1:18 Adolf Galland Me-262

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

[+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:07 pm

[+] > Well , Galland is the familiar photo-op for this particular aircraft then.

[+] > The fact of the matter remains then , that technically , it's still STIGLER's aircraft no matter what !

Mitch v MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:20 pm

I don't know Heer Stiegler personally, so I can't speak for him. But from what I gather, Adolf Galland had a pretty good relationship with his people. So I highly doubt that it would be such an affront to Stiegler that White 3 is known as "Galland's 262"

If it offends you that much, go buy one, paint the pilot to look like Stiegler, and just call it Stiegler's 262. Because there's no marking on that aircraft that says it's Adolf Galland's, nor Stiegler's.

So it's really up to you! :D

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:34 pm

From what I understand the two men were close friends and both of them joked about the identity of the aircraft.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Timbo wrote:From what I understand the two men were close friends and both of them joked about the identity of the aircraft.
That was my understanding also. This isn't new, there are many warplanes history associates with one pilot, but in reality the pilots flew what was available and for many other reasons. This is a great opportunity to discuss what Tim? and Jason have pulled off here and how it also applies to other aircraft/pilots too.

Well done!
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

MG-42

[+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:10 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:I don't know Heer Stiegler personally, so I can't speak for him. But from what I gather, Adolf Galland had a pretty good relationship with his people. So I highly doubt that it would be such an affront to Stiegler that White 3 is known as "Galland's 262"

If it offends you that much, go buy one, paint the pilot to look like Stiegler, and just call it Stiegler's 262. Because there's no marking on that aircraft that says it's Adolf Galland's, nor Stiegler's.

>>> I just won't purchase the plane period ,....... how's that then ! * :lol:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:32 pm

I thought 21st was makeing one in the Galland livery. :D
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: [+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:06 pm

MG-42 wrote:
GooglyDoogly wrote:I don't know Heer Stiegler personally, so I can't speak for him. But from what I gather, Adolf Galland had a pretty good relationship with his people. So I highly doubt that it would be such an affront to Stiegler that White 3 is known as "Galland's 262"

I better buy a couple then, so AT wouldn't feel the impact of such a financial loss. :P :wink:

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:08 pm

VMF115 wrote:I thought 21st was makeing one in the Galland livery. :D
If they were, how much you wanna bet that it would have been marked as White 3? :lol: :lol:

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:14 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:
MG-42 wrote:

I better buy a couple then, so AT wouldn't feel the impact of such a financial loss. :P :wink:

>>> I'm sure that AT really does'nt care one way or the other. :P

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:33 pm

It's a nice scheme, however just how many 262's are people gonna buy?

I have 3 already :D I'll do my part to help support each companies 1/18 products.

DH

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 pm

MG-42 wrote:[+] > Well , Galland is the familiar photo-op for this particular aircraft then.

[+] > The fact of the matter remains then , that technically , it's still STIGLER's aircraft no matter what !

This is the same debate as on Wittmanns Tiger.. Was it his??? No, but he was in command of it when he died.. Was Gallands Me-262 his?? No, but he was the pilot of it when he flew it... So technically, if ATs version represents the Me-262 when Galland flew it, then that is good enough for me.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Even though this was posted when 21c first announced their 262, I just googled "me262 yellow 7" again with pretty much the same result. Yellow 7 is accepted as Ofw Heinz Arnold's & Lt Fritz Muller's mount. I truly believe this to be real common and not a big deal, they're still beautiful ships.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:34 am

I behoove you to find a single post were I, or Admiral Toys, have stated that it is Adolf Galland's aircraft. Do not waist your time. It has never been stated. If you own a White 7 then you know our understanding of the German air forces during the end of the war.

We just like the scheme and will produce it. There are a lot of 262s painted in that scheme. If you all are so bent our of shape that you are undecided because you don't believe one pilot flew the aircraft over the other, then we will simply put another number on the side. We can sell 1,500 of this scheme throughout the world even with ones indecision . If you miss out because you waited to see if Galland will speak about its authenticity then that is your choice. :lol:

Regards,
Jason

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:32 am

Jason, Great paint scheme! I don't care who flew it, thats one cool looking bird.

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:20 am

normandy wrote:Jason, Great paint scheme! I don't care who flew it, thats one cool looking bird.
2nd That

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:55 pm

It is interesting and amusing to see the passion for the hobby as evidenced in the above discussion.
T

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
There is an adverse effect for the bargains you are receiving lately. The manufacturers are not making what they expect per model when their projects went into development. This means it takes a lot longer for these “old, overdone, too many paint scheme models” to be paid off, and money earned to finish other aircraft and start new projects. If you wonder why the 1:18 market has slowed down and why you have not seen anything about some of the new projects promised by the manufacturers… all the above is the answer.
Hm..I missed this little tidbit of info. If that's true (and I think it is), that's quite troubling.

Are we so used to finding cheap and on-sale XDs at Wal Mart that we forgot that that is NOT the norm? If we find a bargain, (like AT's 262 at Badcat), then GREAT! AWESOME!

But we shouldn't expect that to be the price we pay EVERY TIME. These toy manufacturers aren't doing this because they love us. They are doing this to make money. The same goes for retailers who carry these toys. If they are not making money, then why should they carry them? :?

