21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:04 am

Ok, here's the SO CAL report. Found tons of the figures last night, BOB and Marines,...although the two Marines I need were not there. I can't find Tommy Brit and the Over the Top guys. Are these 2 marines hard to find?

They had several panzers, bulldogs and M3A3 Halftracks....no German halftracks. They also had several 1/32 sets. It was nice to see so much stuff for a change...but it wasn't where it should have been...it was near the little kid stuff, on an endcap. I was leaving when I found it. I don't know why they couldn't put it in the obvious place to look.

Felt bad about buying from the place that seems to be the reason Toys R Us is dying.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

USMC

Post by digger » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:21 am

Those are the short guys in the case so they are tough to find.
Don't feel bad for tru...they did it to themselves....

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:39 pm

Still nothing at either of the Wal-Marts here :(

And yeah, I generally try to avoid buying at Wal-Mart, but I make an exception for XD because they're the only store that will carry them. I look at it as helping 21st C, not Wal-Mart :P

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Raiderad6 thank you for the information

Post by boyx30 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:38 pm

Thanks Raiderad6 for the information I appreciate it,

I checked Pleasanton and the had a bunch of FW190's Chevorns mostly
and in San Jose 7 Yellow Nose Bubble Top P47's..I didn't see figures or Amour at either?

thanks
Scott

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:53 am

A check of the WM's in Antioch and Pittsburg in Northen CA turned up zilch!!! I just wonder if these stores will be getting anything at all. :( :(

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Moraine, Oh (Dayton)

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:44 am

The super center is loaded. They have everything 1/18 minus the M-41 and the Halftracks. They have a good selection of 32x and 1/6 as well. I haven't looked elsewhere much. The one by Dayton Mall had some 109s. I had the good fortune of picking up a M-113 for 10 bucks today because the box was trashed. Since I am a user and not a shower that is just fine with me---the box will wind up in the trash anyhow. Happy Hunting to the rest of you!
Aaron

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:57 am

Nothing new here still.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Nothing here in Central N.J. either!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:41 pm

Nothing new 1/18 here in Central Texas. A few 1/32 items here and there.
Todd

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Thanks for the tip raiderad. I'll be doing just that tomorrow. :D

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

RECON

Post by 75th Ranger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:51 am

Hello guys,

Listen, here is my advice if you want the XD to show in your area.

I don't have the XD in my area, but i called 1-800-Walmart and told them that i wanted to buy the items based on the UPC # posted in this post previously....they asked me all kinds of personal info and told me that they were going to get in touch with me within 3 days....Well, guess what, They sure did!
My local Walmart Manager called me about my request and mentioned to me that they will be requesting the item as of today Sunday 04-24-05.
by the way, the 1/32 flck gun and jaggpanzer are alreay here...so i guess it may work....therefore, i suggest you guys do the same so that you can get your supplies!
take care,
75th RANGER
HOOAH!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:02 pm

A big thank you to raiderad for the WM scouting report. Went to the Fairfield and Vacaville WM's and found plenty of Marines and BOB figures. Also picked up a halftrack. The Panzers though were all gone. You may want to add 63874810307 to Teamski's list for the Marines. It's for Sgt "Zippie" Burns. :D

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:50 pm

Found all of the newly released XD figures and armour at the Galveston WM. I picked up all of the Marines, most of the BOB figures (they did have them all, I just didn't need all of them), a Panzer IV, German half track (I got the last one), US Halftrack, and Bulldog tank. They did have some of the 32X playsets also. I haven't seen any of this stuff anywhere else in the Houston area yet.

I was in Galveston for an airshow and decided to check the WM there. Needless to say that with finding all of the XD stuff and going to a great airshow at the Lone Star Flight Museum in impossibly perfect South Texas weather, I had one of the my best Sundays in a long time.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:05 pm

pokeyjtc wrote:Found all of the newly released XD figures and armour at the Galveston WM. I picked up all of the Marines, most of the BOB figures (they did have them all, I just didn't need all of them), a Panzer IV, German half track (I got the last one), US Halftrack, and Bulldog tank. They did have some of the 32X playsets also. I haven't seen any of this stuff anywhere else in the Houston area yet.

