NEW! 21st Century Toy Fair Pictures!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

COED

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:34 am

I never liked the name on the tank. So, I didn't buy it for forever and a day. But, as talk of the Marines comming out became more serious, I nabbed one off of eBay. My Devil Dogs are going to need armored support if they are ever going to hit those beaches.
Aaron

red69charger
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/18 Mk IV

Post by red69charger » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:02 am

I know I'll be buying at least 5 of those Mk IVs. Of course that means I will probably have to finish and sell the 1/15 one I've been working for some time now. That should cover most of the cost of a platoon of these babies. And then there's all the customizing possibilities that have already been mentioned ...

I wonder if 21st is planning on using the existing chassis mold for this one and simply change the upper hull / turret to do a wider variety of vehicles more cheaply?

red69charger
Sergeant
Sergeant

ready for production?

Post by red69charger » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:07 am

I looked at that Mk IV photo a little more closely and I agree that it appears to be a production piece rather than simply a prototype. The paint job looks too simple to be a custom and, it may just be the photo, but there appears to be a seam on the gun barrel from a mold.

I REALLY hope 21st is going to make this one!

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Mk IV and Avenger

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:20 pm

With BBI entering the WW2 field now it seems.I dont think 21st has a choice on the Mk IV but to produce it.They need a new piece of armor to go head to head against the BBi Sherman and you go to admit we all will probably buy way more of the Mk IV's than Sherman.I am hoping it has great intierior details,those side hatchs just beg for it!Now any one notice the Avenger was a no show at the toy show?Did i miss it or something?I was so looking forward to it it was one of the reasons i decided to start up 1/18th scale again. (fingers crossed the avenger will be in my stocking this year)

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:55 pm

kimtheredxd, excellent point about the Avenger. I hope all is well with the Avenger and that 21st is still planning to produce it. P-51, Any info from contacts? :D

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Avenger

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:08 pm

The Avenger is still on 21st's radar, but is not even in pre-production yet, per Bad Cat.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:18 pm

it wasn't shown at the Feb. toy show either and except for a brief scare, is still planned, as far as we know. The new 109G wasn't shown either and i have no doubt it's coming soon.

It's more likely that they need whatever examples they have of these planes for work to be done on them and don't want to/can't cart them around to toy shows.

I still think the Avenger will be a late year show, maybe early Jan. at the outside. It seems that the bubbletop P-47 has been delayed a bit for some reason. I was expecting that we'd be getting first sightings of it a couple of weeks ago but so far, nothing.

What is causing the delay is anyone's guess. Could be the factories are busy with extra Christmas toy production and everybody's stuff is getting delayed a bit, it could be dock strikes somewhere, it could be that WM wants 21c to slow down on delivery of new items a bit etc....

But whatever the case, airplanes have shown to be very good sellers so i think we've got many more of them in our future. :)

As for armour goes...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:46 am

"As for armour goes..."

...the M113, per a boardmember's observaion, has just shown up at Wal Mart! The first truly new piece of 1:18 armor in nearly two years. That field isn't dead yet!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:05 am

so it would seem.... :)

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:41 pm

That Panzer IV kicks butt! Thank you 21st.I think this warrents a personal thank call to 21st Century. :D

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.