Avenger Delayed.....Wahhh! :(

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Avenger Delayed.....Wahhh! :(

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:10 pm

I was reading on the Bad Cat site that the Avenger and F-104 were delayed until late summer along with the new P-51D. The Avenger has been advertised for over a year I wonder what gives.

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:23 pm

Well at least it isn't postponed indefinitely.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:09 pm

Most of the items that have taken a long time and have been delayed have turned out to be pretty good ones. Who knows, maybe they are trying to make this one as flawless as possible, I think it will be worth it in the long run.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:23 pm

:x :x :x :x :x

... but then there is the Area21 info saying the products are "on schedule," whatever that means!

This may very well indicate that the aircraft will show at Wal Mart around the scheduled time and then the small retailers, or vice versa. I am sure the new aircraft will be of excellent quality and simply the most awesome 1:18 aircraft of any company to date, but enough with the wait!! We have known about the intention to release the Avenger since February of 2004 and at this rate it will be February of 2006 by the time it is finally out. Should we have to wait that long, they had better be at EVERY Wal Mart and EVERY small retailer and with NO quality control issues!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:47 pm

Guys... Really, I'd only take to heart what Area21 says. Remember, BadCat did get the delays incorrect last time. They are a great great place of course, but sometimes they might jump the gun.

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:38 am

I don't care how long it takes to get them out..... as long as the QC and distribution issues have been resolved. I'm sure the new planes will be worth the wait, IF in fact they have been delayed. We'll see :shock: !

-Rob

Big Duke 6
Sergeant
Sergeant

Avenger

Post by Big Duke 6 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:34 am

Since I didn't see a painted version in a box at toyfair, I thought it may be later then sooner !!!

BD6

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:33 am

So the wait continues. I see Bad Cat as the photo of the new tooled Mustang on their site saying "paint scheme subject to change" and I hope thats true because I want one thats done up in the paint schemes of the 357th or 352nd Fighter Groups. As for the Avenger I think we have all waited long enough but if the thing is going to be near perfect the wait will be worth it.

:lol:

digger

?

Post by digger » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:37 am

Hopefully P-51 is right. What it could mean is that first run is going to Wallyworld, and BCA will get their's in the summer. Sort of how they announced "the release" of the Kiowa about 3 months after it had arrived at tru.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:00 am

USCGSARdog wrote:I don't care how long it takes to get them out..... as long as the QC and distribution issues have been resolved. I'm sure the new planes will be worth the wait, IF in fact they have been delayed. We'll see :shock: !

-Rob
Amen...we've waited this long, whats another 2-3 years :lol:

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:45 pm

The least 21st could do for us is to post some sexy pics of the lady when they get a final paint proof or whatever they are called. and when I say pics i mean LOT'O pics! show us all the details! :P

JimBob55
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Avenger

Post by JimBob55 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:36 pm

I agree that it should be worth the wait. The photos from the toy show sure were tantalizing!!

With the second paint scheme being shown on the F-104, perhaps we'll see one or more master model schemes for the TBM even before its release. The first one we saw was the Atlantic ASW paint scheme. There has been talk of the Flight 19 Avenger, which was the late war all-blue version. One version which has been mentioned as attractive is the Pacific theatre three-tone paint scheme.

While I want the Avenger NOW :wink:, I also appreciate the time, research, and effort involved to produce such a detailed model. I'm sure that 21C wants to work out all the bugs before releasing it.

JimBob

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Ok so we wait

Post by jhogan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:47 am

We all agree we want the Avenger to be first class. I'm sure 21C has the same goal. If we have to wait - so be it. But what is wrong with 21C just placing a post confirming the delay (or offical release through their dealers) and provide a new release date? The Avenger is known to the industry. What does 21C gain by being silent?

digger

?

Post by digger » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:13 am

Has thee Aveneger been officially delayed again? Where did you hear that?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:21 am

What started this whole thread was an announcement by BCA anouncing a delay: Mid-Late Summer for the Avenger, June for the F-104, Mid Summer for the S2 109G. We have yet to hear anything from Area21, which still says May for the F-104 and early June for the Avenger. Given that Area21 is tied directly with 21c and BCA is a reputable dealer with 21c, it is hard to say who is correct. I'm placing my bets with Area21, however!

