1:18 Adolf Galland Me-262

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

1:18 Adolf Galland Me-262

Post by King O' Fools » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Ok, so anyone may have posted about this before, but I couldn’t find anything using the search feature, so here it goes: I’ve been browsing through the Militarytoyshop.com winter catalogue (1st ed., page 4) and, to my surprise, there is an AT <a href="http://usuarios.lycos.es/eduardomacri/a ... pg">‘Adolf Galland’ Me-262</a> listed as “Coming 2008.” Has anyone here heard anything about this?

If this is the case, I’m holding off on the 21c version.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:22 pm

FINALLY!

i know 21st made an Adolf Galland BF-109E, but since then, they haven't released any "top aces" paint scheme.

No Gabby Gabreski. No Eric Hartmann.

I can't wait to see how the paint scheme on AT's Adolf Galland would look like.

21st really raised the bar on Luftwaffe camo painting. I hope they can match or better yet, surpass the level of quality of the paint job. :D

olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by olifant » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Googly, you take grand prize for world's worst tatoo. I hope there is a lawsuit involved on that one!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 am

Yes, the rumor is true. Here is the paint master for the model. Pictures are Tim's (last name redacted) from this site. He had this model custom painted and we stole his ides and will use it for our model!! Tim said he would assist in any fashion, thank you Tim.

Admiral toys will produce this model in the next couple of months and will provide as close to mirror image as the paint master you are viewing.

Regards,
Jason

Photos compliments of Tim "..."
Thank you again.

Tim, I will reply to your email in my private work account tomorrow. Regards, Jason

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Jason,

Thanks for filling us in and for producing this awesome paintscheme, my favorite Me-262 thus far (and thanks to "Tim" for his wonderful customization). We really appreciate your efforts guys. :wink:

MG-42

[+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 am

[+] > That's really nice * 8) , but geeze , what's w/ all these 262 schemes ? ... You'd think the market will be saturated w/ them , eventually.

Mitch v MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

olifant

Re: [+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by olifant » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:14 am

MG-42 wrote:[+] > That's really nice * 8) , but geeze , what's w/ all these 262 schemes ? ... You'd think the market will be saturated w/ them , eventually.

That was my first thought, but I think it is a great idea both for today and tomorrow.

Multiple schemes are nice as they give a greater opportunity to buy what you really want. I have purposely waited to buy planes until a later, promised scheme comes out. Also, think of the future when these are out of production and there may be some real value to this. I don't think many of us here are XD speculators but I am sure we all have some rare pieces we are glad we picked up becuase of what they are going for on e-bay. 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:15 am

Absolutely fantastic :D Did I mention that AT has the better looking sculpt for the ME-262A?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:16 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Yes, the rumor is true. Here is the paint master for the model. Pictures are Tim's (last name redacted) from this site. He had this model custom painted and we stole his ides and will use it for our model!! Tim said he would assist in any fashion, thank you Tim.

Admiral toys will produce this model in the next couple of months and will provide as close to mirror image as the paint master you are viewing.

Regards,
Jason

Photos compliments of Tim "..."
Thank you again.

Tim, I will reply to your email in my private work account tomorrow. Regards, Jason
SOLD!! If the model looks as good as the paint master, (or close), this will be my first AT Me-262.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:19 am

olifant wrote:
MG-42 wrote:[+] > That's really nice * 8) , but geeze , what's w/ all these 262 schemes ? ... You'd think the market will be saturated w/ them , eventually.

That was my first thought, but I think it is a great idea both for today and tomorrow.

Multiple schemes are nice as they give a greater opportunity to buy what you really want. I have purposely waited to buy planes until a later, promised scheme comes out. Also, think of the future when these are out of production and there may be some real value to this. I don't think many of us here are XD speculators but I am sure we all have some rare pieces we are glad we picked up becuase of what they are going for on e-bay. 8)

>>> I will wait for a special one then.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 am

I understand your concern. I will try to answer your question. One of the major reasons for more paint schemes is pricing. If you look at the prices many of you wait for before purchasing these models you will understand our need to produce more. The retailers are expecting us to lower prices, which we have, because they know many of you are going to wait for a clearance sale. If the retailer is required to lower prices before you purchase the models, they expect us to lower prices before they purchase our models. I do not blame them.

There is an adverse effect for the bargains you are receiving lately. The manufacturers are not making what they expect per model when their projects went into development. This means it takes a lot longer for these “old, overdone, too many paint scheme models” to be paid off, and money earned to finish other aircraft and start new projects. If you wonder why the 1:18 market has slowed down and why you have not seen anything about some of the new projects promised by the manufacturers… all the above is the answer.

Admiral Toy’s response is to produce fewer numbers of more paint schemes and keep the market interested in having a choice of schemes per aircraft. We only produce roughly 1,500 in secondary paint schemes. That is not enough aircraft to provide 1 per major city in the world, the 1,500 is for world wide distribution, not just for the US.

Just because another manufacturer came out with the same aircraft after ours was produced does not mean we can afford to deviate from our original game plan and stop making 262s because the other company is making them also. We would lose money and this would not be good for our psychological desire to produce more 1:18 aircraft.

Therefore, you have seen a glimpse at only our 3rd 262. We think it is a very nice paint scheme and look forward to producing it. It is a very nice example and we hope you guys will love it.