I was in Galveston for an airshow and decided to check the WM there. Needless to say that with finding all of the XD stuff and going to a great airshow at the Lone Star Flight Museum in impossibly perfect South Texas weather, I had one of the my best Sundays in a long time.
Those kind of days are priceless!!! Congrads on the finds.....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

nathanita
Corporal
Corporal

Dallas recon

Post by nathanita » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:09 pm

Walmarts in Dallas haveP-47 bubbletop "Eileens" and lots of FW-190s. As the Marines have landed on the Gulf Coast, has anyone seen them in Dallas?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:07 pm

In case everyone on the site wasn't aware, Walmart bites. :evil:

I showed my wife 75th's post, since she was going to be nice and call 1-800-Walmart while she was home today. First, she was told that these were online only items (to which she replied excrement, and the guy then checked and said "oh, you're right"). Then, she is told his computer shows that there is no Walmart in the NATION that has these items in stock, and she needs more information before he could help her. This follows her calling local Walmarts Monday and being told something similar.

Considering there are children present, I will restrain my typing. Otherwise, I may teach everyone some new, colorful terminology to express their disgust. :x

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:54 pm

:roll:

Nothing new, you know that............

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:04 am

Still FW-190s so far, but I did see some 32x 88s in the Brea WalMart.

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:47 am

Cerritos Walmart - Fw-109's, P-47 bubbletops, 1/6th scale jeep. The're all located at the top shelf. You may need some assistance getting them down.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:51 pm

Expecting lots of 1:18 stuff, I recon the closest WM, a new Perth Amboy, NJ store and what do I find?

Three planes - 2 Corsairs and one Me-109. That's all in the entire store. All three at $39.99. NO vehicles, NO figures. Three planes, on a top rear wall shelf so high even a guy not vertically changelled like your reporter couldn't reach

I guess nothing changes. WM is WM, nuff said.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Razor17019

Northern KY

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:11 pm

I have been so frustrated with the local WMs in my area for not having any XD BOB figures, Halftracks etc. I went there today looking for another totally different item and low and behold I found a few 1/32 items on the shelves next to the 39.99 dollar spits/109s that have been there collecting dust since Eisenhower was in office!

I don't usually collect 1/32 items. I am strickly a 1/18 guy.
But, I moved a few around and BAM I found a M113 vietnam style APC.
It looked sooo good I had to get it.
So hopefully they may be getting more of the other 1/18 items in if they started getting new 1/32 items.
I am checking out a few other WMs tomorrow.
But with gas @ over 2 bucks a gallon, it stinks driving around and finding NOTHING!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:29 pm

I feel ya on the gas. I just filled my truck up today and it cost $40. :evil:
It usually runs around $25.

Slobodon.Ginfizz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Slobodon.Ginfizz » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:48 am

I don't think the presence of 32x items is any harbinger for carrying the new 1:18 items. Northern VA has had the 32x items (along with the ubiquitous FW190s) for some time, but we're not getting any of the figures or new vehicles here. I haven't bought from Walmart in quite a while ( they pissed me off ), but I check on them out of curiosity.

The Winchester Walmart, which has consistantly had the most of any area Walmart, put everything on clearance after Christmas and now carries nothing. The other 6(!) Walmarts I've checked out have had a few planes and handful of 32X items here or there.

But don't worry, every store I went to had a least one full aisle, sometimes two, full of new Revenge of the Sith landfill. Yeah, they're not overestimating the demand for that dying franchise.

Never say never, but I'm not going to bother checking again until someone posts here that the new stuff has shown up in my area. I have the feeling I'll be waiting a while.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:23 pm

Yeah, they're not overestimating the demand for that dying franchise.
Uh, this may come as a shock but SW is still chugging along, and in a movie year their sales are guaranteed to turn tidy profits. With Lucas confirming 2 TV series (The Clone Wars "shorts" genereated their own toy lines that have done phenomenally well btw), and the fact that Hasbro keeps insisting that they got the license till 2018 to actually work with production, well I don't think you'll see the line die out in a year or two... It's hardly a "dying franchise", and while I loves me some XD, Star Wars will always be where the majority of my $$'s going for toys... Till 21st proves they can put out figures like Hasbro can anyway. ;)

I wouldn't expect Star Wars to go away any time soon though... I actually was just talking to Hasbro, and they've got some of their best work coming out. The Evolutions sets had me drooling... Not to mention the latest waves of ROTS are just this week showing up at Target stores... I got to see sales figures from a local WM, and I think people woudl be surprised how much of what's there isn't "backup" of figures, but restocked stuff after initial sales. Yikes. It's mind-boggling.

The sad thing is, XD is non-existant in Pittsburgh right now. I don't know a single WM with figures, and I haven't seen a plane or armor piece in what seems like going on 2 months now since I saw the last Shermans on the shelves. The M113 I only see one of at a nearby WM in a beat-to-hell box. No figures, no planes... Just some left-over AA Hueys.

I'd love to buy figures, but if WM doesn't put them out, that won't happen for me in my neck of the woods.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!