PTE arrivals at Big Lots

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 am

aferguson wrote:sears canada? I go to sears quite a bit and have never seen any PTE stuff there. Maybe it's new for them or maybe it's online only.

Interesting, thanks.
According to the PTE website, Sears Canada has been a PTE retailer in the past so it's probably online only. This is what the website lists (as of 2004 of course) for Canadian retailers:

Costco Wholesale, Giant Tiger, Hart Dept Stores, Sears, The Bargain Shop, Toy Galaxy, TRU, Walmart

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 pm

I WANT the desert playset!!!!!!!!!!!
But...I just checked the USA Sears Website and...nothin.... :cry: :cry:

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14 pm

passed by another Big Lots tonight.

saw the same stuff: Combat Heli ($12.99), box figure ($3), 3 pack figure ($5). and the latest addition... the look out tower ($10).

wasn't the look out tower only $9 last year?

but anyways, it looks like the PTE stuff is slowly creeping in stores.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:01 am

I think the Tower was $8 at Big Lots last year. I could be mistaken though. I purchased some from KB Outlet and some from Big Lots for sale on eBay and I'm fairly certain they were $8 from one of those retailers. Big Lots has usually been a little cheaper than KB in the past. If I remember correctly the smaller sets like the tent & campfire set and the motorcycle w/ sidecar were about $5 at KB and about $4 at Big Lots last year.

BTW for anyone that might not have purchased any of these PTE items here's a link with reviews for some of the 1/18 sets:
http://www.generalsjoes.com/reviews/pte.html

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:00 am

I'm hopeful that $3 figure sets and the 3-packs show up here... Those would be nice finds for me. So far, we're just HOwitzers and Towers.

I believe towers were $9.00 or $10.00 last year.

I got a few towers so far, and that's fine if that's all I can find, but I really would like some 3-packs with hedgehogs in them. I remain hopeful.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Bryce
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 am

and the F-18?

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Jesse James wrote:I'm hopeful that $3 figure sets and the 3-packs show up here... Those would be nice finds for me. So far, we're just HOwitzers and Towers.

I got a few towers so far, and that's fine if that's all I can find, but I really would like some 3-packs with hedgehogs in them. I remain hopeful.
You're probably right. I checked my eBay records and all the tower sets I sold were in late 2006 so that must have been the year that they were $8. I guess a $1 a year price increase isn't so bad considering all the bad news we've been hearing about increases in manufacturing and shipping costs. Even if they were $15 the tower sets would be a good value for the money.
Last edited by kduck on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Jesse James wrote:I'm hopeful that $3 figure sets and the 3-packs show up here... Those would be nice finds for me. So far, we're just HOwitzers and Towers.

ME TOO!!
I want more figures from ya!! :wink:
:D

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:28 am

i saw this one today at TRU store

for $39.99.

i guess i'll have to go back today and get it.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Cool looking set! But I think it's Chap Mei, not Power Team.

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:38 pm

does anyone know if Big Lots ever released those SWAT and/or Firefighter vehicles?

i've seen only figures and those 3packs but not vehicles. it's like big lots only pushed for the military line (ie. abrams, dune buggies, hummers, etc.)

and i haven't seen any new 1/6 scale pte stuff. not that i collect them but i know some folks asking me, since they also collect the 1/6 scale of Joes (sideshow i think).

GSgtHartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GSgtHartman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 am

topnotch97 wrote:does anyone know if Big Lots ever released those SWAT and/or Firefighter vehicles?

i've seen only figures and those 3packs but not vehicles. it's like big lots only pushed for the military line (ie. abrams, dune buggies, hummers, etc.)
Can only speak for the Big Lots I've visited in Hbg, PA and Ral/Durham, NC but have only ever seen the PTE SWAT and Firefighter figure packs (3-packs and deluxe single packs).

Have never seen SWAT/Firefighter vehicles for sale in Big Lots or Eckerd (now Rite-Aid). Only PTE SWAT vehicles I've seen available anywhere were online (SWAT Humvee with the twin-handle pintle-mount M-60.)