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:50 pm

I think digger was probably right the first time. Since Wal-Mart is now alotting more space and product to XD, having a window of exclusivity on a hotly-anticipated product sounds like something they might demand. So they're probably both right.

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

What's really rotten

Post by OnWu » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:59 pm

Whats really rotten is that Wal Mart demands that 21st holds the line on their price for the TBM even though it is much more detailed and complicated to produce than most XD. To compensate, 21st will be raising the base price independent dealers pay for this plane in order to offset Wal Marts good deal. I anticipate the small dealer price for the TBM will be more than Wal Mart's retail price. If that's the case, expect small dealers clearing out the shelves of surrounding Wal Marts.

Disgruntled hobbist/part-time retailer.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:55 pm

I will check into the status of both the Avenger and the F-104. I know that they are both running a little late, but I will look into it and post a new update ASAP.

As far as the pricing goes, it is my understanding that the price to both Wal-Mart and Retail shops will remain exactly as it has in the past with other 1:18 scale aircraft. Some planes are just bigger than others. I think the torpedo is sold in a seperate blister pack to keep costs down. :lol: -Just teasing. Rest assured the plane will come complete with the torpedo!

Hang in there and I will see where they stand on delivery dates.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:49 am

tko211 wrote: I think the torpedo is sold in a seperate blister pack to keep costs down. :lol: .
But, I want depth charges ;)

:lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:22 am

tko211 wrote:Rest assured the plane will come complete with the torpedo!
Now you have to make a Japanese transport in 1:18 for the Avenger to sink!

Have you considered morotizing the torpedo? I know that small battery-powered boat motors are made (Playmobil has some nice ones) that would fit easily within the torpedo. Get the torpedo ballanced correctly, and you could drop it in the pool and let it fly :P

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:20 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
tko211 wrote:Rest assured the plane will come complete with the torpedo!
Now you have to make a Japanese transport in 1:18 for the Avenger to sink!

Have you considered morotizing the torpedo? I know that small battery-powered boat motors are made (Playmobil has some nice ones) that would fit easily within the torpedo. Get the torpedo ballanced correctly, and you could drop it in the pool and let it fly :P
Negative there Ghostrider.... It HAS to be a 1:18 Type IX U-505 sub. Make no mistake about that!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Fri May 20, 2005 6:40 pm

Update from BCA. No surprise:

UPDATE 5/20/05: Our sources are estimating this much anticipated product for a Fall '05 release. No definitive information on paint schemes.

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Right

Post by OnWu » Fri May 20, 2005 7:34 pm

Tmanthegreat wrote:
Given that Area21 is tied directly with 21c and BCA is a reputable dealer with 21c, it is hard to say who is correct. I'm placing my bets with Area21, however!

You lose.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sat May 21, 2005 4:03 pm

Well, well, well. It looks as though 21st Century has NOW delayed the release of the Avenger and their re-tooled P-51 until Fall 2005. Why am I NOT surprised at that? I mean I had a feeling that was going to happen. Once again we get delays upon delays from 21st Century. I would really like to hear what the excuse is THIS time, or will we even get one? Personally I'm getting tired of this crap with 21st. I think that all I'm gonna do is get their Spitfire and thier Thunderbolt and call it quits with them. I dont need their re-tooled Mustang because in my book I have the one from BBI and its good enough for me. The Avenger? I will get it but wont hold my breath for any release dates and wont get it until Bad Cat posts it on their website.

Sorry guys but I think its time for BBI to come out of hiding and give 21st a run for their money and I hope they do it soon because 21st may have just lost a buyer of their product in me.

:evil:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat May 21, 2005 8:08 pm

Also, shouldn't we be hearing something from Area 21?
I thought they were supposed to be tied in with 21st and keeping us informed of such things as these delays. Oh well, I guess my money can make a few more months of interest. :(