[+] Dragon Cares

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

[+] Dragon Cares

Post by MG-42 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:22 pm

[+] > Hey everybody ;

->>>-------> I think Dragon needs to give their near dormant 1:18 line , "a new shot of adrenaline". * 8)

[+] > If anybody wants to submit their "comments or suggestions" ,.. Dragon wants to hear from You !

->>>------> www.DragonCare.com

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:08 pm

I wish Dragon would start their 1:18 line up again.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri May 16, 2008 8:55 pm

i wish for more 1:35 can.do

but 1/18s of the 1/6ers would be awesome
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

MG-42

[+] Dragon Cares

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 7:55 am

[+] > You think that I'm just blowin' smoke here or somethin' ? ... Too much trouble , huh ?

* Let them know what you'd like to see in 1:18 , within reason of course ,.. it does'nt hurt. I think they'd listen , especially now. This is what I was told by a Rep.

Mitch v MG

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat May 17, 2008 9:14 am

I sent them an email I told them I would like to see more crew served weapon platforms, smaller vehicles, some detailed armor. I think we should all emaile them,,,at the most we will let them know that we care about their 1/18 line.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 9:20 am

emails are free.......nothing to lose but a couple of minutes of time. Dragon could do amazing things with 1/18 armour.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat May 17, 2008 9:23 am

OK, let's try a hypothetical here.... what would you guys be willing to spend, if say for example Dragon starting making their 1/35 prepainted armor line in 1/18 scale...?? Let's use the Dragon Panther as an example, #61025 which sells for 79.99 plus shipping... http://www.flyingmule.com/products/DM-61025 Would you guys be willing to pony up $100+ for one of these provided the detail and quality was the same for an XD sized version...?? OK, I am not trying to stir the pot here, I'm just curious, given all the moaning and groaning that took place around here concerning the price on the soon to be released re-paint of the 21C XD Panther... so what's the verdict..?? Yeah, or Nay..?
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

[+] Dragon Cares

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:21 am

LoL ! ! ! * :lol: ... Sounds like this is what you're trying to do here.

[+] > If Dragon did introduce an AFV ,.. it's level of detail would be superior to that of any 21st.C , AFV. ... There would be no comparison.

* If you're willing to "pony up" on an R/C 1/16th AFV ,.. then what's wrong w/ "ponying up" on a cool 1:18 AFV ,.. possibly w/ an interior ,.........

->>>--------> theoretically.

Mitch v MG

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat May 17, 2008 11:14 am

I don't own any of the Dragon 1/35 prepainted models but my understanding is these are fairly fragile and meant for static displays only. Are my assumptions correct? If so these would be neat but would fill a different niche than XD...
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

ostketten

Re: [+] Dragon Cares

Post by ostketten » Sat May 17, 2008 11:43 am

MG-42 wrote:
* If you're willing to "pony up" on an R/C 1/16th AFV ,.. then what's wrong w/ "ponying up" on a cool 1:18 AFV ,.. possibly w/ an interior ,......... Mitch v MG
Never said I wouldn't pony up for a Dragon 1/18 so please don't put words in my mouth...LOL :roll: Apparently you missed the XD panther "price increase" thread...I "ponied" up for one of those FYI. 8) Given the controversy surrounding the XD price increase for the Panther, and the desire of some people to see Dragon produce a 1/18 armor line, I Just wanted to gauge what peoples limits were with regard to price, sorry if that concept was bit over your head. [+] [-] >>>>>>> :roll:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 pm

ostketten wrote:
MG-42 wrote:
* If you're willing to "pony up" on an R/C 1/16th AFV ,.. then what's wrong w/ "ponying up" on a cool 1:18 AFV ,.. possibly w/ an interior ,......... Mitch v MG
Never said I wouldn't pony up for a Dragon 1/18 so please don't put words in my mouth...LOL :roll: Apparently you missed the XD panther "price increase" thread...I "ponied" up for one of those FYI. 8) Given the controversy surrounding the XD price increase for the Panther, and the desire of some people to see Dragon produce a 1/18 armor line, I Just wanted to gauge what peoples limits were with regard to price, sorry if that concept was bit over your head. [+] [-] >>>>>>> :roll:
>>> LoL ! ! ! * :lol: ... Nope ,.. did'nt mi$$ a thing ->>>----> "over my head". * :o

Mitch v MG

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 12:33 pm

FOV's 1/32 line is quite different from their 1/18 line, which is cheaper and more playable. If Dragon did get into 1/18 i would imagine they would lean the same way, as that seems to be the established market.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat May 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Yep, it wouldn't hurt to email them. :)

But to be honest, I doubt they'd go back to the 1/18th any time soon.

I'm beginning to think the only way Dragon would be interested in anything is if Tamiya shows interest in it first. :lol:

Plus the fact that they seem embroiled in battle in the 1/6th and 1/35 scale model market to pay any attention to anything at the moment.

