XD 2-Packs

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Not a problem, if they are there that is cool with me I learned long ago you will never get rich by selling toys. I auctioned the three newest figures off on ebay and they sold for just over retail. There is a lot of underhanded bidding on ebay that makes things seem to be worth more than they are. I had 10 watchers on these figures so the interest is lacking in my book.

I have no need for the 2-packs myself they are for a good buddy of mine in Florida. Since you will be there this weekend to get them I might let you play easter egg hunt. 'lol' Frozen XD anyone :D
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Tongue in Cheek

Post by dandaman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm

My last comments were a bit Tongue in Cheek. I do plan to go back and purchase some 2 packs, but I doubt that I will clear out their inventory. Or even come close for that matter.

Did you notice how weird that particular WalMart was set up? The toy aisles were smack dab in the middle of the store. Very odd if you ask me.

And they sure had a lot of toys for a tiny podunk town in the middle of nowhere.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:39 pm

What I really want to know about these XD 2 packs, is why they HAVE NOT been spotted in any of the western states. The figures, as well as a number of other items, have been found in rural and urban areas from Pennsylvania to Georgia to Oklahoma, but no where west of that, at least as far as has been reported on this board. WHAT GIVES???

I do not really want the packs anyways, but use these and other items as a gague for distribution patterns and speed. Star Wars and Indiana Jones products have no problem crossing the country in days, but the 21c figure packs have taken months and months. It really annoys me and I could hardly give a care about ANYTHING new 21c is making or planning to make as I know my chances of seeing it are far to slim. Quite frankly, I simply wish 21c would simply fold and go away rather than put up with all its silliness :?

There, I said it :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:26 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:What I really want to know about these XD 2 packs, is why they HAVE NOT been spotted in any of the western states. The figures, as well as a number of other items, have been found in rural and urban areas from Pennsylvania to Georgia to Oklahoma, but no where west of that, at least as far as has been reported on this board. WHAT GIVES???

I do not really want the packs anyways, but use these and other items as a gague for distribution patterns and speed. Star Wars and Indiana Jones products have no problem crossing the country in days, but the 21c figure packs have taken months and months. It really annoys me and I could hardly give a care about ANYTHING new 21c is making or planning to make as I know my chances of seeing it are far to slim. Quite frankly, I simply wish 21c would simply fold and go away rather than put up with all its silliness :?

There, I said it :wink:
:shock: HERETIC! :twisted:

I would really like to get my hands on the two packs, especially the camo SS figures. I love that they are being clearanced off for $7 each when I would gladly pay full price for them. Go figure... :?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Well dandaman you get another crack at them I won't be back in Texas till after the weekend. That doesn't mean I won't be scouring other Southern Wal-Marts as I travel down the road. :D

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Fun

Post by dandaman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 pm

There is something fun about stocking up on XD figures. I mean like, hoarding them.

Don't you agree?

It's fun to get multiples of the same figure and stock them away for a rainy day.

No?

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:06 am

No! I get what I need and leave the rest for others.
Last edited by normandy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:39 am

There are no more two packs in Tyler. I checked all 3 Wal-Marts and they don't have anymore. Two of the store did have the three newest figures though.

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Wow somebody bought a lot of figures with horrible paint apps. Oh well no big deal I am seeing the newer figures popping up at more and more Wal-Marts (Ruston, LA Monroe,LA and Brookhaven,MS).

Just wanted to ask a general question to all. The Wal-Marts I have been to this week have been stripping there toy shelves and re-organizing for Christmas I presume and I see lots of things being placed in buggies and marked as overstock, I saw a whole cart of IJ stuff today like that. Just what happens to overstock. I actually saw a few XD figures clearanced at one Wal-Mart for $4 (mostly Platoon but I did get a Max Rode for $4 :D )

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Hard to Believe

Post by dandaman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

CrazyinTexas wrote:There are no more two packs in Tyler. I checked all 3 Wal-Marts and they don't have anymore. Two of the store did have the three newest figures though.
I find this very hard to believe. There was an insane amount of 2 packs there. Not only were they in the center aisle, but they were at the very end of the aisle as well.

But if this is true, it's kind of sad. Because I'm sure the intent was to sell on eBay at triple the price. I'm glad I picked up the ones I did.

P.S. I think I spooked someone into panic mode with my earlier comments about grabbing them all up. I think it would have been funny to see that person scurrying about, loading up their cart at a frantic pace. :lol:

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Yeah that would have been a buggy load for sure.

Dandaman I will be back in your AO on Monday and I am gonna try and catch a Rangers game Monday night. So hide the women and children and keep your XD close. :D

Jus kiddin I am actually all caught up at the moment for myself on the new XD. I will stop and check out the Wal-Mart in Tyler for myself I hate to see them all gone because for once I was at a store that had more XD than anything else..... Well except for the Patton Musuem in Fort Knox, KY now that place has it all. Just pricey but better than ebay!!!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Yeah...

Post by dandaman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:05 pm

cranedriver wrote:Jus kiddin I am actually all caught up at the moment for myself on the new XD. I will stop and check out the Wal-Mart in Tyler for myself I hate to see them all gone because for once I was at a store that had more XD than anything else.....
Yeah, I'm caught up on the XD as well, so I'll be taking a break for a while with the purchasing. I'm interested in hearing what you find at that Tyler WalMart. If all those 2 packs are really gone, then...wow. Just, wow. That's the equivalent of cleaning out a KB's XD inventory in one fell swoop. That's intense.

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:51 pm

I talked to stockers in all 3. They were clueless about what I was talking about. I did check the clearance sections too. I was pissed to say the least after driving 2 hours. All 3 stores were redoing the toy sections today, maybe they pulled them all and put them in the back. Which one had them? The one on Hwy 64, or Hwy 69, or the one on Troup Hwy?

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

!!!

Post by dandaman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm

CrazyinTexas wrote:I talked to stockers in all 3. They were clueless about what I was talking about. I did check the clearance sections too. I was pissed to say the least after driving 2 hours. All 3 stores were redoing the toy sections today, maybe they pulled them all and put them in the back. Which one had them? The one on Hwy 64, or Hwy 69, or the one on Troup Hwy?
:shock: Cranedriver: CrazyInTexas doesn't know! Does this mean that the 2 packs are safe?!? No one has touched them yet?!?

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:13 am

What does that mean?????

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:12 am

LOL

I don't know but I know how them Texans get riled up....

The Wal-mart I am speaking of is right of Hwy 20 here is the address:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #3764
105 Centennial Blvd
Lindale, TX 75771
(903) 882-0740

So actually its Lindale,TX so I stand corrected. I only see one other Wal-Mart actually in Tyler but I have never been there.

Sorry on the mix up.

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:21 am

It's OK. DandaMan helped me out. I drove back down there AGAIN. I got 6 dual packs: 1 DAK, 4 German D-Day, and 1 German-American. Worth the trip IMO. All I saw left were the DAK's with about 4-5 and the Vietnam with about 6-8. I asked the toy department person and she said that was all they had left.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Dude.

Post by dandaman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:04 pm

CrazyinTexas wrote:It's OK. DandaMan helped me out. I drove back down there AGAIN. I got 6 dual packs: 1 DAK, 4 German D-Day, and 1 German-American. Worth the trip IMO. All I saw left were the DAK's with about 4-5 and the Vietnam with about 6-8. I asked the toy department person and she said that was all they had left.
Dude! Was that really necessary to pick up 4 German D-Day packs?!? Jeez!

Just kidding. Just out of curiosity, how far are you driving? All the way from Dallas? If so, that's hardcore collecting if you ask me. That's a drive!

Also, I thought I would point out that I have been to a couple local WalMarts and there are no more XD on the shelves. The XD pegs themselves are gone. What's happening?!?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:22 pm

I drove 50 miles on wednesday to a wm they had 2 pegs full of Brunos and one peg full of the german two packs,i got all the two packs 8) they were on sale for $7 can't pass that up.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:35 pm

I drove down there from Plano. About 4hrs round trip plus $50 in gas. GMC says the new Sierras get 20MPG HWY but not at 80MPH. The Wal-Marts I frequent still have XD, just nothing new.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Guys?

Post by dandaman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Guys...what with this Roy Sutherland news...what are you going to do as far as the Tyler WalMart goes?

Guys?

GUYS?!?

Great, they're already in their cars, heading down I-20.

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:17 pm

LOL

I was there this afternoon and they still had DAK 2-packs and Brunos and DAK Single packs. A few VN 2-packs.

I bought a couple of the DAK 2-packs and left everything else. I don't believe this store has gone through a reset yet so for you local guys keep a watch out for when they clearance this stuff. It's coming!!!

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

dual packs

Post by memaddog » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:22 am

Hi,
Got mine in Jefferson City, Tn. yesterday for $4 each, bought all of them! There were 2 Waffen SS Packs, 1 American & German Pack, the rest were Africa Corp. I didn't really need them, but for $4 it would be crazy to leave them!!!! I don't know if they are going to have anymore that are stashed away in the back of the store or not! WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!
memaddog

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:13 am

Wow... Dual packs already being discounted and they haven't even made it to the western states :roll:

I am so glad 21c might fold as those XD dreamlands in the south and midwest will finally not get anything new and learn about what it is like to live in the better parts of the country with our lack of XD :twisted:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Comment

Post by dandaman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:32 am

I will say this about the 2 packs: they are awesome. Particularly the German D-Day 2-pack. I was swapping a lot of the heads, helmets, caps, etc. and discovered that there are limitless combinations for customization on these guys. More so than say, the Afrika Korps 2-pack, because after a while some of those guys look the same. There's just something about those different camo patterns with the different helmets and the caps. Amazing.