Regards,
Jason

P.S.
In todays market, you will be hard pressed to find "more special" then 1,500 models per paint scheme. These are pretty special numbers. Most production runs are at least 5,000 models per paint scheme.

But it is your prerogative to wait for a different "special" model to be released.

MG-42

[+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 pm

[+] > That's cool * 8) ... Thanks Jason ! * :D

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:07 pm

Jason,
The new paint is great. Will you guys do the swatiska or is this toy manufacturing suicide? I know there is no way Wal-Mart would put the evil pinwheel on there planes with notions of polictical uneasyness. Will Admiral go out on a limb and make this plane more historical ? If you do this would be the first plane in 1/18 to be historicaly correct. Nothing like being a trend setter.
Matthew
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:16 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Jason,
The new paint is great. Will you guys do the swatiska or is this toy manufacturing suicide? I know there is no way Wal-Mart would put the evil pinwheel on there planes with notions of polictical uneasyness. Will Admiral go out on a limb and make this plane more historical ? If you do this would be the first plane in 1/18 to be historicaly correct. Nothing like being a trend setter.
Matthew
We do provide the Swastika as a decal with each of our 262s. We do not apply the decals at the factory because of customs in many of the countries to which we ship our models.

Germany is one of our better purchasers of the 262, it makes sense. But if we applied the Swastika our entire shipment would be confiscated by customs and vanish. Their are quite a few countries that will not allow the Swastika to cross their boarders or be sold in their country.

So we play it safe and do not apply the Swastika on the aircraft. But it is available with the model. Don't tell those countries' customs that it is in there in the form of a decal.

Regards,
Jason

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:27 pm

The new paint scheme is much better than the prior release...white 7 I believe.

As to those who wait to buy, good luck later on!

DH

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:40 pm

That is the best camo job on any 1/18 vehicle out there. Period.

Congrats, you've surpassed the level of quality of the 21st's ME-262 camo job. :D

Even the weathering is phenomenal. I truly hope that the production plane looks like that. :D :D

Saturate the market or not, this ME-262 will be a HUGE seller. Not only for 1/18 enthusiasts, but for WWII aircraft enthusiast as well. I mean....anyone with a little bit of knowledge about the European air combat in WWII knows about Adolf Galland.
:)

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Stigler/Galland- White 3.... A pill to "SWALLOW"

Post by Jackson » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Last edited by Jackson on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MG-42

[+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:19 pm

[+] > Interesting story Larry , Thanks for sharing it w/ us. * :wink: + = 8)

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:36 pm

As Jackson pointed out, this is in fact Franz Stigler's personal mount. While Galland did fly this aircraft on occasion it was only because he was who he was that Stigler allowed it. Also, it is only because Galland was photographed with the aircraft that it has become "his" over the years. Stigler represents a rare breed of aviators who flew with honor and respect for his adversaries and it is those qualities that prompted me to have this aircraft painted.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Stigler/Galland- White 3.... A pill to "SWALLOW&quo

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Jackson wrote:http://www.stormbirds.net/pilot_stigler.htm Nice lookin bird but lets get the info straight..... White 3 262 Dolfo Gallands or Stiglers??....some info to consider....Respectfully.... TJJ
Now that would be quite the birthday present for Stigler. Maybe Jason and the folks at AT should entertain the idea of presenting him with one.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Timbo wrote:As Jackson pointed out, this is in fact Franz Stigler's personal mount. While Galland did fly this aircraft on occasion it was only because he was who he was that Stigler allowed it. Also, it is only because Galland was photographed with the aircraft that it has become "his" over the years. Stigler represents a rare breed of aviators who flew with honor and respect for his adversaries and it is those qualities that prompted me to have this aircraft painted.
Well, you just did a superb job. Thanks!! :wink:

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:48 pm

As much as I'd like to, I can't take the credit for painting this bird. I worked with Scott Carter over at http://fadedarmor.com/ to get this done. I simply provided Scott with all of the images of the aircraft and paint data I could find and with a couple of educated guesses this is what he came up with.

MG-42

[+] Me262 ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 pm

[+] > Now that Jackson has brought this issue up on "who's aircraft this actually belongs to" ,.. and I did'nt even know this till he did , then it is safe to say that , it is actually an insult to Stigler to call it a Galland when in all actuality , it belongs to STIGLER , not Galland , technically ......... !

Last edited by MG-42 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 pm

It could be also argued that would German pilots have their "personal" aircraft, at this late stage in the war, or would they simply use whatever aircraft available?

It's kinda like with the Marine Corps in the Pacific. People often think that "Lucybelle" is Pappy Boyington's "personal" Corsair, when in fact, the pilots of the Black Sheep squadron never had their own personal plane. They use what's available, and Pappy himself never flew "Lucybelle". It was just a photo-op.

I don't have a problem with White 3 being marketed by AT as Adolf Galland's 262. That doesn't take away from Heer Stiegler's accomplishment and bravery during the war. :)

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:59 pm

It was rare but from what I've read even the ground crew wouldn't let anyone else fly it. Stigler brought the plane to the unit straight from the factory. Galland told him that bringing his own 262 was the only stipulation for joining the unit. The reason it doesn't have all of the normal stenciling on it is that the factory had been bombed earlier in the day and they let Stigler take it "as is" instead of risking a second attack and having it destroyed.