Walmart OWES us BIGTIME!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Walmart OWES us BIGTIME!

Post by holensock » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:04 pm

Ok, it looks like Walmart won their 'toy war' of putting toy stores out of business...KB...soon TRU...and with Walmart having only a few aisles devoted to toys, and practically NOTHING for us-or very very little to choose from, I think they owe us by opening their own toy stores. They're doing it with groceries, so why not toys? But...our luck will be the same with any 1/18...very very limited product...sigh.....

Sentinel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sentinel » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:42 pm

I'll sign that petition!

It actually gets better the more you think about it. . . . :lol:

vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:45 pm

Actually it's not for lack of product, it's lack of distribution. Uneven distribution is the downfall and downright frustrating! I'm starting to notice the same thing with Target as the stores in my area quit stocking the MB planes but they seem to be everywhere else. It would be nice if another toy chain started but don't see it happening as WM would smother them in no time.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:00 pm

vmf214 wrote:Actually it's not for lack of product, it's lack of distribution. Uneven distribution is the downfall and downright frustrating! I'm starting to notice the same thing with Target as the stores in my area quit stocking the MB planes but they seem to be everywhere else. It would be nice if another toy chain started but don't see it happening as WM would smother them in no time.
Distribution is HORRIBLE! I also collect the 40th Anniversary GI Joes and you can't find them ANYWHERE around me! And when you do, there's only one of each on the shelf-then they're gone! Online stores are looking better every time! I just hate those shipping charges...

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:08 pm

Yeah, I've relied heavily on online retailers this past year for XD. I got burned out on the "thrill of the hunt" with the Razorbacks. For me, a higher price online with shipping is still cheaper than gas when you're searching 2 dozen stores in 3 states as I do (did). Only drawback is when the parcel carrier dings them up or you get a bad pick from where you ordered it...

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Walmart OWES us BIGTIME!

Post by coreystinson » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:20 pm

holensock wrote:Ok, it looks like Walmart won their 'toy war' of putting toy stores out of business...KB...soon TRU...and with Walmart having only a few aisles devoted to toys, and practically NOTHING for us-or very very little to choose from, I think they owe us by opening their own toy stores. They're doing it with groceries, so why not toys? But...our luck will be the same with any 1/18...very very limited product...sigh.....
Once Wal-Mart puts all the other stores out of business they'll be the only game in town - imagine the wonderful selection of product we'll all have then. Only thing on the shelves is the lowest-common-denominator product.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Walmart OWES us BIGTIME!

Post by holensock » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:23 am

coreystinson wrote:
holensock wrote:Ok, it looks like Walmart won their 'toy war' of putting toy stores out of business...KB...soon TRU...and with Walmart having only a few aisles devoted to toys, and practically NOTHING for us-or very very little to choose from, I think they owe us by opening their own toy stores. They're doing it with groceries, so why not toys? But...our luck will be the same with any 1/18...very very limited product...sigh.....
Once Wal-Mart puts all the other stores out of business they'll be the only game in town - imagine the wonderful selection of product we'll all have then. Only thing on the shelves is the lowest-common-denominator product.
Or as we find out, no product for us at all! Thank goodness for online stores like yours, Corey! I plan on doing more shopping with you soon!

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:42 am

WalMart is out to put the other guys out of business, this is true. But KB and TRU ultimately failed because they both started offering nothing but cheesy crap (not to mention very few discounts). Imagine that, people won't buy crap! What is the toy industry coming to?

mburduck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mburduck » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:16 am

Yeah, if Wal-Mart opened up a toys only store that might work out well for us, but I have a hunch we'd better be prepared to stick with our online retailers.

There's just something about Wal-Mart....

Mike

Powerteamusa.com
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Powerteamusa.com » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:33 am

It's only going to get worse with Walmart folks..sad to say, but true.

I think the future of toys will indeed lie with online retailers unless TRU can step up to face the challenge but that will mean the backing of new investors and major changes. Even then, I don't you will see much as far as military toys just due to the state of the world.

I buy all my Joes from gijoehq.com and rarely even see Joes at retail anymore, much less any other product like ours.

Walmart is killing retail as a whole.

Brian
Your exclusive source for the full line of Powerteam Military, SWAT & Fire acton figures, vehicles, playsets & accesories in both 3 3/4" & 12" scale.

Do YOU have The Power?

www.powerteamusa.com

dangaroo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dangaroo » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:38 am

[/quote]
I agree there is something about Walmart.
Danny