Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:53 pm

With the price of gas SOARING up to 3.79 a gal in my area, I have resorted to getting my Indy fix online. I used Walmart.com to get some of the harder to find stuff. For me it was: German Motorcycle and rider, Indy on the Horse and the Temple of doom playset (I see a converted DAK dio out of that one) all for 31.00 bucks shipped to my local WM which is about 3 miles down the road. I saved over 10 bucks in shipping cost and the price of gas running around looking for this stuff.
Bad part is the order won't be ready till 5/19 -5/23 :cry:

BTW: the Walmart website said that these items were "not available in stores". Has anyone found any of these 3 items in WM?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed May 07, 2008 9:00 pm

I have seen everything but the Temple of doom playset..I belive that will come out in the next wave.

Check out this link and preview all the new John Williams scores for The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Many have tunes from Raiders and they all sound great.

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Kin ... 484&sr=8-3

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 08, 2008 10:17 am

Tambo wrote:Check out this link and preview all the new John Williams scores for The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Awesome :D Will be getting this score to add to may extensive John Williams collection.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:55 pm

Anyone here getting the Jungle Cutter?

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Thu May 08, 2008 5:22 pm

I think the Russian Soldier has become a hot seller. I went to one Walmart, three Targets and one TRU's today and found most of the figures and three of the Russian Officers but not one of the Russian Soldier. Clerk at TRU's told me that some guy came in and grabbed up most of their figures after they put them out.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu May 08, 2008 6:25 pm

I plan to get the cutter most likely unless it's terribly off in some way or another to the film vehicle. Hasbro's done well by me so far with the new Indy line though and unless the movie's very unappealing, I'll likely pick up most (if not all) of the new toys for it along with the toys to the old films I already love.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu May 08, 2008 8:28 pm

the jungle cutter doesnt look like anything real and i suspect it's way under scale so i doubt i'll get it.

We havent gotten the Crystal Skull figures up here yet but when we do, the russian soldier will be a hot seller here too. I plan to get about 30 of them to horde away.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

topnotch97
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by topnotch97 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:16 am

are the figs head swapable?

i was think head swapping those Cairo figs, so that i could build a small Al-Qaeda group for my GI Joes.

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:51 am

topnotch97 wrote:are the figs head swapable?

i was think head swapping those Cairo figs, so that i could build a small Al-Qaeda group for my GI Joes.
Yes and no. The neck balls are different sizes, so some work may be needed to put the desired head on the desired body. Why they couldn't make it a universal size (like GI Joe) is beyond me. Star Wars is the same way. Its frustrating that Hasbro didn't think to make these lines easily compatible for customizing.

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Fri May 09, 2008 1:54 pm

topnotch97 wrote:are the figs head swapable?

you must have read my mind

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Found the German two-packs and that wonderful little set with Indy and the Ark of the Covenant. How cool to have toys of an archaeology professor and a Judeo-Christian religious relic 8)

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri May 09, 2008 10:56 pm

I can't speak with certainty, but Hasbro's addressed the matter somewhat and claims it's an issue of production at various facilities, sculpting by various artists, etc.

It's possible that G.I. Joe is seeing smaller production runs from one factory whereas Star Wars and Indy are spread over a larger department and larger production facilities... Hasbro's claimed the first part of that argument (That it's just the variety that comes from many toy designers + multiple factories overseas), but on the G.I. Joe comparison, I am only speculating.

GIJ has certainly had lower production, at least till recently, compared to Star Wars and (so far) Indy. GI Joes are popular, but I think it's pretty unmistakeable that their production isn't anywhere near demand yet either, and that there's just not as much of that product making it to shelves even.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat May 10, 2008 7:40 am

Heads ARE swapable :)
They also swap with the newer Star wars figures and some GI Joe figures too. I don't have any detailed pic.s other than the Red Army pic.s, but I've swapped some heads wit hGI Joe heads just last night on the German motorcycle figure. I'll have to post some pic.s ;) Now I'm off to the post office to mail reinforcements to a few other AOs :P General Blasto

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun May 11, 2008 12:13 pm

I’m not sure if these have been found yet but I just picked up 2 of the new Indy play sets. I got the Temple pitfall and the Temple trap. I also saw the horse and motorcycle packs as well; which I know have been out but it’s the first I have seen them locally. I would have bought those too but I have them ordered from the Wal-Mart store. Still no email telling me to come get them! It was the Eastgate store if anyone’s interested. :wink:

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sun May 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Looks like K-mart will knock five bucks off of any $20 or more Indiana Jones purchases this week . Not sure if this is regional or what its in Sundays k-mart ad here.
Could not think of anything to put here.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun May 11, 2008 2:56 pm

That makes them almost retail price at every other store! :shock: Wow!

:wink:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:40 pm

kimtheredxd wrote:Looks like K-mart will knock five bucks off of any $20 or more Indiana Jones purchases this week . Not sure if this is regional or what its in Sundays k-mart ad here.
Is that per 20.00 item or total amount of Indy product purchased together?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Ws saying total amount as in 20 or more so just do many 20 buck purchases may take longer but worth the time.
Could not think of anything to put here.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 am

got my first couple of russians today. 2 officers. No soldiers in sight. I like the officers. I await the soldiers.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Saw the Swamp Cutter tractor today. It looked interesting and seems pretty faithful to what's in the movie, but is a bit unrealistic for me so I passed... Still, with alot of modifications, it could work for something if someone got creative enough :wink:

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Yup, someone else I know got one too, so I'd say a revision vehicle case is shipping unless it's solid Jungle Cutter boxes. I'm hoping it is German trucks packed in and Target gets them in, to cut the cost down. I need more trucks dang it.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Trucks?

Post by dandaman » Tue May 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Jesse James wrote:Yup, someone else I know got one too, so I'd say a revision vehicle case is shipping unless it's solid Jungle Cutter boxes. I'm hoping it is German trucks packed in and Target gets them in, to cut the cost down. I need more trucks dang it.
I was at target today and they were stocking the indy figs
the jungle cutter was boxed with the staff car, there was no trucks i asked the guy if they had any trucks he said not with this shipment.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed May 14, 2008 3:05 pm

the trucks and the troop cars (to my surprise) seem both to be selling quite well in my area.

It is nice to have a german truck at last. Don't know why i like it but i do.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed May 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Because it's f'n sweet you love it! Yeah!

Well, they're both pretty nice...

Bummer on the case assortment, thanks though for the heads up. Not that I mind more AT Cars either, as I'm thinking I may go for a functional convertible top on one.