I admit, I usually don't think about that. As a collector/hobbyist, what I buy is dictated but what i like. If I like a particular plane/vehicle, I'm getting it as soon as I can. If not, then meh.

We demand perfection. We demand bigger planes. We demand new planes.

But when manufacturers give these to us, our answer is, "Oh, I'll just wait till it's on clearance." :?

We bitch and moan and fear to some degree about the future of 1/18, but I think that if this line do end (or slow down), there's nobody to blame but us.

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Awesome scheme!!!!, Stigler or Galland it is all good to me! I have a print of this plane and the paint is identical...perfect...as Clinton said "Go Baby"!

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
MG-42 wrote:[+] > That's really nice * 8) , but geeze , what's w/ all these 262 schemes ? ... You'd think the market will be saturated w/ them , eventually.

I understand your concern. I will try to answer your question. One of the major reasons for more paint schemes is pricing. If you look at the prices many of you wait for before purchasing these models you will understand our need to produce more. The retailers are expecting us to lower prices, which we have, because they know many of you are going to wait for a clearance sale. If the retailer is required to lower prices before you purchase the models, they expect us to lower prices before they purchase our models. I do not blame them.

There is an adverse effect for the bargains you are receiving lately. The manufacturers are not making what they expect per model when their projects went into development. This means it takes a lot longer for these “old, overdone, too many paint scheme models” to be paid off, and money earned to finish other aircraft and start new projects. If you wonder why the 1:18 market has slowed down and why you have not seen anything about some of the new projects promised by the manufacturers… all the above is the answer.

Admiral Toy’s response is to produce fewer numbers of more paint schemes and keep the market interested in having a choice of schemes per aircraft. We only produce roughly 1,500 in secondary paint schemes. That is not enough aircraft to provide 1 per major city in the world, the 1,500 is for world wide distribution, not just for the US.

Just because another manufacturer came out with the same aircraft after ours was produced does not mean we can afford to deviate from our original game plan and stop making 262s because the other company is making them also. We would lose money and this would not be good for our psychological desire to produce more 1:18 aircraft.

Therefore, you have seen a glimpse at only our 3rd 262. We think it is a very nice paint scheme and look forward to producing it. It is a very nice example and we hope you guys will love it.

Regards,
Jason

P.S.
In todays market, you will be hard pressed to find "more special" then 1,500 models per paint scheme. These are pretty special numbers. Most production runs are at least 5,000 models per paint scheme.

But it is your prerogative to wait for a different "special" model to be released.
Jason, I completely understand and think it is not only savvy but also special that you do 1500 unit runs. Although we may complain about repaints many of us have and will continue to purchase them because they are what is available!

I bought your white 8 at BCA because it was on sale, not because the scheme grabbed me. I did not buy the 21C yellow 7 because I have on in 1/32. This new paint scheme is beautiful, it grabs me and I will buy it. I am sure this is a fairly common situation for collectors out there.

I think you guys at AT are doing great. My only complaint is that I would sure like to buy a Dauntless and Spad! Any updates? :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:31 pm

If the production version looks like that I will buy one as well. My first AT anything.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Jason's remarks about the need for continued paint releases is totally correct. When you start to understand the position of the companies that make these you realize the pressure that comes from 2 ends. The first is almost always the customer view point. However the buyers are the second CRITICAL pivot point. Clearance items are GREAT for fans but in the niche market there is LITTLE room for margins and this spells disaster when discounts are too deep.

This is a niche fan market place gentlemen, and that means that without your direct support the hobby dies. The occasional deal is good but in the long term you might find the manufacture's going away and then the hobby goes with it. Just some food for thought.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Jason's remarks about the need for continued paint releases is totally correct. When you start to understand the position of the companies that make these you realize the pressure that comes from 2 ends. The first is almost always the customer view point. However the buyers are the second CRITICAL pivot point. Clearance items are GREAT for fans but in the niche market there is LITTLE room for margins and this spells disaster when discounts are too deep.

This is a niche fan market place gentlemen, and that means that without your direct support the hobby dies. The occasional deal is good but in the long term you might find the manufacture's going away and then the hobby goes with it. Just some food for thought.
Agreed...however it's a 2 way street. Manufactures that continue to take their customer base for granted and continually display questionable business practices soon have fewer customers.

For example, Pegasus 1/18 items. Record sales for New, NOT duplicated interesting models. 21C and AT want to reissue exsisting models and repaints fine, I'll wait and buy exciting new stuff from other places.

Sales don't influence my buying decisions.

DH

M McCracken
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by M McCracken » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:50 pm

If the final product looks this good, I'll certainly get one. This Me-262 scheme is superior to any released so far, imo.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 pm

I am kind of happy to see this scheme announced early because I think 21C was playing with the idea about doing it as well due to the popularity of the pilot (I think was the reason)... anyway, good news is that I don't think they had assigned it yet to a produciton schedule. So I am sure something else might take it's place next. I know Roy was looking at a handful of cool schemes for the single seater.

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Mon May 12, 2008 11:50 am

Any news when this Me 262 coming out ? :?: