Series #2 - You Pick!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

Which Paint Scheme?

Poll ended at Mon May 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Randolph
22%
Yorktown
15%
Tulagi
27%
Lexington
29%
Hancock
7%

Total votes: 41

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Mon May 19, 2008 8:36 pm

B24guy wrote:What 2 props? 1/18th scale? Could this be the first real hint we will have a B-25? I sure hope so. :D
No it will be the Phantom :twisted: Finally somebody stepping up to the plate. Although the B-25 would work as well.

Great news Patrick and on my borthday Yippee !!! Or was that the P-38 choice ? I forgot . Oh well back to the birthday grog. :twisted:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:37 pm

He said new model with 2 props. No F-4s had props as far as I know. :D
Darren

digger

here you go

Post by digger » Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Wow, F-82 twin Mustang. That would be awesome!
Darren

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon May 19, 2008 8:42 pm

B24guy wrote:He said new model with 2 props. No F-4s had props as far as I know. :D
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Do ducted fans count?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon May 19, 2008 10:02 pm

Hmmm, very interesting. 8)

It would have to be out of BBI pieces as I don't think 21C was very pleased that they were using their base models. I agree that the twin Mustang makes sense. What else could they make out of a Hellcat, Corsair and Mustang? Maybe that Grumman twin engine bird...the Tigershark was it?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

AirstrikeToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AirstrikeToys » Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 pm

olifant wrote:Hmmm, very interesting. 8)

It would have to be out of BBI pieces as I don't think 21C was very pleased that they were using their base models. I agree that the twin Mustang makes sense. What else could they make out of a Hellcat, Corsair and Mustang? Maybe that Grumman twin engine bird...the Tigershark was it?
It'll be a whole new plane from scratch and its not based on any of the manufacturers products. :)

Made here in the USA - 100% by Airstrike. :D

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 pm

olifant wrote:Hmmm, very interesting. 8)

He didn't use 21c's base model. He advertised using BBI's Corsair and having one I can confirm that it is BBI's, also the best of the two available, IMHO.

Any new one is good to me, I haven't heard one I won't get yet. The B-25 and F-4 are most welcome, but since 21'c made their announcements for these, I doubt anyone will make the attempt.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon May 19, 2008 10:32 pm

New plane? Very cool. :D 8)

I don't expect Airstrike to give up all the dirty laundry but I thought the reason they stripped their prior posts was trouble with their rework of 21C and BBI models. It appears things went well with BBI, not so well with 21C. This is my recollection and conjecture and may be way off. :?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 pm

olifant wrote:New plane? Very cool. :D 8)

I don't expect Airstrike to give up all the dirty laundry but I thought the reason they stripped their prior posts was trouble with their rework of 21C and BBI models. It appears things went well with BBI, not so well with 21C. This is my recollection and conjecture and may be way off. :?
I can only speak for my own experiences and observations. Airstrike can speak for themselves. I very early on bought and received his #5, series 1 RN Corsair. It's the pride of my collection. I was so impressed with his efforts and customer service that I encouraged him to start posting on this forum. Big mistake!! And happened very quickly!!!!

In a last attempt to end this rumour (I do feel a lot of responsibility for the result of his posting here), he always and only advertised, sold, and delivered a repainted, custom BBI Corsair. 21c only became involved once he posted here.

Please keep this in mind before even obliquely asking for anything that someone might not be ready to post here. I have to much guilt for encouraging his involvement here as it is.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

AirstrikeToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AirstrikeToys » Tue May 20, 2008 12:30 am

chunks wrote:
olifant wrote:New plane? Very cool. :D 8)

I can only speak for my own experiences and observations. Airstrike can speak for themselves. I very early on bought and received his #5, series 1 RN Corsair. It's the pride of my collection. I was so impressed with his efforts and customer service that I encouraged him to start posting on this forum. Big mistake!! And happened very quickly!!!!

In a last attempt to end this rumour (I do feel a lot of responsibility for the result of his posting here), he always and only advertised, sold, and delivered a repainted, custom BBI Corsair. 21c only became involved once he posted here.

Please keep this in mind before even obliquely asking for anything that someone might not be ready to post here. I have to much guilt for encouraging his involvement here as it is.
Chunks, don't feel guilty. Everything happens for a reason. Yes, we experienced a few speed bumps early on, but it wasn't your fault. It did however bolster my determination to make this work.

Olifant - I could go in to detail about what happened but its in the past and water under the bridge. You are correct, we dropped both AT and 21C from our line up. They stated their positions and I'll respect their wishes.

I can't say enough good things about BBI. They have been really great. They deserve a big thank you!

As we expand, we will continue to offer repaints of BBI products in addition to making our own unique models. :D

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:59 am

Hot Damn!--I am excited to see a little guy do well. I can't wait to see what you are going to put together.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue May 20, 2008 8:06 am

AirstrikeToys wrote:
chunks wrote: I can only speak for my own experiences and observations. Airstrike can speak for themselves. I very early on bought and received his #5, series 1 RN Corsair. It's the pride of my collection. I was so impressed with his efforts and customer service that I encouraged him to start posting on this forum. Big mistake!! And happened very quickly!!!!

Chunks, don't feel guilty. Everything happens for a reason. Yes, we experienced a few speed bumps early on, but it wasn't your fault. It did however bolster my determination to make this work.

Olifant - I could go in to detail about what happened but its in the past and water under the bridge. You are correct, we dropped both AT and 21C from our line up. They stated their positions and I'll respect their wishes.

I can't say enough good things about BBI. They have been really great. They deserve a big thank you!

As we expand, we will continue to offer repaints of BBI products in addition to making our own unique models. :D
It's good to hear that everthing's been resolved. :) Have you thought about repainting the BBI Zero, or is the supply of Zeroes still too scarce for that?

AirstrikeToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AirstrikeToys » Tue May 20, 2008 11:19 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:
AirstrikeToys wrote: Chunks, don't feel guilty. Everything happens for a reason. Yes, we experienced a few speed bumps early on, but it wasn't your fault. It did however bolster my determination to make this work.

It's good to hear that everthing's been resolved. :) Have you thought about repainting the BBI Zero, or is the supply of Zeroes still too scarce for that?
Thought about it but I haven't seen a paint scheme that I thought would be unique enough. If you have any suggestions, please pass them along.

Thanks.