F-86 "The Huff"?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:23 pm

You know, while we're on the topic of the 21c F-86 and given that TKO211 has now taken an interest, what ever happened to the "Mig Mad Mavis" scheme?

We've gotten three Mig-15 schemes, but only two for the F-86. Kind of hoped we would have seen that scheme, now that the F-86 has come and gone from mass retail. However, there are the F-86 repaints from Admiral Toys to fill in the gap, and those are even a different model-variant of the plane :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:26 pm

TKO, will there be other F-86 repaints? How about a Canadian CL-13? Nice! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:23 am

DCMACHARLIE:

Have you received your Huff yet?
If so, how do you like it and were there any defects?

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

should be soon

Post by dcmacharlie » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi i have not received it yet but should be any day and when i get her ill put it together and take some pictures of all three that i have, almost have a squadron, and send to the forum. The pictures of yours were fantastic!!!! what else do you have in 1:18? I got the TBF-1 Avenger Torpedo bomber the other day and the thing is gigantic almost to big,had trouble putting on the left stab and had to use the super glue tester combo and glued it on just fine. by the way have you seen the U tube videos of the RC gigantic scale of the F-86 really impressive it could pass for a real 86, take care and looking forward to seeing any new jets in 1:18 scale this year I hope. :) :?

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Paint

Post by Folkwulfe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Just a side note....when AT first came out with the F-86, I grabbed one as quick as I could. Like most of you, I found the overall paint and fit to be excellent, but several months down the road I found a curious fault. All the markings and paint look great....that is until you look under the right wing. The "star and bar" are upside down. It took awhile to spot...and several other people found out their's was the same. I have no idea if AT finally corrected this (I haven't corrected mine) in later production runs....so you might want to look at yours closely. I also own both Mitch and the Huff, and except for the missing ID bands under both wings, mine has excellent paint and markings. I used a spare Mitch for the SAAF Sabre mod and it also looks great (I had to add the ID bands to that one).
You can see those mods here at viewtopic.php?t=9047
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

F-86 Huff

Post by dcmacharlie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:11 pm

Paul and Dragon 53
Well the Huff came in the mail today and after a few minutes of putting together she really looks nice, Of the three I own, Patricia ll and the Jolly Roger it would be hard to pick the best one, but she is right there at the top if not the top one, in my opinion. You had mentioned if it had any defects what specifically are you asking about? Here is a picture of it! and this week end if the weather is nice I am taking all the them out side for a photo shoot and will post them. Carlos

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:25 pm

Looks good Carols. I have never seen any close ups of the AT Sabre with the wing slats. Would you willing to post some for us?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

wing slats

Post by dcmacharlie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:17 pm

As we speak!!! your wish is my command Carlos give me 5

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

Slats

Post by dcmacharlie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 pm

Ok here is the Patrica ll with leading edge slats just took these!!! sorry if i did not do a good job will try this weekend with all three together and will post for all to see carlos

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:16 am

DCMACHARLIE:

Great photos.
My Huff had 2 minor defects (not including the previously mentioned missing underwing yellow stripes)---thin paint overspray on the black radome and lumpy glue or paint on the right nose seam---not a big deal since I only look at the left side where the Huff dragon is.

The Huff Dragon cartoon paint itself is very good.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:58 am

Here is mine after few paint tweeks.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

F-86

Post by dcmacharlie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Nice!!!! how did you attach the little part on the wing that lets you open the gun bay doors ( little piece hanging) and how do you open the gun bay door tried all kinds of pushing in on it but no luck :roll: carlos

olifant

Re: Slats

Post by olifant » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:33 pm

dcmacharlie wrote:Image

Ok here is the Patrica ll with leading edge slats just took these!!! sorry if i did not do a good job will try this weekend with all three together and will post for all to see carlos
Thank you for taking the time to post these Carlos. I haven't seen these views and appreciate it very much! It looks great! 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 pm

I think Mig Mad Mavis is still going to be S3... But I think I would rather see something different like a CAF bird or even a different US version myself. Yes there will be more schemes that will follow. I think it's just a matter of time. I want to see another F-86 and another Starfighter... How about that Bavarian scheme we saw a year or so ago?

What do you guys think?

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:02 pm

I would really like to see a CAF Sabre also.

VMF115

Re: F-86

Post by VMF115 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:06 am

dcmacharlie wrote:Nice!!!! how did you attach the little part on the wing that lets you open the gun bay doors ( little piece hanging) and how do you open the gun bay door tried all kinds of pushing in on it but no luck :roll: carlos
It’s fishing line, I tied the back into knots and stuck it in the opening, it works I can retract it in and out as for getting the fishing line on to the small parts, I carved out a little U shaped down the spine on that little part. as for getting the gun doors open it real easy push on the back part of the gun panels both should open on each side.

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

F-86

Post by dcmacharlie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Thank you for the information ill also rig up that piece
Question does that piece on both sides have to be out to open the gun doors? :?