BBI Black Hawks 1/18

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

BBI Black Hawks 1/18

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:13 pm

Can you plane guys tell me the difference between the Army OD Black Hawk and the Pave Hawk.

I see three different models, the Pave Hawk, the OD Army Black Hawk one with a pilot and external gas tanks? and a third (OD) with the pilot and 4 figures with no external tanks?

Is one model better than the others?

OK, OK, so I'm leaving the ground, I'm getting itchy waiting forever for my Avenger.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:28 pm

A third one? Where'd you see that?

I have the first two (Black Hawk and Pave Hawk), and the only difference is the paint job and markings. Other than that they're exactly the same. I'm not familiar with the 4 figs/no fuel tank version :?:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:14 am

There are a couple of Black Hawks now on eBay with four figures besides the pilot and piles of gear. I thought they were the same because when I purchased the Army green version with the pilot, the TRU register slip says "Pave Hawk".

Just curious.

TTT

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:17 am

can you post a link for one of those auctions?

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:30 am

This 3rd option sounds more like the PTE Blackhawk (if so way smaller than the BBI,though we all knew that ;) ).

I`ve not seen a BBI one with extra figures & acc`s,if this is so l too am interested in seeing this.

Not got the Pavehawk yet myself (hoping a UK retailer will have them soon),though does it come with In flight Refuel probe??

SB

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:01 pm

No the Pavehawk does not have any of the structural modifications it should have to be correct. It's just a different paint job.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Link for current auction, Black Hzwk with extra figures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

TTT

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

PTE

Post by tderespino » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:25 pm

that is the Power team Army blackhawk...t

ExtnsvEnterprise
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ExtnsvEnterprise » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:51 am

Hey TTT,

I'd check out KB Toys for this line of products...or the new PowerTeamUSA.com

At KB they're only $9.99, and that auction closed for over $30! :oops:

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/P ... stock/Y/D/
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people...

dzirhan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dzirhan » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:21 am

The only problem is that from what I see on pictures that have been posted is that the PTE Blackhawk is noticeably smaller than the BBI Blackhawk so they are not compatible for scenes together.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:59 am

Aferg,thank`s for the answer to my question on the pavehawk :D

As for the PTE Blackhawk,well l have one next to my BBI one & it`s Waaaay underscale.

Only think l can suggest IF you wanted to use it with a BBI one,use the PTE for Downed Blackhawk.

Or alternatively do a custom job with the PTE one. I plan on using the main body of my PTE version to turn into a Interior dio of AIRWOLF.
Maybe also do the cosmetics on the outside main body too.

As l did Dom & String years ago & always wanted either a 1/18 Airwolf or at least a Interior Dio for them. Now that`s possible.

SB

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:25 am

I have had a pair of Blackhawks flying over my house this weekend. It may be something to do with the flooding in the area(NorthernNJ) or a drill weekend. Anyhow, they have refueling pylons protruding from the side, extending all the way up front almost to the edge of the rotor. Are these Army? I was thinking they were Navy or USMC, but I cant get a clear veiw of them. Can hear them coming for a ways though but not as noisy as the Hueys that fly by here once in a while.

TJ

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:32 pm

I would say they were army birds. Could possibly be air force, maybe. I don't believe the USMC flys any H-60's. Navy SH and HH models don't have the external stores stub pylons like the armys UH model.

Yep, probably army.

However, If you are speaking of a refuling probe extending from the front of the helo, its most likley a MH-60G...... an air force bird.

Are you confused now? :lol:

-Rob

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:15 am

Cool. They had the long refueling probe and the external stores like you say. I just learned that state is having some sort of state wide exercise involving the military and emergency services this week. We do have a AFB in Jersey, McGuire I think, so that may explain the AF presence up north here. Thanks for the info. I will keep my digital camera handy and try to get a shot of them when they fly by...

TJ

digger

PTE BH

Post by digger » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:06 am

TTT and all who are interested - the PTE BHs are now just 10 bucks at KB. They always catch my eye as such a cool toy for the price but I never could get over the scale. Now you can buy one just to destroy or use the gear it comes with. I also like the carbines that PTE makes.

chiefslady
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chiefslady » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:26 pm

Hello guys,
I am looking for the 1:18 Pave helicopter and a Huey and I'm also looking for a Kiowa but I dont think it has come out yet. I am looking for these for my husband he is deployed to Iraq and they have cut there access to outside sites so he can't get to your forum anymore until he gets back next year unless they release there access again it comes and goes. Thats the military. Any help wil be greatly appreciated. I have been ordering from Bad Cat Aviation but I'm not sure where else to go or how to look them up on Ebay.

Thanks in advance.....
Chiefslady

P.S.
I'm not a grunt my husband is a Maintenance Tech I have no idea how that got on there I'm a little computer challenged in some areas so please be understanding.

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:46 pm

Its just a designation assigned to you based on how many posts you have; since you're new to the site you're called a "grunt" :)

The Kiowa so far has only showed up at TRU as far as I know. You can get it through amazon.com here: BBI Kiowa

There are several versions of the Huey, are you looking for one in particular? The latest release is the Shark Mouth, which Toys and Swords has on sale for $30 right now: Huey
Also a desert camo version will be released for the Sahara line, but its not out yet.

The Pave Hawk you can find at most online retailers. Toys and Swords has it, as does Big Bad Toy Store and Smalljoes. I think Bad Cat has it as well.

For ebay searches I usually try "1:18 elite force", "1:18 bbi", "ultimate soldier", "motorworks", and often just "1:18" or "xd" plus whatever it is I'm looking for specifically.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the board!