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 am

All the big lots did their resets in my area, they have tons of towers.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:53 am

so is anyone seeing swat/firefighter figures this year?
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:00 am

Towers galore here as well, but not much in way of figure sets, which is disappointing. I like me some towers, but man that's almost all we have here. A few howitzers too, but nothing else I've seen thus far. No planes, copters, Humvees, single deluxe packs, 3-packs, tanks, etc.

Bummer.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:36 pm

I've now been checking a few of my local Big Lots. Same story with all the towers. My local stores also seem to have some of the figure sets and I've also spotted the Desert Patrol Buggy and Littlebird as well as a few of the smaller vehicle sets. No hummers, tanks, boats or planes at the moment.

What did suprise me, however, were the 1:6 figures. They have been stocked before, but this time around I took a closer look at them. One can't go wrong with the $10 individual figures and the $30 larger sets are a steal as well. The uniforms are as good as the ones made by Hasbro for the collector series GI Joe figures, and the figures are superior to the recent 12" Joe figures, and cost $5 less. Obviously, these are not Dragon or DID quality, but are extremely nice for $10 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 am

For a really great 1/6 PTE deal check out this online exclusive set from JC Penny that's been marked down to $19.99:

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?De ... d=EXTERNAL

I don't know how much the shipping is but if it's under $10 then that's still a good deal.

kevrut

Post by kevrut » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:30 pm

My "BL" has the guard towers, helicopters, horses, camels, and Howitzers.

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:13 pm

kevrut wrote:My "BL" has the guard towers, helicopters, horses, camels, and Howitzers.
Same in my AO.

I had purchased a Tower last year and it is awesome. I picked up some of the figure sets and a couple of the horses. Great stuff in my opinion. The drums and crates really do help round out dio's. Now I just have to find a cart or wagon for the horses.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:17 pm

BTW has anybody bought or seen the bridge that is seen on the back of the figure sets. The jeep that comes with the bridge set looks awesome as well.

Now if PTE will just buy the Huey molds from 21st Century. :D

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:30 pm

cranedriver wrote:BTW has anybody bought or seen the bridge that is seen on the back of the figure sets. The jeep that comes with the bridge set looks awesome as well.

Now if PTE will just buy the Huey molds from 21st Century. :D
The bridges were out last Christmas. I have one. The set cost 30.00 last year. I really like the bridge. The jeep is less detailed version of the 21stC Mutt w/ M60. If the set comes out again this year, it's really worth getting. It has some figures, weapons and I think some other smaller items.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I had always turned my nose up at PTE. This year, having been bitten by the XD bug pretty badly I have paid closer attention to them. I absolutely love the camel and horse (much cheaper than the IJ) and the frogmen are absolutely fabulous. I picked up a Little Bird which I think is almost as good as the BBI version and would love to find more.

Is everything shown on the back of the box in production still and I haven't found it yet? I would love to get the boat and motorcycle. 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:46 am

olifant wrote:I had always turned my nose up at PTE. This year, having been bitten by the XD bug pretty badly I have paid closer attention to them. I absolutely love the camel and horse (much cheaper than the IJ) and the frogmen are absolutely fabulous. I picked up a Little Bird which I think is almost as good as the BBI version and would love to find more.

Is everything shown on the back of the box in production still and I haven't found it yet? I would love to get the boat and motorcycle. 8)
Looks like JCPenney is the place to find the boat and motorcycle-but you have to buy the sets to get those. LOTS of stuff in those sets-and the price isn't bad either!!

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 am

Yes I have been debating pulling the trigger on the JCPenney setd myself. Lots of stuff plus I love that building.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm pretty sure the bridges were less than $30... It hought they were anyway. I got like 3 of them. I think the house was $30, which I bought a couple of those too.

I wish I could find 3-packs with the hedgehog. I love the hedgehogs and would love about a dozen more of the damn things. I like the tank set actually cause you get two and I use the tank for SW customs but that's been nowhere to be found this year either.

Towers rock, don't get me wrong, but they're about all I can find, haha.