POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:14 pm

well thats a good sign - Every Target Ive checked out in the last week has the FOV WWII figures - even the stores still full of the modern soldiers...
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Dark Helmet
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dark Helmet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:58 am

Found two FOV 1/18 Shermans on the shelf at Target this morning, which was a nice sight considering they have had one Bradley on that shelf for the past month. I was hoping to find a camo Sherman but these were both the solid color type. I picked up one to add to the other couple that I already have, if for no other reason than to show Target that these WWII items will sell, and to keep them coming.
It is what it is.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:31 am

Dark Helmet wrote:Found two FOV 1/18 Shermans on the shelf at Target this morning, which was a nice sight considering they have had one Bradley on that shelf for the past month. I was hoping to find a camo Sherman but these were both the solid color type. I picked up one to add to the other couple that I already have, if for no other reason than to show Target that these WWII items will sell, and to keep them coming.
Were these on sale for 17.99, like the Bradleys?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Dark Helmet
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dark Helmet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:09 pm

No, they are back up to $19.99. I didn't scan the Bradley, but I assume it is back up to $19.99 as well.
It is what it is.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Stopped by Target to check if they received any 1/18 Shermans. They had two Bradleys on the shelf. This Target is notorius for not helping collectors! Especially if they have a product, even one, on the shelf they won't check. I stashed the two Bradleys and got an associate to check. "Yeah we have some in back, I'll be right back" he says. Drats!!! Another box of Bradleys!

Ray

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 am

After getting in the WWII figures, and they sold out pretty quick, the Target here has the pegs refilled!!!....with the FOV Modern troops. Now those will probably sit there for a long while and NO reorders will be made with hopes that the WWII figures will reappear. Do the Modern and WWII troops have the same scu #?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:06 pm

They probably share the same DPCI number, just different assortment numbers... I got the Germans and didn't even think to check the DPCI actually, but it's highly unlikely they're on another number than the modern figures are...

The number's on an automatic re-order, so whatever they get, they get... Basically the DC's will send out whatever they have of that number because such and such store's computer system has alerted them that they need that product in...

Life, and retail, is like a box of chocolates... ;)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm

so today in my hunt for Hauptmann and Beck I asked an associate if they had anymore tanks and she brought out a green and brown sherman and i looked at it and i have to say i'm disapointed. only 2 hatches open. it was very toy like and cheap made. and no accessories. this i will not pick up. I'll wait for BBI to come out with another sherman. now i have to see about the tiger.

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Last night I found the OD Sherman which completes the set of two. I have not seen any Abrahms since Christmas, nevertheless any Tigers. My assumption is that the Abrahms and Tiger share the same assortment number and I have missed my chance without even having one!

Has anyone seen Tigers recently or have they become extinct?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

RA5BS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by RA5BS » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Well, I made my routine fruitless Friday fig forage to the local Target. All I found was the same warmed over modern stuff. No Tiggers. No Shermies. And absolutely no Huns or Yanks, which at this point is what I crave most. Got a good look at some of the WW2 guys via pix posted on the Fox Hole Toys website. The Germans look fantastic- although I would take any and all of either I could get my dirty little paws around. Patience. More patience (I'm gettin' tired of stinkin'patience...)
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today..."

Gusthebus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gusthebus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Has anyone found the non-camo Tiger tank yet at Target? I noticed Fox Hole Toys has it on their website and you can order it.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Heck, I haven't even seen one Sherman in my area yet, and those are now "old finds." To hell with Target, FOV and their distribution :?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm with you T-Man. Haven't spotted any Shermies in Northern CA either! I'm beginning to feel like Target is morphing into a WM.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:25 am

I don't know if you guys know but you have to ask an associate to look out back. first take one of the Bradleys that is collecting dust on the shelf and take it to a scanner. If they have the same scanner that my stores have it will tell you if there is any out back. it'll say in stockroom yes or no. if it says yes then ask a toy associate and they will specifically look for the sherman or tiger. the prob is that the tanks are an assortment. so they have to dig thru the boxes till they find one. They may not like doing it but if it's not on the shelf they have to look for it. GOOD LUCK
I had to do this and the associate came back with the green and tan sherman which i looked at and was disapointed. I think one associate in another store looked but didn't open the box. she just told me they were all bradleys. I just would like to see a tiger. I think i may just spend the 20 bucks on more germans.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:12 am

I'll have to report that I've NEVER seen any tanks in the stores, paid thru the nose for most of mine on Evilbay and got the rest from someone here on the forum privately. Just in the last week have the WWII soldiers shown up, but the modern stuff is still here in vehicles, but most of the men are gone, So I think once the modern vehicles are gone, then the WWII vehicle will show up. Anyone seen the American halftrack with the quad 50s on it yet ??? I wonder if FOV will make jeeps and Kubelwagons :?: Maybe we might get a decent Opel Blitz German transport :P Da General

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:40 am

I've got five Targets in my AO, of the five two have WWII figures and only one has had WWII armor(Shermans both O.D.& Camo).
All five of these locations have had Abrams and most still have Bradleys but no Tigers. :evil:
Have there been any FOV Tiger I sightings in the last few weeks?