MG-42

[+] Dragon Cares

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:59 pm

[+] > Not according to the Dragon Rep. , I had a conversation w/ .

Mitch v MG

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat May 17, 2008 1:14 pm

ostketten wrote:OK, let's try a hypothetical here.... what would you guys be willing to spend, if say for example Dragon starting making their 1/35 prepainted armor line in 1/18 scale...?? Let's use the Dragon Panther as an example, #61025 which sells for 79.99 plus shipping... http://www.flyingmule.com/products/DM-61025 Would you guys be willing to pony up $100+ for one of these provided the detail and quality was the same for an XD sized version...?? OK, I am not trying to stir the pot here, I'm just curious, given all the moaning and groaning that took place around here concerning the price on the soon to be released re-paint of the 21C XD Panther... so what's the verdict..?? Yeah, or Nay..?
Considering I don't buy multiples of anything (interestingly enough, I've only considered buying multiples of those items with substandard piant jobs to see if could "cannibalize" something decent), I wouldn't mind paying that price... "provided the detail and quality was the same for an XD sized version."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 1:24 pm

well i hope that rep wasn't just blowing smoke, cos it would be great news if dragon got into this scale again.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat May 17, 2008 1:30 pm

As to price, it depends on the model and whether we have seen repaints of the same piece.

The custom stuff of the Woofer is great, worth every penny. Also Gary1930 has some really great 1/18 customs on eBay right now. Who among us wouldn't want to have a White Scout Car, or a Sturmtiger or a Jadgpanther, all in 1/18. Where else can you find these? How do you price something that just doesn't exist anywhere else except from the hands of a master modeler?

If DML wants to come out with 1/18 vehicles (it would sure be German..... DML has a love affair with German stuff), bring 'em on... we'll buy 'em. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

MG-42

[+] Dragon Cares

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:40 pm

aferguson wrote:well i hope that rep wasn't just blowing smoke, cos it would be great news if dragon got into this scale again.
>>> "I don't think so". * :wink:

Mitch v MG

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

1/18 line

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:00 pm

I have emailed asking for the action 1/18 plus line only. The third in this series was to be OTTO in winter gear, but was never released. I started this 1/18 obsession in 2001 with a sole Dragon action 1/18 figure and went on to buy 150 more and a dozen of the Plus line of which there are 2 currently in the series. With all the new players in figures we are now getting, I am now content in collecting more single specialty figures like the recent 21ST figure with the range finder. I am still an army builder and quite happy to buy multiples of the same figure if its good.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:13 pm

WOW an OTTO figure thats awesome, i hope they make him.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat May 17, 2008 8:02 pm

ostketten wrote:
MG-42 wrote:
I think it would be hard to gauge right now how much people are willing to pay for a "phantom" Dragon 1/18th vehicle.

I guess it all boils down to whether the actual product justify the price they would ask for that product.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:18 pm

MG-42 wrote:
ostketten wrote: Never said I wouldn't pony up for a Dragon 1/18 so please don't put words in my mouth...LOL :roll: Apparently you missed the XD panther "price increase" thread...I "ponied" up for one of those FYI. 8) Given the controversy surrounding the XD price increase for the Panther, and the desire of some people to see Dragon produce a 1/18 armor line, I Just wanted to gauge what peoples limits were with regard to price, sorry if that concept was bit over your head. [+] [-] >>>>>>> :roll:
>>> LoL ! ! ! * :lol: ... Nope ,.. did'nt mi$$ a thing ->>>----> "over my head". * :o

Mitch v MG

>>> Would depend on which AFV they'd "pony up" on.

Mitch v MG

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 pm

<--- New here!

Anyway...I wrote'em an email concerning 1/18 figures. Given the superior quality of detail the Dragon 1/18 figures have over all other brands...I'm drooling over the idea of 1/18 Russian, Brits, or even some Fallschirmjager.
The Dragon figures can't stand up to the all out amazing articulation of the 21st figures. However, the detail on the uniforms, weapons, and gear are just stellar. Removable clips on MP40s? C'mon. I wanna see some Russians like that.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat May 17, 2008 8:48 pm

MG-42 wrote:
MG-42 wrote: >>> LoL ! ! ! * :lol: ... Nope ,.. did'nt mi$$ a thing ->>>----> "over my head". * :o

Mitch v MG

>>> Would depend on which AFV they'd "pony up" on.

Mitch v MG
with Dragon..it would be German, and prob a Tiger or Panther.
DML > Deutsche Modelers League lol

and prob more static than toy even if it's in the 1/18 genre.
although the 1/6 stuff sdkfz.2 and VWs are very workable.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

MG-42

[+] Dragon Cares

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:52 pm

[+] > Willkommen to zee board ,.. "SolidSnakeEyes" --<><><><>:>- 8)