WWII Jeeps...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

WWII Jeeps...

Post by holensock » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:03 am

This has probably been covered alot, but what the heck...
With what it seems to be over 5,000 different paint jobs with halftracks, do you think we'll ever see any more variations of WWII Jeeps? This mold hasn't been lost, has it?
And did 21C ever release the BOB Jeep? Would LOVE to have one of those!!

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:53 am

21C DID release a BOB jeep because I finally found one 8)
They are one of the hardest ones to find and quite $$$ too :shock: Not as much as a Panther on evil bay, but darn well up over $70 if I remember correctly. I haven't had the heart to take it out of the box yet :oops: Da General

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

* 21st.C Jeeps ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:44 am

* I bought one of these BoB jeeps off a fellow board member not too long ago for what , let's see , $5.00 bucks ! * 8)

* Yeah , I still think it should be re-released.

* ... I still have the (S-1 OD) one , you sold me a couple a yrs. ago too , BoB. * :D

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:45 am

i remember years ago the original jeep was routinely selling for over $100. This was a year or two after it first came out.

We are in the eigth year of xd. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:16 am

Does anyone think that more molds than the Kubelwagon were destroyed? There are some items we haven't seen for awhile and the company could bring in some scratch by reissue. Just an observation.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:41 pm

While not too much beats the price of the 21C Kubel, you ought to check out the Minichamps 1/18 Kubel. Just awesome for detail. Working front steering, acurate engine..... metal body. Not cheap, but worth it....

Now, if you want cheap, look at the Gate Jeep. I'll never understand why such a great Jeep model can still be found dirt cheap. :lol:

My 2 cents.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Forward Observer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Forward Observer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:31 pm

Just thought I'd mention that there is a loose, beat up, dusty, and played with 21st C Jeep that may be even missing parts on EBay right now. The bidding was up to $50 plus shipping last time I looked and there is still a day to go.

I could kick myself for letting one of the Gates Jeeps get away few weeks ago. It went for only $24. I searched on the net for a while and the only place I found one in stock was in the UK. The price was reasonable at about $35, but it would cost an additional $80 to have it shipped.

I'll just wait and hope for a re-issue.

Cheers
Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:09 pm

I got a first-issue XD Jeep back in 2004 for about $25. It was complete with all parts, the box, and a couple Paratrooper figures thrown in as a bonus. Never did get one when they were at TRU, but I should have! Its a shame we haven't seen a new incarnation. The M151 re-releases from a couple years ago don't really count :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 am

MG...so that's where my jeep went! Now that I thought about it, I think I got rid of it because it was almost next to impossible trying to get the figures to SIT in it without breaking off the steering wheel or taking off the figures legs...I should've been more patient :wink:

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:14 pm

I always thought the BOB winter jeep looked the best. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to get any since none of them showed up here when they were released. Now, every time one shows up on-line they go for over $30 usually. I guess, if they don't re-release the winter jeeps, I can always turn my regular jeeps into winter versions with some white wash paint.