next toy fair?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:16 pm

I do have a request for any Toy Fair goers... bbi debuted a new Cy Girl figure at the Hong Kong show, and Merit now has the figure (Mystere) listed on their website, but with very little info. If someone attending to the NY show could find out when the figure will be released in the US, and through what channels, I would be greatly appreciative. For the past couple years, everything has gone through Takara-Tomy, and as ispecial mport only, so the idea of a real US release again gives me hope. Thanks!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Looks like Merit/BBI is going to be a no-show this year. I can't find any booth for them on the floor plans this year either.

BTW: Are any board members going?

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Merit/BBI will probably present under the Parent company, "Blue Box Toys," which is listed as an exhibitor.

normandy

Area 21.....

Post by normandy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Area 21 says it will be " working remotely with a local Fan to serve as rocon agent " at the upcoming toy fair.
http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/a ... newsID=314

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:16 pm

mountian-man wrote:Merit/BBI will probably present under the Parent company, "Blue Box Toys," which is listed as an exhibitor.
I talked to Tony of Merit today. He said that Merit will not attend the show as an exhibitor. However, he personally will be at the show.

Regards,
Jacob
for
Jason

digger

Post by digger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:I talked to Tony of Merit today. He said that Merit will not attend the show as an exhibitor. However, he personally will be at the show.

Regards,
Jacob
for
Jason
that hurts. I look forward to seeing pics of their stuff at all the toy shows because you never know when things will appear out of the blue with them. To not do NYTF is interesting...they are really pulling back more than ever.

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Area 21.....

Post by Buckyroo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

normandy wrote:Area 21 says it will be " working remotely with a local Fan to serve as rocon agent " at the upcoming toy fair.
http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/a ... newsID=314
I see 21st is talking up the new 1/32 line of airplanes; boy I sure hope they have some new 1/18 stuff too. Repaints, new products, anything to add to my 1/18 airplanes.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 am

Hey Guys,

I just want to give credit here where credit will be due. I have personally contacted and asked "Digger" from our forum to act as my eyes on the ground this year. Due to prior business arrangements I am unable to be there in person. I have been provided the detials of what is and what won't be shown at the booth this year. Many of you guys are friends here and I enjoy my membership here as a fan myself. I asked Digger for several reasons, but the fact that I know he lives only a couple blocks from the Show venue helped the most! -thanks again Digger for taking on the recon assignment myself and the fans of this forum thank you!

So what can you expect to see?... Well, as others have already pointed out. The need for secrecy on all fronts is there for sure. But- frankly, the show is intended to be a working show for retailers and buyers to view products that they can order up today! Because AREA-21 has been so well informed over the last few months with the announcements of new developments, many of these itmes we already know of will be presented to buyers for the first time.

With that said- 21C also understands the fans desire to get a peek in to the crystal ball in hopes to see the future. So I have been told that there are a few things that will be shown for the first time. I know that one of these items is the first look at the new 32X plane. I have been told there will be others, but even I am in the dark on some of the stuff. Seems this time around Digger will actually be the firat fan to see and photograph some of these items.

The great news is that there is a big booth planned and there are many things to see and get excited for as we anticipate the release several cool toys this year!

-TKO
Last edited by tko211 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:31 am

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks TKO! Bring 'em on!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:33 am

Oh!! Digger's not aussie!! I always thought he was. My bad. My thanks to both of you for doing this.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 am

Naw, Digger is NYC all the way! LOL- I met him in person about 4 years ago at the show. Somehow he and Teamski snuck into the show or perhaps used some NYC influence to get in. :wink:

Anyway, both Digger and Teamski were great to meet in person. Good guys- both of them.
Digger will do a great job for us and this time he won't have to sneak in! LOL

When I go out next year Difgger I will owe you a dinner my friend! Thanks for having our backs!

digger

nytf

Post by digger » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:08 am

Already told Zach I am not doing him a favor - I don't think anyone on this board would mind going to NYTF. Charging camera as we speak. :D

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: nytf

Post by zonetoys » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:28 am

digger wrote:Charging camera as we speak. :D
Digger,
All I can say when you take pictures of 1:18 Armor, think Hi-Res! I want to drool in Hi-Res!
Looking forward to seeing more pics of the Flak 88 and King Tiger!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Tomorrow, Feb. 17, is the big day.

I hope BBI has an all-new, unannounced 1/32 modern jet to follow its successful F-4J...like an F-15C.

I hope 21st Century has all-new 1/18 Sherman with a 75mm and a Tiger I with zimmerit...and I hope 21st lifts the veil off its 1/18 F-4D Phantom II.

I hope I win the MegaMillions lottery even more. :D

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: nytf

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:33 am

digger wrote:Already told Zach I am not doing him a favor - I don't think anyone on this board would mind going to NYTF. Charging camera as we speak. :D
Just remember to take some pics for us small scale guys too! :D
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton