POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 pm

The Shermans are at almost every store in SoCal. The plain green Sherman is the most abundant, usually 2 per store, the camo Sherman seems to be rare.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Bradleys

Post by dandaman » Sun May 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Green bradleys have been showing up in abundance...at least 2 per store.

Very strange.

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Went to 3 targets today and all the pegs were empty :( they have not restocked them yet :cry:

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Sat May 17, 2008 11:01 pm

The Target on Hurstbourne, here in Louisville, Ky has a few complete sets of both the German and US figures. I've been buying up some of the US FOV figures, as I like them more than the FOV Germans.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun May 18, 2008 5:01 am

Perhaps now would be a good time for FOV to expand their 1/18 th WWII line :) Da General

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun May 18, 2008 5:23 am

I agree with you 100% General.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Wed May 21, 2008 6:14 am

so i ran into 2 targets the other day and found the pegs empty except for one german just hanging there all alone. they seemed to have a sad face on them so i took them home with me. I now have 12 gray jacket germans and 7 camo jacket germans. I noticed the G.I. Joes were taken the BBI section over. i asked an associate and they told me that they were still active. hopefully we'll see new men come in. i think the FOV men are way better then 21st century men.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:09 pm

I've been finding the pegs empty to :(
i agree with you Fitzystigertank, i like the fov more then the 21st century figs. I hope they make a series 2

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Finally!

Post by dandaman » Wed May 21, 2008 8:44 pm

I finally picked up a tan bradley!!!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu May 22, 2008 4:28 am

Stug45 wrote:I've been finding the pegs empty to :(
i agree with you Fitzystigertank, i like the fov more then the 21st century figs. I hope they make a series 2
Me too! But I hate FOV's 'stands'...too rubbery and their figures tend to fall over.
Hope FOV goes to a more 'generic' stand like 21C.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Bradleys

Post by dandaman » Thu May 22, 2008 5:17 pm

I have been to several more Targets in my area...green and tan bradleys abound. Its as if every store has restocked on them. Nothing else however.

Do you think they will re-release the modern Army/Marine guys? I hope they do...

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:51 am

I'm sick of seeing the bradleys :evil: :evil:
i was at a target and they were sold of the bradleys i was like about time, the next day they restocked them again :( :(

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:07 am

Sure wish they were the Tigers instead. :(

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 pm

The target in waterford lakes has 2 green Shermans and one camo,
there was no figs :cry: :cry: :cry: my friend works there i asked him about the figs he said they got 3 shipments in and all were shermans.
WHERES THE FIGS :?: :?: i hope UNIMAX sends more figs.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

You're not kidding

Post by dandaman » Sat May 24, 2008 7:12 am

Stug45, you're not kidding. There are virtually no FOV figs on the pegs these days...

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:21 pm

i know they are selling like crazy.

I wonder why UNIMAX is not sending more figs????

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Quite a different scenario here in Northern CA. Several Targets in my AO have tons of figs both US and German.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:38 pm

so i went to my tru and found new WWII BBI figures that came out about a year ago but this time they look like they put on weight. whats cool is that on there helmets they show what battlion they are part of. here are pics of them when they first came out.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:25 am

Awesome news if these are coming back... Any pics of the new ones? BBI's WW2 figures were outstanding, and I wouldn't have half of them if it weren't for Digger helping me out...

They're excellent mixed in with FOV and 21st figures. Good to know they realized the demand was there and put more out. If they're repaints, even better.

I'd add in too that my FOV stock around here is almost nill... Most all Targets are down to one or two Germans. The FOV figures are pretty outstanding as they are, so I'm glad to see them moving. They're really nice sculpts, very poseable, and lots of gear (a huge plus). Hope to find these restocked, repainted, and new sculpts at some point soon.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:58 am

Jesse James wrote:Awesome news if these are coming back... Any pics of the new ones? BBI's WW2 figures were outstanding, and I wouldn't have half of them if it weren't for Digger helping me out...
In the BBI thread, I posted a scanned picture of the back of the card for one that I bought. Here it is again. Its not the best picture, but gets the point across and you can make out the slight differences:

These figures are both very much the same and yet somewhat different than the first release. There are the unit markings on the helmets, and some figures slightly different paintjobs, most notably the 1st Infantry Div figure (2nd Ranger Officer in the first series) that has a green shirt and tan vest. The headsculpts are all the same, but are painted somewhat differently. The accessories are all the same as well, but are not painted quite as well. It is sort of like the paint variations one gets within the current 21c D-Day figure lineup, but of course, the BBI figures look better :wink:

I have a bunch of the first series figures, which oddly never showed at my area TRUs, and so only picked up one from the new series thus far. Still, excellent figures and the $4.99 price is right 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Darn skippy on that! Nice to see figures haven't spiked by $5 each (knock on wood).

I can see the paint differences too, which is cool. Variety is the spice of life... I'll be anxious to find these as I really did enjoy the BBI figures. My only gripe with them ever was how bad they looked without their packs on and how small some of the brain buckets were. They're really outstanding otherwise, and superior sculpts to 21st... I like both equally for different reasons though.

I got plenty of the guy in the closed jacket and the Para when they got released with the modern figures, but the guy with the open jacket and the "officer" never showed here so I got helped out by Digger on those. Outstanding figures too, probably the best of the WW2 series.

It's nice to see BBI breathing some again... Proves they're not out yet. Leaves hope they'll get to those non-jump-ready red devils we all want, considering they're the only ones to do a brit so far.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:15 pm

I went by target in Stillwater a few days ago. They had about 15 FOV figures in stock. Looks like an end to their lacking around here.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:25 pm

same here only one target restocked, the german camo figs sell out fast.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 pm

Same here... They restock and even the GI's go, but the Germans go even faster... The maps, the pistols, the boxes, the fausts and schreks, the MG's... There's a lot to love with any of those German figures. The GI's are equally good but man, the Germans are a steal it seems.

I really wish FOV was working on, and updating us with some new WW2 figures. They seem to have it pegged as to how they can sell them. I think they may be among my favorite figure pieces in my collection really.

And I've STILL not seen a Tiger or Sherman from FOV. It's simply depressing.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:27 am

They said they are making new figs but not until 09 :(

I really hope they keep selling them only at target.