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:25 am

I gave up on hunting for a Sherman at Target because they looked mediocre in the photos posted here and they weren't worth the efforst---not a lot of detail, no figure, etc.
I'm hoping 21st Century will release a repaint of their 1/18 Sherman like the upcoming 1/18 Panther. I'd pay the extra money for a better Sherman.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am

normandy wrote:I've got five Targets in my AO, of the five two have WWII figures and only one has had WWII armor(Shermans both O.D.& Camo).
All five of these locations have had Abrams and most still have Bradleys but no Tigers. :evil:
Have there been any FOV Tiger I sightings in the last few weeks?
I have seen them pop up on Ebay here and there. But I have not seen any in Target for quite awhile.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello everyone, I've tried searching all over my AO for the elusive Sherman. So far in two weeks, I've invaded at least 14 Targets, and none of them have it. Surprisingly, a Target I visited for the first time today had a sign right below the Bradleys, it roughly said do not request any employee to go check the stockroom for anymore stock. I guess Target is getting annoyed with us... :?

Other than that, it looks like the Abrams and Tigers are gone permanently, as the last time I still saw them was right after Christmas and before New Years.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Sky Ray wrote:Hello everyone, I've tried searching all over my AO for the elusive Sherman. So far in two weeks, I've invaded at least 14 Targets, and none of them have it. Surprisingly, a Target I visited for the first time today had a sign right below the Bradleys, it roughly said do not request any employee to go check the stockroom for anymore stock. I guess Target is getting annoyed with us... :?
Where are you at in California? In central CA, its the same story. Just the same Bradleys that have been on the shelves for several months now. Some of the stores in the Fresno area have the WWII figures, but alas, no Shermans. I've given up holding my breath on that tank - my 21c version is still much better :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Gracias, Amigo...!

Post by c44 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Re: Fitzystigertank comments on scanners & associates...I've seen the target employees check stock room status this way, but when I scanned a Sherman recently, all I got was the price...so I dialed 2 to speak to an associate---and get a busy signal...so I find two red shirts speaking to each other in a foreign tongue (where do they recruit these folks, at Wal-Mart?) & try to communicate to them that the Sherman I'm holding has two colors, I'm looking for the one with one color...after some pointing to the back of the box & some broken English one guy disappears to the back & I wait...and wait...I was just about to head for the exit when the guy comes out with the solid green Sherman...my faith in humanity restored... :)
Re: Normandy's post on figs at Target...I'm never quite sure if any particular Target is carrying the WWII figs, but I'm meeting more & more collectors of war toys at various TRUs & Targets...the other day I was in a Target about 9:30 in the morning to find a guy had just beaten me to the last 5 WWII figures...if I had arrived three minutes later I would have assumed they weren't stocking them there...& I make it a point not to visit the same location of any WM, TRU, or the Targe more than once a week because that would mean I've totally lost control (they tried to get me to go to rehab, but I said XD, XD, XD...) :D
PS still haven't laid eyes on a Tiger myself, right now I'm going with the credo that the best way to find something is to stop looking---hope it works... :wink:
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:18 am

Can anyone with the all-olive drab FOV 1/18 Sherman post some NEW photos of it and also give your review of it compared to the 21st Century Sherman?

Thanks.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 am

tmanthegreat wrote: Where are you at in California? In central CA, its the same story. Just the same Bradleys that have been on the shelves for several months now. Some of the stores in the Fresno area have the WWII figures, but alas, no Shermans. I've given up holding my breath on that tank - my 21c version is still much better :wink:
Southern California, in particular, Los Angeles county. WWII figs are all over the place, so far I've no trouble acquiring extras as I've just got my second set of Germans. I'm pretty sure I will find the Sherman sooner or later, as there's a few more new Targets I plan to hit sometime this weekend and I'm also enjoying doing this road-trip all over the place.

Dark Helmet
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dark Helmet » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 am

Found two 1/18 FOV Shermans on the shelf this morning at Target. One of them was the camo version which I quickly latched onto, and the other was the solid o.d. version. I have seen probably eight of the solid o.d. versions since they first started appearing, but this was the first camo version that I have found. I don't own a 21st Century Sherman, so I really couldn't do a comparison, but I really am very happy with the FOV Shermans, as well as their Tiger. :D
It is what it is.