Skyworks Me 163

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Skyworks Me 163

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Received my SW 002 Me 163 today.

Very Nice, it even survived the UPS guy!
I'll post some pictures soon as I get my camera back from storage.

A few minor improvements can be made,
1) I would like to have the tailwheel spin on a metal pin/shaft instead of being glued on. I can redo that.
2) Same thing with trolley main wheels, my trolley didn't survive being accidently swept off the kitchen counter. Both wheels came off the glue join. My fix will be to use some of those small hex head bolts and drill the wheel, thread the bolt into the trolley and use a piece of brass/alum tubing as bushing.

Not sure if the canopy is supposed to come off?

DH

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Sounds cool, can we see some pictures of it?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Skyworks Me 163

Post by donnieboy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Hey scbvideoboy: I just got my 1:18 Me-163 Komet from Skyworks Toys. I was stunned by its overall quality and accuracy. The paint job (White 18) was beyond beautiful, and the model's shape and scaling were spot-on. I really liked the inclusion of the trolley wheels, and the little propeller generator on the nose. The canopy was nicely-molded and clear. I thought this plane was worth the $350 and then some, considering poor Jack Plonka is a one-man operation who can't bang out thousands of copies at a crack. Each model is obviously hand-crafted. If you have any issues with your Komet, drop Jack a line at Skyworks Toys, and he'll meet your concerns on the next one!
Meanwhile, enjoy your Komet!
Donnieboy
Go Starbuck!