG, CS, and RotLA), which I have no doubt Hasbro was honest and that Mutt and Indy sold the best... But two Mutt's was too mcuh and Hasbro made NO effort to put out revision cases and stop shipping the repacked Indy's and Mutts. You've got an MP40 Indy in that TLC wave anyway so no need for ROTLA and KOTCS Indy's... And Mutt, while I'm sure he shipped well, there were two damn figures of him that Hasbro admitted they should've gone with one... Well stop shipping ANY Mutt! You have a lot out there now, regardless of how well it sold at one point.

TLC's trickling out a bit but I'm more concerned (well, I'm desperate for the last TLC figures I need too) about the Temple of Doom wave right now. It's starting to ship out to small retailers, and I'm not caught up from the last round. :(

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:37 am

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:32 pm

The problem with the Indiana Jones line is that all vendors (including the majors) bet big on the line and ordered a lot of product initially, then the movie turned out to be a turd and the consumer at large is not as interested in this product as retailers had hoped. Now, all retailers are stuck with an excessive amount of the first few case assortments (Raiders and Crystal Skull figures).

In my case, I had to CANCEL 100% of all future IJ orders due to the massive debacle this has turned into. I am sure that many other vendors are in similar shape.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Shelves are packed

Post by dandaman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 am

Even with the recent rollbacks to $5.44 each, the Indy line is still not moving.

There are so many Indy figures on the shelves. I wonder when they're going to really slash the prices so that they'll start to move?

More trucks have been showing up on the shelves too. I'm not sure if they are the canvas top or not, but they're not moving either. And they're still full price.

That mail-away crystal skull figure promotion ends in October I believe. It would be nice if they slashed some Indy prices so we can send off for some more of those things.

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:14 pm

The canvas top truck has a different picture on the box. It has a Cairo henchman riding on the truck. It is easy to distinguish the two.

I also have seen the Aktor playset at Wal-Mart.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 pm

it's probably the christmas stock starting to arrive. The christmas season is the IJ line's last chance to be saved.