POST K. B. Toys Finds

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Stug45 wrote:I hope 21st dumps alot more :) & that more kb stores gets them.
I really wonder about this whole thing. I don't really think this is 21st Cs work. Wal-mart sometime liquidates older items that didn't sell well even when on clearance.

One reason I bring this up is that these figures that have been showing up were found in bulk at Wal-mart. Yes, a few on-line stores sold them too, but I think we got these mainly because of Wal-mart. If it wasn't for them I don't even think 21st C would have produced them.

Second, is the price. If these weren't a bulk liquidation, I don't really think we would see them for under normal retail (about $4-5). And KB has been changing to a liquidation type store, like Big Lots for toys. That's why the outlet stores have changed their format like you see at a normal KB.

I think a little time will tell. If they start getting more of the same and nothing new, than I would say that this is what it was. Also has anyone been able to confirm anything about them coming to KB other than seeing these old figure releases? I don't really mean to sour anything we get, but I'm just being relistic on this.

momaw nadon

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:53 pm

that was my original question... I think it is safe to assume walmart online or wm is dumping these - The darker S4 marines were never really seen at WM stores though.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Nice...

worldwar2buff makes a whopping 3 of us in the Pittsburgh area. We've almost got enough people to have a party.

Unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll get to a KB, but hopefully soon. I can only hit a couple of them with any kind of "ease".
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:37 pm

STUKA wrote:that was my original question... I think it is safe to assume walmart online or wm is dumping these - The darker S4 marines were never really seen at WM stores though.
What are these S4 Marines? Would you have some side by pictures?
momaw nadon

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Strange thing about this whole thing is KB online does not have one of these type of 21stC figures. All they show are the older Brit and US modern types for 7.99 each.

Well, as they say don't look a gift horse in the mouth (don't really know why "they" are saying this).
I liked these figs the first time around. So, at least we are getting a good deal for the money.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:44 pm

This morning around 10:30 the girl from kb in the FL mall called me and said that they got their shipment in and that there was no figs but she said that all the kb stores in orlando has them now :D i have to say that kb is great i never had a call back :) so i went to do some recon.

The first one i hit was kb in fashion square mall they had one peg picked up more germans i talked with the guy working there i asked him if they were going to start carrying them on a regular bases he said only if WM sends more i was like :shock: i asked him if kb got them from wm he said yea he went in the back room come out with a box on the tag it said walmart distribution center arcadia fl looks like momaw nadon is right.

Then i went to 2 permium outlets the first one has 3 pegs full picked up more germans.

The next one was the mother load me and my g/f counted 134 figs that was the most XD i have ever seen :shock:

Heres a pic.

Last edited by Stug45 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Comment

Post by dandaman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Stug,

Nice pic. My fists are clenching as I'm typing this. :x

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:13 pm

:shock: :shock:

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:50 am

JESUS TAPDANCING XD!
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 am

Sorry for being right guys :(. I really wanted to be wrong on this. I just thought it was odd for KB to have older figures and so many for a great deal. Also if anyone remembers these at Wal-mart, and when they like over night dried up. I don't even remember seeing these on clearance in my area. I seen the US Marines (series 3) hit the shelf and the week later they were gone. I should have bought them then, but I figured I had time with how all the others just hung around for every. Oh well, just my luck in most cases. At least I get another shot at them now.

My outlet got BOB2 and OMG figures, as it looks like to be 3 cases of each, but not sure to how many per case though. There was 3 of each BOB2 figures and 4 of each OMG figures.

If anyone spots any series 3 Japanese or US Marines, could you help a member out :wink:?
momaw nadon

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:53 am

correct me if Im wrong guys but the series 4 marines are the darker camo - not the same as seen on the back of the carded figure.
S1 green
S2 light camo - tans and browns
S3 Dark camo seen on back
S4 2nd darker but different pattern

Just think if WM had done the three for 9.99 deal - or heck kept their stock and mixed them in with the new items.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:28 pm

STUKA,
I don't recall a series 4 Marines. The had the green, camo, and tan camo. If you have any others I would be interested in seeing them.

As for Wal-mart, they didn't sell well at my Wal-mart and I can see them not selling at most Wal-marts. As in my post above the BOB2, OMG, Marines (S1,2,3) & Japanese (S1,2,3) were the only things I saw on their shelves for over a year. They just didn't go over very big. Wal-mart buys in bulk as you know, so when they buy something that doesn't move as they think it will, they will liquidate the bulk they have. That is what this is, a bulk liquidation from Wal-mart. Wal-marts most likely clearanced them from their sistem and still had a large bulk left. They most likely sold the whole lot to KB. This is easier than trying to clearance out a large bulk of product themselves. I have even found Wal-mart brand items in Big Lots and those type places, so it does happen.
momaw nadon

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:53 pm

I don't collect 21st 1:18th USMC figures, but I have picked up some from KB toys for the head sculpts.....
I can't tell you what series these figs are but they have a very dark camo pattern.
Stuka, I would say these are the series 4 figs and at $3.33 each I'd grab all I could. As well as the rest of the BoB, OMG, and what ever shows up! I don't think we'll ever see any thing like this again.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Could someone post a picture of the Digger figure from KB?

If there is a series 4, he would be wearing a dark camo pattern but would be missing the hand carrying the Japanese flag.

In series 2, he has the dark camo but has the flag. After series 2 all Japanese markings were removed both from the Marines and the Japanese figures so series 3 (light camo) the hand is MIA and would also be for a series 4 if there was one.

If the flag is there, then these are S2.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:45 pm

I went back to the first KB I hit a week ago and they now have U.S. Marines in camo stocked up, they also have the Imperial Marines at this store finally. This expanded the 21stCT peg space up to 5 pegs from only 3 in the begining.
I talked with the cheerful cashier, and she said the shipment of Marines came in on Friday, and also noted that they usually get new shipments between Thursday and Friday and is willingly to notify me ahead of time when the next shipment arrives.

grunt1:
I was wondering why there was an empty space where his left hand was, didn't know it use to hold a flag. Here's a picture of the Digger I got from KB I took with my camera,

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm

there he is you beat me to it. :D

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 pm

If anyone finds any extra US Marines could you please help me out
Thanks

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Sky Ray wrote: Image
Well I picked my Digger like that at Wal-mart. It has been a while, but I picked him up there. I only got my Marines there and a few from trades before these started to show at KB. I even have an S1 like that. He is the only odd version of the bunch and I don't really see any big difference in his uniform from the other S2 Digger. He does have a more glossy finish, but I seen that back when these were at Wal-mart on many of the S2 Marines, but I wouldn't call it a new series. I might call him a S2-b, like how the same plane with some odd change was made. You can see the same think on many of the D-day figures too. The wash on them makes them look slightly different than the same figure in the same case. I don't know how many times I have seen it on the D-day figures when they were around. It was really noticeable on the tanker figures. Anyone know what I mean?
momaw nadon

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:31 pm

I popped into a KB myself today and nabbed a bunch of GI's in trench coats and a German in open caot. They had only BotB2 and OMG figures as others have noted.

No Marines, no Japanese... Bummer, as I'd like more Japanese for sure and a handful of USMC riflemen wouldn't hurt me either.

I was happy to get the 7 I got though, and I'll likely go back and pick up anything else I find interesting again when the Star Wars blitz is over.

I will say, lots of stuff was there.

Our area never got many BotB figures in ironically, so this was a nice surprise. OMG on the other hand, well they were a-plenty. As were Marines/Japanese, but they all sold eventually. I know I saw OMG on slight sale at one point.

BotB sold out everywhere it went, even the jeep drivers moved on eventually and that figure blows.

In other news, there's a Habor Freight store here and my god could I go broke in that place. I mean... Wow. I had to really control myself. I felt like I was at the Bunny Ranch and had really awesome credit.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 am

Jesse James wrote:Nice...

worldwar2buff makes a whopping 3 of us in the Pittsburgh area. We've almost got enough people to have a party.

Unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll get to a KB, but hopefully soon. I can only hit a couple of them with any kind of "ease".
BREAK OUT THE KEG!! :lol:

Yeah, it's not all that easy for me either. I am right by South Hills Village mall so don't get over to Century III that often. Made it a point to go though after reading about these. I can get 12+ figs for what it costs for a single 1/6th figure.
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:46 am

That's pretty good for you though... Not too bad anyway.

I've got Monroeville/Greensburg as options, but they're 45 minutes or so one way for me (Armstrong County's southern tip is my home area), so that sucks. :( I did an impromptu run on Sunday though just because. Hate to use the gas, but at some point I was exhausted from kids so I said, "Hey let's go to Monroeville", and she honestly didn't argue... Woohoo!

You going to the Toy Show Saturday? Not much XD but a good time... You're welcome to come hang out with us Star Wars nerds for lunch if you want. We usually just drink and don't talk about toys... So it's really less nerdy in the end.

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:17 am

Jesse James wrote:That's pretty good for you though... Not too bad anyway.

I've got Monroeville/Greensburg as options, but they're 45 minutes or so one way for me (Armstrong County's southern tip is my home area), so that sucks. :( I did an impromptu run on Sunday though just because. Hate to use the gas, but at some point I was exhausted from kids so I said, "Hey let's go to Monroeville", and she honestly didn't argue... Woohoo!

You going to the Toy Show Saturday? Not much XD but a good time... You're welcome to come hang out with us Star Wars nerds for lunch if you want. We usually just drink and don't talk about toys... So it's really less nerdy in the end.
I'd love to, but the wife has me and the kids driving down to NC this weekend and then doing it all over again next weekend. While everyone else is cutting back on driving, we're picking up the slack! :roll:

I've never been to the toy show. Is it worth it? Not so much from an XD perspective but how are the deals in general?

Sorry to hijack the thread. :twisted:
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:21 am

It looks like the 3 of us have the city surrounded. Jesse James the east, ww2buff the south and I have the north and west from Beaver County

Skauser
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Skauser » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 am

You guys are so lucky. More chance of finding Jack the ripper , than any figures here in the UK. :cry:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EKoPLt_coFI see if you can spot me

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:15 pm

We are the trifecta. :)

You guys are both welcome to join up with the SW gang locally just to go to lunch at the Toy Show, even though you can't make it ww2buff.

The show is nice... Depends what you collect I guess, but for Star Wars I find various things I like. You usually can find people selling stuff real cheap, real expensive, and then the middle ground that can sometimes be choked down.

I buy lots of junk for customizing and stuff, so I can spend a couple hundred at the show easily and come out with a garbage bag of stuff I got for less than retail (It's a rule of mine, I don't pay over retail). So for Star Wars I'm always glad to go... This weekend I obviously won't spend much because of the release of all the SW toys this weekend, but I'll be glad to see my collecting buddies too because it's about the only time I hang with them.

And like I said, we go drink... John Harvard's up the street (near Sears) is where we go.

For XD the show's never good. I don't go with them in mind as they're pretty low on that stuff, but sometimes other scales are good and plenty.

GI Joes, SW, that kind of stuff is abundant. Vintage and new alike. I got my double-telescoping Luke at the show eons ago. That was $150-ish at the time and my figure's value has only gone up.

You guys should both check it out if you can sometime. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), the show is NOT going to be at the Expo-Mart anymore. The EM got sold and is going to be offices now. The new show will be in Harmarville (one exit west on the Turnpike from Monroeville) in a place called the Pittsburgh Indoor Sports Arena. This is cool though because, for me anyway, my girl lives in that area so I'm there about 50% of the time... More when I'm coaching football, but I'm there a lot (this is Route 28 area, Mills Mall, etc.), so that's actually a stomping ground of mine for toys...

The new show will be in a bigger building and twice a year (spring-ish time, and October), so it'll still go on and hopefully be a larger show. And for me it's gonna be a closer drive. I really hope you guys can show... If you're into Star Wars, we have a pretty good local group going. PM me here for more details if you're interested. The show's just fun to get together with like-minded people I think.

And yes, sorry for the Steel City take-over. :lol: