POST K. B. Toys Finds

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Did wm ever carry the fallschirmjager figures? i hope they did then maybe will see them at kb. I wonder if will see the D-Day & Wermacht figs.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

digger

fj

Post by digger » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:24 pm

Stug45 wrote:Did wm ever carry the fallschirmjager figures? i hope they did then maybe will see them at kb. I wonder if will see the D-Day & Wermacht figs.
No, unless you count the Wenzel that was a pack in for a while. So funny that Fj hung around forever both in stores and online. It seems demand almost always comes around..

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:29 am

To continue the thread tangent...
It looks like the 3 of us have the city surrounded. Jesse James the east, ww2buff the south and I have the north and west from Beaver County
Hey don't forget about me!!! I live in the North Hills and cover that area as well as the extended northern suburbs. I used to know no bounds as far as roving for XD was concerned, but $4 a pop gasoline bursted that bubble.

Here's my report...the KayBee at the Grove City outlet mall had two pegs full of figures...three japanese and the rest OMG. As I was looking for German tankers, I didn't pick any up.

Now there's officially four of us in the area. OWWW!

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 am

Stug45 wrote:Did wm ever carry the fallschirmjager figures? i hope they did then maybe will see them at kb. I wonder if will see the D-Day & Wermacht figs.
You are going back about 8 years there, before Wal-mart carried XD. I remember seeing end caps full of Paratroopers & Fallschirmjagersback in the day at TRU. If I knew that it wouldn't have lasted I might have got more. These figures even hit the clearance which is rare for anything good to be clearanced at TRU unless it is 10 years old or something like that it seems.
momaw nadon

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Nice, 4 of us... Wow.

I think we're a club now, but I'm not sure.

I nominate myself president, and our first order of business is... Well, I dunno, but we're a club. I'll try to make sure I alert any finds on XD stuff to you guys now that I know you exist.

When the toy show moves to Harmar area, we're going to Primanti's there... Still has beer (not a micro-brew like John Harvard's, but we'll live), better food.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

JamesW
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JamesW » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 am

Checked KB @ Vacaville outlets in Northern Cali. plenty of OMG and japanese figures at 3/9.98.

Thanks for the tip gentlemen!

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 am

i don't i've seen anything decent at my KB store. not even those that have mentioned.

lucky guys.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:57 am

Sure wish they'd put these on their web site. The KB's here are about an hour away. Probably KB is thinking they'd rather get me inside their store. Okay. But I'd still only spend what money I have on these guys...sigh...

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:31 am

Jesse James wrote:Nice, 4 of us... Wow.

I think we're a club now, but I'm not sure.

I nominate myself president, and our first order of business is... Well, I dunno, but we're a club. I'll try to make sure I alert any finds on XD stuff to you guys now that I know you exist.

When the toy show moves to Harmar area, we're going to Primanti's there... Still has beer (not a micro-brew like John Harvard's, but we'll live), better food.
Mmmmmmm....Primanti's! I just had a Cap 'n Cheese on Monday. I work downtown and have a few that I can hit anytime.
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:06 am

I'm going to see if I can get to mine perhaps today or tomorrow and I'll let you guys know what I find. Since mine is in a mall, my Target run the other day that I had planned to throw KB into didn't work too well as KB closes at 6 PM with the rest of the mall on Sunday, so hopefully today or tomorrow I can get to KB Toys. I'm also going to try for Target but you 1:18 guys don't care for what I'm looking for there. :P

I really hope I happen upon some good figs, as I only have two BOTB and no OMG. The rest of my figs have been later releases. I really love my BOTB guys, absolutely amazing stuff! The tanker I got at a local hobby shop, and I found a machine gunner recently at a random Wal-Mart. Even my dad said "wow!" at the 3 for $9.98 figure prices. :D So I'm hoping I'll fair better than I have anywhere else lately. Like I said I'll let ya'll know if I find anything.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm

The Japanese figures are great my favorite has to be Lt. watanabe.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Wish the US Marines had the same articulation as the Japanese figures. The US Marines, IMO, have the best 'battle worn' face sculpts!

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:54 pm

I don't collect the U.S.M.C. figs but I have picked up a few just for the head sculpts. I'm with ya Holensock, they look great.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh happy day!!!! Just got back from TRU $ KBtoys and scored the Dak artillary guy and some German riflemen with the second prone position heads at TRU. And at KB I had picked up a couple of American D-day guys and headed for the checkout. The clerk asked me if I found everything I was looking for and I said "Do you have any more of these laying around in the back?" To my suprise and shock he said"Why yes we do, wait here". :shock: Tankgirl and I waited and my eyes alit when he carried THREE cases from the rear room."You gan go through these" he stated puting them on the counter and opening the boxes.....WHOOOO HOOOOO. Got me some more Germans in the long coats and a couple of the tankers for customising. SCORE!!!!! :D :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Question for the clerk

Post by dandaman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:28 pm

I wonder if anyone has gotten even more daring and asked the clerk, "Is it possible to discount these figures even further? Perhaps a buy 1 get 1 free promotion?"

Ah, to live in the wonderland.

Stug45

Re: Question for the clerk

Post by Stug45 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:56 am

dandaman wrote:I wonder if anyone has gotten even more daring and asked the clerk, "Is it possible to discount these figures even further? Perhaps a buy 1 get 1 free promotion?"

Ah, to live in the wonderland.
Dandaman kbs in your area are still not carrying them yet??

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 am

The clerks at KB's in my AO think these 21st XD JUST came out. When I tell them they've out for a while now, I get this strange look :shock: from them.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:38 am

Went to the kb with the 134 figs there was only 20 left, has everyones kbs selling out? i hope they get in the japanese Series 1 & 3 figs.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

DFW Update

Post by dandaman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:34 pm

Here's a Dallas/Fort-Worth Update for you.

In the one KB that I know about (sadly the rest have closed) I found tons of Market Garden, Japanese, and Battle of the Bulge guys.

No US Marines whatsoever.

I talked with the clerk and they said that this was "a brand new shipment" and "some guy came in about a week ago and almost cleared them out". Oh yeah, and that they were "selling like hotcakes".

I probably showed up at a perfect time. From the looks of it, they were in the process of unboxing a ton of the "new shipment". These figures were all over the place. There was even a shallow box on the floor with miscellaneous BOTB and OMG figures in it.

Needless to say, I purchased 20 figures on the spot. I would like to go back when I get the chance to pick up more Japanese infantry and more Germans with the long coat. These figures are great.

It's sad that there are no US marines though...

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 pm

Keep checking. They restock regularly. My local store gets shipments on Tuesday and Thursday. They've restocked these figures about 3 times already. I'm going back for some more Germans tomorrow.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Hit the Burbank KB at the Burbank Town Center today, pretty much the same, OMG, BotB, Imperial Marines, and USMC.

I am not sure if it's been mention already, but I was checking the Soldiers of the World figs, they were moved to the front of the store instead of usually being near 21stCT, and they are currently marked down from $7.98 to $4.98. The deal started in July 28th and I think it ends on August 24th. The great gal working there said they have plenty more in the back and she welcomes anyone to come shop here.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Sky Ray wrote:Hit the Burbank KB at the Burbank Town Center today, pretty much the same, OMG, BotB, Imperial Marines, and USMC.

I am not sure if it's been mention already, but I was checking the Soldiers of the World figs, they were moved to the front of the store instead of usually being near 21stCT, and they are currently marked down from $7.98 to $4.98. The deal started in July 28th and I think it ends on August 24th. The great gal working there said they have plenty more in the back and she welcomes anyone to come shop here.
My local store has them at the same price. That's a great deal. I've been buying these for about a month. I keep some of the stuff and part out what I don't want on eBay. They are a much better deal at $4.98. I hope my local store gets more because the selection is getting limited. A lot of the stuff that is included is very toylike but there are some real jems as well. I'm just hoping they get the Power Team stuff soon at a decent price.

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:52 pm

While I was in Oshkosh, I picked up some BOTB and OMG figs from the local KB.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm

The ppl that work at kb are the best.
Last edited by Stug45 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.