POST K. B. Toys Finds

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:33 pm

kduck wrote:
holensock wrote:Anyone spot any Power Team 1:18 stuff?
I haven't seen any 1:18 PTE stuff at KB in quite awhile. I still see a couple of their tanks at Big Lots but they've been warming the shelf there for awhile now. I really miss that line of toys. The 1:6 PTE stuff seems to have disappeared as well. I see the occasional figure at different Big Lots but I think it's all old stock. It's a shame because they made some really nice 1:6 scale figure that were really inexpensive. At one time you could find the 1:18 and the 1:6 stuff at quite a few different places around here but for the most part it's all gone now. I've been wondering what's going on with the company. Their website is still up but it doesn't appear to have been updated in years.

http://www.mctoy.com.hk/powerteamfigures/
True. I tried to email them and got no response. Some PTE 1:18 can be found at TRU. Maybe we'll see their stuff pop up again at Big Lots in Sept. I hope so!

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Sky Ray wrote:...Oh yeah, since others mentioned it, I spotted quite a lot of 1:6 Soldiers of the World figs sitting up high in the shelves, right above the 21stC figures and another batch at the end of the aisle. Strangely, they had different prices, some were $6.98 and others were $7.98. They had WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Modern Conflicts, and Operation Iraqi Freedom available...
When the KB's first got the SOTW figures in a few months ago they were $6.98. They've since went up to $7.98. They probably didn't get them all re-marked. Still that's a good deal. Some of the figures are complete crap but some of the modern ones have nice accessories.

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Ahhrrggg!!! Just when I thought I was out ...they pull me back in!!! I must of looked like such a tard when as sifting through the mess of toys and shoving five year olds out of the way while my wife just stands aside and laughs at me. But it was all worth it. Got me few figs that I kicked myself for not getting the first time around ( wasn't really into 1/18 figs at the time) Three marines, three OMG 101st figs two German tankers and one IJM fig. ...... Life is good 8)
Good B/S/T References:
STUKA
MG-42
WGP Klaus
wreckchaser
hworth18
Jackson
der Vogelfänger

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Hmph!

Post by dandaman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Since I have not found any cool figures at my local KB, I am going to protest by buying even more Indiana Jones figures at my local WalMart. And then I'm going to send away for even more exclusive Crystal Skeleton figures.

That will show you all!!!

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Found OMG figs, BOB Americans, BOB German open/closed coats and the tan Tank commander and tan Tanker w/parade hat w/wires.

Intersting what everyone is finding and not finding around the country.

Hey you guys not finding these, let me know I would be glad to get some for you. PM me and let me know.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Stug45

Re: Hmph!

Post by Stug45 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:53 am

dandaman wrote:Since I have not found any cool figures at my local KB, I am going to protest by buying even more Indiana Jones figures at my local WalMart. And then I'm going to send away for even more exclusive Crystal Skeleton figures.

That will show you all!!!
At least theres some one buying these peg warmers.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

PanzerArm

KB Toys Finds

Post by PanzerArm » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 am

Found some BOB Americans at my local KB

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Had some luck today, on my lunch hour I found a KB near work and they had 2 pegs of XD. BOB Germans (6) U.S. (12) or so and the rest were U.S.M.C. camo figs.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:08 pm

The KB Toy Outlet ( used to be Toy Liquidators ) at Birch Run in Michigan had a huge amount of these yesterday.
Geoff

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:26 pm

blurx7 wrote:The KB Toy Outlet ( used to be Toy Liquidators ) at Birch Run in Michigan had a huge amount of these yesterday.
Toy Liquidators was just another name for the KB Toy Outlets. The one here used to be named Toy Liquidators too but recently changed the name to KB Toys Outlet. Unfortunately the stores have changed somewhat in the last few years. I used to be able to get some awesome stuff for really low prices. You could find stuff like BBI 1:6 action figures for $15 (the nice ones not the mass market TRU stuff). They used to get limited edition stuff and even the ocassional white boxed mail away stuff for next to nothing. I once bought about 50 white boxed Multiple Man action figures for $.75 each and sold them on eBay for around $6 each. And the sales used to be really great too. Now the Outlets seem just like the regular mall stores. Still there are occasionally deals to be had. They just aren't as cool as they used to be.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:05 am

I hope 21st dumps alot more :) & that more kb stores gets them.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Stopped at KB Outlet and they had BOB Americans, Market garden, and Imperial Marines. If any one finds Pacific or other US Marines I could use them and anyone needs BOB, Imperial Marines or OMG I would be happy to pick up whatever is still there

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm guessing you hit the only one I can think of in the area... God I need to take a trip. :( I need BotB Americans and Germans badly. Could handle a pile more Japanese too, come to think of it.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:49 am

Got to a local K B yesterday they had BOB Germans and Americans I bought all them. Also they had Market Garden figs. 8)
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

You know, I like the sound of being able to find some of the BoB Germans again I could use some of the tankers! However, the only KB Toys anywhere close to my area is a 55 mile drive in one direction. Too much of a risk for nothing being there to waste the gas on the drive. Those of you in northern and southern California should have more luck. Tons of KB stores in those regions :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:45 pm

Just want to say Thanks Stuka for the heads up on these XD at KB.
I've been finding a mix of BoB, Market Garden, Japanese and U.S.M.C. figures.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

KB =Kule Beanz?

Post by c44 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks, for sure! Yeah, this has been the find of the summer! And thanx for the local updates, Normandy, I got some paras, tomorrow I go looking for US Marines...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:23 pm

No problem - I was excited to see them as well - Hopefully 21st sees this - put them on the shelves and we will buy them up - just save some more for me. :D
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 pm

I called the KB Toys in my area and they had just put them on the shelf the day before. I bought all the BOB Germans, Japanese, and Marines. Thanks for the tip Stuka.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 am

These are great at $3.33 each! I'm wondering if we'll see any Ardennes figures?

C44, I've seen the Marines at the Westbury and Plainview KB's, all have been camo. Good Luck. Normandy.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:47 am

Im gonna hit a KB outlet store today see what I can find

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:11 pm

That would be great if 21st dumped tons of the ardennes figures.
Last edited by Stug45 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:19 pm

well the second store I hit had five whole pegs with BOB II Germans and americans and OMG figures - no marines or japanese marines - I now have more longcoats :D

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks!

Post by worldwar2buff » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:12 am

Another thanks for the heads up. For those in Pittsburgh, I hit the one at Century III mall last night and they had a bunch of BoB and Market Garden figs. I bought a load of the Market Garden figs and German BoB figs.

The manager there was pretty nice and offered to bring out more from the back as they had just got them in the day before. Ended up taking a few more.

He made and interesting comment. He said this was a new line they were going to be carrying. Way he said it sounded like this was NOT a one time thing and that in the future we may be seeing more and varying items. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

Stug45

Re: Thanks!

Post by Stug45 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:32 am

worldwar2buff wrote: The manager there was pretty nice and offered to bring out more from the back as they had just got them in the day before. Ended up taking a few more.

He made and interesting comment. He said this was a new line they were going to be carrying. Way he said it sounded like this was NOT a one time thing and that in the future we may be seeing more and varying items. Keep your fingers crossed!!
This is great news, I have my fingers crossed :)

lets just hope they don't get the platoon figs